Options

Are you a feminist

SexSex Posts: 44,161
Forum Member
Are you a feminist?
Do you believe that women should have the same equal rights as men do?

Do you? 105 votes

Yes
63% 67 votes
No
36% 38 votes

Comments

• Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Y:yawn:es
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Of course
  • Options
    The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    Yes, of course.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Yes they should
  • Options
    scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am an ally of feminism and Women`s equal rights movements yes, I am also a Thai Boxing trainer in my current career and teach both men and women the art of MMA.
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    equality sounds great but would you expect a 8 month pregnant soldier to be trying to storm an enemy position against machine gun fire? we'll never get perfect equality but i suppose outside of the military suicidal machine we should be able to get everything pretty much equal
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    equality sounds great but would you expect a 8 month pregnant soldier to be trying to storm an enemy position against machine gun fire? we'll never get perfect equality but i suppose outside of the military suicidal machine we should be able to get everything pretty much equal

Not many men can do that either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's just stereotyping again, not all women want to or become pregnant and in fact some countries women serve on the frontline the same as men do, which is why the ban here must be abolished because it serves no purpose other than discrimination.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet the majority of those who voted against women having equal rights are male either way they voted to support patriarchy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member

I agree, we should be encouraging more young men to become carers, midwives and nail technicians.
  • Options
    fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course. Only a complete idiot would vote no and think that men and women are not equal.
  • Options
    AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    Are you a feminist?
    Do you believe that women should have the same equal rights as men do?

Two different questions there.

Do I think all people should be treated equally, of course. Do I want to have anything to do with humourless swivel-eyed feminists, no.
  • Options
    batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    Yes I am.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do I think all people should be treated equally, of course. Do I want to have anything to do with humourless swivel-eyed feminists, no.

Then you are a feminist.
    Not sure what you're on about in that last sentence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hell yes. To the bone.
  • Options
    spotty_catspotty_cat Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say yes but it's impossible for women to do some jobs as well as a man, eg: jobs involving strength.
  • Options
    AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fleabee wrote: »
    Not sure what you're on about in that last sentence.

It means I'm not fond of them, hope that clears things up for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But you've stated that all people should be treated equally, therefore you are a feminist. You hate yourself? Awww.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I`m not quite fond of patriarchs or their supporters for that matter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    spotty_cat wrote: »
    I would say yes but it's impossible for women to do some jobs as well as a man, eg: jobs involving strength.

I would agree that someone without sufficient strength couldn't do jobs that specifically require that attribute. However both men and women can fall into both categories.

As long as the factor deciding who does the job is strength not gender I don't see a problem.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do I think all people should be treated equally, of course.

It's one question and you answered it. The BIB makes you a feminist.
    Do I want to have anything to do with humourless swivel-eyed feminists, no.

Not many of us do. Do not mistake the ones who are the most vocal to be a representation of all feminists. Same can be applied to most groups.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raquelos. wrote: »
    I would agree that someone without sufficient strength couldn't do jobs that specifically require that attribute. However both men and women can fall into both categories.

As long as the factor deciding who does the job is strength not gender I don't see a problem.

Bingo.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I wouldn't expect an 8 month pregnant man to do that either. The preventing factor is pregnancy not gender.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vosne wrote: »
    Bingo.

What do I win? :-)