Options

Atmospherics (merged) (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Hybrid telliesHybrid tellies Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow what a day with the SpE opening lasting most of the day. Signals mostly from Italy and Spain with signals right up to 108Mhz but also heard some Arabic Scandinavian and Polish FM stations as well. Because of the amount of station and the very rapid fading not much RDS. The signals were so strong that at times they complete swamped our R2 from Wenvoe. A good day.
  • Options
    moordown66moordown66 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there anyone on here who is on Twitter who issues an alert when there's good tropo or sp-e? If there is, I'll follow you! I seem to miss 99% of the openings now due to life getting in the way but a quick twitter tip off would make all the difference
  • Options
    brumlad36brumlad36 Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moordown66 wrote: »
    Is there anyone on here who is on Twitter who issues an alert when there's good tropo or sp-e? If there is, I'll follow you! I seem to miss 99% of the openings now due to life getting in the way but a quick twitter tip off would make all the difference

Hi,

I don't personally issue alerts, but follow @dxrobot on twitter. They issue DX warnings and are based in The Netherlands. I highly recommend the site.

Chris.
  • Options
    moordown66moordown66 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant. Done
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    here is some video from yesterday sorry its so long though

http://youtu.be/-NZjfn2h6Yg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another insane opening even the local station on 93.5 is being over powered
  • Options
    ShallowFireShallowFire Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Conforming another sporadic E opening starting now.

Had MEDI 1 on 87.6 now with intermittent stereo Arabic music
  • Options
    logjamlogjam Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a couple of noisy Spanish stations around the 87 - 88 mark here in Devon, but nothing higher. It may get better as the afternoon wears on.
  • Options
    adc82140adc82140 Posts: 3,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat here- a little tropo enhancement, but nothing special
  • Options
    Adam792Adam792 Posts: 7,147
    Forum Member
    I've had Alger Chaîne 3 on 87.6 in and out of the noise over lunchtime with some pretty strong peaks but nothing else to note!
  • Options
    FmBandScanFmBandScan Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spain and Algeria in right now
  • Options
    Nick_GNick_G Posts: 5,137
    Forum Member
    Italy all over the band on the car radio last time I checked a little earlier.
  • Options
    Jack-UKJack-UK Posts: 1,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had loads of Spanish coming in last night on various frequencies, got a video of some of them. Will upload soon.
  • Options
    smitj017smitj017 Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had RNE 1 on 95.2 clear with RDS.
  • Options
    HeadancerHeadancer Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Best for me was Radio Lublin 102.2 Polish /Ukraine border !

I leave Lincs FM in which I can hear as a I take daughter to school from a high spot everyday from the Wirral.

....never have worked that out as I must be 120miles away and the Penines are in the way

Anyway Radio Lublin came through as clear as a bell even giving the station ident on car radio !.

Had to have a double take, good to know the Polish like ZZ Top !

My previous best days were on airband when Madrid Volmet came though about 10 years back in July for about an hour, I was Grantham at the time, also had the tower at London City airport....I was on the M56 ! eeek
  • Options
    Adam792Adam792 Posts: 7,147
    Forum Member
    Here's a video of a few of the stations I received in my car on Wednesday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeDs9Vd80cI
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    catherine91catherine91 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Around half an hour ago I was hearing what sounded like Polish on 87.9 and 88.5.
  • Options
    Nick_GNick_G Posts: 5,137
    Forum Member
    Yes got back home from a break in Devon this afternoon and it's been open again to Spain, Algeria & Portugal. Only dropped out here in the last few minutes.
  • Options
    tellyadicttellyadict Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard 98.7 Swirl FM from Dublin in Manchester 2 days ago on my car radio. TI came and went but could clearly be recognised.
  • Options
    ACL777ACL777 Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a strong lift coming from France. My regulars like Slam FM on 88.4 have been totally replaced by French speaking stations.
  • Options
    brumlad36brumlad36 Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ACL777 wrote: »
    There's a strong lift coming from France. My regulars like Slam FM on 88.4 have been totally replaced by French speaking stations.

It could be SP-E from North African countries. Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco radio stations mainly use French language. Look out for RDS Tatouin (Tunisia). Algeria doesn't have RDS and the audio is very loud on 87.6MHz (Chaine 3).
    There are reports of SP-E from North Africa at the moment.

Chris.
  • Options
    ACL777ACL777 Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I'll double check. There was no twitter SP-E notification from Dx robot so I assumed it was tropo as the Lilles were up abit as well.
  • Options
    logjamlogjam Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spanish, Italian and Arabic stations coming in here below 95 Mhz. Can't identify any, but some are on the same frequencies as before. All quickly fading in and out being replaced by other stations.