Options

The Fifth Doctor

2»

Comments

• Options
    Crocodile TearsCrocodile Tears Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    ^Mary and Tom had a great vibe together (Elizabeth Sladen is probably the only actress to have even more onscreen chemistry with the 4th doctor).

IMO, Romana I is also the most attractive companion of the classic era.....
    Did anyone else find it sexy in 'Stones of Blood' when she wears those impractical heels and then has to take them off and walk barefoot across the moor? :confused::D
  • Options
    joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mary Tamm was a classy lady. Such a shame she was in only one season. Ioved her Romana. Peter Davison however is another story. My least favourite Doctorout of all of them. He was horrible to his companions a lot of the time and his huffing and puffing was so annoying. Miscast imo. So glad when his doctor regenerated.
  • Options
    Crocodile TearsCrocodile Tears Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    joe_000 wrote: »
    Mary Tamm was a classy lady. Such a shame she was in only one season. Ioved her Romana. Peter Davison however is another story. My least favourite Doctorout of all of them. He was horrible to his companions a lot of the time and his huffing and puffing was so annoying. Miscast imo. So glad when his doctor regenerated.

^Yep... Five is my least favourite doctor too.
    In fact, for me the whole John Nathan-Turner era is BY FAR the worst point in franchise's history. Though at least Six and Seven had a bit of character and quirkiness.
  • Options
    donovan5donovan5 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love no 5,he was my favorite until nu who,he's maybe 2nd or third now.It helps that Tegan is probably my favorite companion as well,though to be fair that may be because I had a schoolboy crush on her back then.
    I've been working my way through his run lately and still find it enjoyable,though I do now understand the Adric hate:) didn't notice it back then but just how annoying is that boy.
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    joe_000 wrote: »

I don't have a problem with people not liking the Fifth Doctor. As I said at the beginning, he's not for everybody.

However, I totally disagree he was horrible to his companions. He was the Nice Guy Doctor and for me, how some of the other Doctors were towards their companions was far worse. The First Doctor and how he deceived his during his first few stories, the Third and his patronising attitude towards Jo, the Fourth and his attitude towards Leela and the Sixth, trying to strangle Peri and he really was horrid at times towards her. And lets not forget how the Ninth Doctor was with Rose. Arrogant, rude, patronising, sometimes downright nasty with her.

So compared to those Doctors I think the Fifth treated his quite well.

:)