Producers manipulations and 'Chosen ones'

Romola_Des_LoupRomola_Des_Loup Posts: 3,152
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Channel 5 often seem to very unsubtly edit the programmes to build up some housemates and knock down others. We've seen Conor's rehabilitation, Luke S getting stitched up a few weeks ago and one immediately regretted nasty remark from Luke A being built up into the crime of the century. But it's really nothing to do with one housemate having a relative in the production team or channel 5 wanting a particular person to win. It's in their interest to keep as many viewers and voters as possible. If one person or even one factions seem to have things all stitched up, people won't bother to switch on and certainly won't bother to vote. Becky and Ashleigh are almost certainly goners on Friday, so it's to be expected that Channel 5 will try to bolster their chances by giving Ashleigh a good edit and scuppering Luke A as much as possible. It means Luke A and outsider fans will still vote, thinking their favourites are in danger, and will keep Becky and Ashleigh fans from giving it up as a done deal.

I know it's a cliche but it's pantomime, folks, enjoy it for what it is.

Comments

• Bagshot85Bagshot85 Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    Can't really add anything more, you have it in one.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Channel 5 often seem to very unsubtly edit the programmes to build up some housemates and knock down others. We've seen Conor's rehabilitation, Luke S getting stitched up a few weeks ago and one immediately regretted nasty remark from Luke A being built up into the crime of the century. But it's really nothing to do with one housemate having a relative in the production team or channel 5 wanting a particular person to win. It's in their interest to keep as many viewers and voters as possible. If one person or even one factions seem to have things all stitched up, people won't bother to switch on and certainly won't bother to vote. Becky and Ashleigh are almost certainly goners on Friday, so it's to be expected that Channel 5 will try to bolster their chances by giving Ashleigh a good edit and scuppering Luke A as much as possible. It means Luke A and outsider fans will still vote, thinking their favourites are in danger, and will keep Becky and Ashleigh fans from giving it up as a done deal.

I know it's a cliche but it's pantomime, folks, enjoy it for what it is.

I agree - god forbid they would allow a contestant to say anything like this :-

Conor - Get your epilator, stick it up your ass. We don't give a f**k, cause i'm gonna (inaudible). I'll give her a fun game, i'll stick this up her f*****g minge the stupid bastard. I'll give her a f*****g epilator (pushes brush upwards)/ I'm gonna play loadsa pranks on her.
    Because she's a f*****g piece of s**t. I don't care if i get pulled up to the diary room.

Ashleigh - What if she chucked water on ya

Conor - I'd punch her in the face. Just knock her out (punches the air) I'd say, get up off the mat you piece of s**t.
  • Romola_Des_LoupRomola_Des_Loup Posts: 3,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conor should have been removed for that. He wasn't though, and having made the decision to keep him in, Channel 5 have had to do their best to rehabilitate him, which seems to be working amazingly well. Not even in the bottom 2 of the voting last week!
  • MistMist Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conor should have been removed for that. He wasn't though, and having made the decision to keep him in, Channel 5 have had to do their best to rehabilitate him, which seems to be working amazingly well. Not even in the bottom 2 of the voting last week!

Totally agree.