Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffiths

muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well didn't see that coming, she gas filed for divorce from him. I thought they would really last hope her demons don't come back to visit

Comments

• jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well tbh they have lasted for quite some time..
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a link to an article somewhere?
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Didn't see that one coming either :o

Mind you, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him!
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely didn't see that one coming.

Always thought they were an odd couple when they got together but 18 years in Hollywood is a lifetime
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they had split up ages ago? :blush:

Am I imagining it or did they part years ago (and must have got back together)? :confused:
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not that long since she was tweeting pics of them all lovey on holiday.

Does she not have a substance problem that makes her very difficult to deal with?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »

Always thought they were an odd couple when they got together but 18 years in Hollywood is a lifetime

Agreed.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    That is sad. She really adored him at one time. Sad to see real love die.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought they had split up ages ago? :blush:

Am I imagining it or did they part years ago (and must have got back together)? :confused:

Me too :confused:
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,696
    Forum Member
    Although not married but stilll a couple this news I think has made me realise that Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell are probably one of the current longest lasting celebrity hollywood couples?Since 1982 I think.
  • pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Although not married but stilll a couple this news I think has made me realise that Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell are probably one of the current longest lasting celebrity hollywood couples?Since 1982 I think.

I wouldn't be surprised if not getting married was the key. All too often you hear of folk who have been together for donkeys' years finally marrying, then divorcing barely five minutes later. It's always puzzled me. Maybe marriage somehow highlights fault lines in a relationship which weren't obvious beforehand.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Melanie was always paranoid and jealous of any actress working with him.

She traded drug problems for plastic surgery. Some years back I remember reading he told her to stop or he would would. Now I think he has been lifted and tucked.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pfgpowell wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if not getting married was the key. All too often you hear of folk who have been together for donkeys' years finally marrying, then divorcing barely five minutes later. It's always puzzled me. Maybe marriage somehow highlights fault lines in a relationship which weren't obvious beforehand.

I think sometimes as well people who have been together years have a few problems and then get married as if its some magic wand that will put everything right. Then they find the pressure of the wedding and everything else is the final straw for a relationship already under strain
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    Well tbh they have lasted for quite some time..

They have done rather well time-wise.
  • fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    pfgpowell wrote: »

I've known couples get married because they think it will cure a shaky relationship that's actually come to the end of its natural life. It doesn't work but everyone puts the failure down to being married. Other couples in long relationships get married because it's just what they want to do and they stay together.

If a relationship is crumbling neither a wedding nor a baby will stick it back together again. Working at it and deciding it's worth saving will, nothing else.

ETA Didn't see Blondie's post before I posted this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

More info here. :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2650962/Marriages-survived-Hollywood-curse.html
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how anyone can be awarded full custody of a 17 yr old who will soon turn 18.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how anyone can be awarded full custody of a 17 yr old who will soon turn 18.

In most states, the legal age of majority is eighteen.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/a/age-of-majority/
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty eerie as I was wondering only this week how they'd managed to stay together for so long prompted by a film I saw on TV with him in, The Other Man...
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having seen that I wonder if they stayed together til their daughter became old enough not to be subject of a custody battle.
  • 10000maniacs10000maniacs Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »
    Well didn't see that coming, she gas filed for divorce from him. I thought they would really last hope her demons don't come back to visit

Where are you getting the s from in Griffith?
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    I thought this might be a new,insensiive, advert but see it's a year old. :) ( I hadn't seen it before this last couple of days)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW02Wqx6JBc
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him. He always comes accross as a nice man on tv interviews. Melanie comes accross as a bit of a train wreck..what with the addictions & shocking plastic surgery. Having said that, I can't imagine any household with two actors being conventional or normal. Sad nonetheless.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In most states, the legal age of majority is eighteen.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/a/age-of-majority/

I'd be a bit embarrassed if my parents were arguing over custody of me at 17. She's not a kid. They should simply ask her who she wants to stay with until she's 18. Providing neither parent is abusive, it shouldn't be a big deal.