Readers of VIZ !

12345679»

Comments

• Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It never really feels like Christmas until you see 8 Ace trudging through the snow to Patel's Nano-Mart.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Downloadable Drunken Bakers collection:

http://www.filedropper.com/drunkenbakers-collection
  • Chelseafan101Chelseafan101 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bald businessman made a reappearance in "We Need Feedy".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bald businessman made a reappearance in "We Need Feedy".

As much as I love Farmer & Healy I can't help but feel they missed the target on this one.

Ok, the joke was decent but the satire felt very Daily Mail. I know that could be deliberate but considering the way they normally nail this sort of thing it just feels a bit...
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It never really feels like Christmas until you see 8 Ace trudging through the snow to Patel's Nano-Mart.

Had exactly the same thought....

I've just finished reading Chris Donald's Rude Kid book for the third time. Razor sharp - it gets better every time round. I remember howling with laughter at his put down of Ben Elton...

What exactly is he up to these days? I may have it wrong but the last I can recall he was contributing part-time to Viz...
  • Mr CableMr Cable Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I love Farmer & Healy I can't help but feel they missed the target on this one.

Ok, the joke was decent but the satire felt very Daily Mail. I know that could be deliberate but considering the way they normally nail this sort of thing it just feels a bit...

I normally find their strips a bit TOO bleak ('We Blight Christmas' & 'Fixed Odds Betty' just about broke my heart) but to give them their due, they don't shy away from inappropriate/unfashionable truths - the Punchline/Last Frames of 'We Feed Needy' being one of those horrible accuracies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not getting two of the jokes this month.

First is the 243 on Nobby's podium on the cover. 8 Ace has 149, San and Tray have 69 but a trawl through the Profanisaurus still has me drawing a blank on Nobby's.

Second is the entire Mr. Logic strip. It seems to be one of those parody strips based around something that's been in in the news recently but if it is then I've clearly missed it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I too was bit non-plussed by Mr Logic. I also can't work out what the 243.

Anyway, laugh out loud moment at George Bestial's last panel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just worked out the 243. It's the issue number.

I feel a bit like Ferry Tuckwit now...
  • BagovBagov Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Yes, I too was bit non-plussed by Mr Logic. I also can't work out what the 243.

Anyway, laugh out loud moment at George Bestial's last panel.

The Mr Logic strip is surely just a tribute to Monty Python's Ministry of Silly Walks?
  • AnonandonAnonandon Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Does anyone have any Examples of Sporting Super ****s which appeared for a while in Letterbocks? I submitted Mike Catt, proper **** but I don't think it got published.
  • jazzygeofferzjazzygeofferz Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    I'm 36 and I started reading Viz when I was in college around 2000. I have some older issues a friend gave to me at my Mum's, and haven't missed an issue in the last 11 years. My favourite strips are 8-Ace, Roger Mellie & Raffles. I normally turn to the Profanisaurus pages when I get the new issue and see whether there's a new entry for something to say in the awkward silence following a particularly loud anal emission ie "Keep shouting sir, we'll find you", "Anybody Injured?", "Taxi for Brown" etc.

A few friends and I recently started a campaign to try and get the new roundabout at the end of the recently constructed Alan Shearer Way named "Shearer's Island" based on the Profanisaurus entry "That increasingly isolated patch of hair on the front of a balding gentleman's head. Named after balding former footballer Alan who, if you look, has a distinctly desolate-looking doormat of hair on the front of his head."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm 36 and I started reading Viz when I was in college around 2000. I have some older issues a friend gave to me at my Mum's, and haven't missed an issue in the last 11 years. My favourite strips are 8-Ace, Roger Mellie & Raffles. I normally turn to the Profanisaurus pages when I get the new issue and see whether there's a new entry for something to say in the awkward silence following a particularly loud anal emission ie "Keep shouting sir, we'll find you", "Anybody Injured?", "Taxi for Brown" etc.

'Sounds like someone's been tampering with Herbie...' is my favourite such expression, along with the one for when said emission has a very pungent smell; 'Is everything alright in there, Mr Hill?', which I won't fully explain as it's in appalling taste.
  • SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Viz readers. I thought I'd bump this thread to see if anyone else is interested.

I've read Viz for over 25 years. I've still got them all. Must be hundreds.

I didn't even know there was a Digital Spy thread on Viz, it just turned up in the Google search when I was looking for something on Whoops Aisle Apocalypse.

I was never a fan of the Farmer/Healy strips initially, they are pretty bleak. However they've grown on me. Whoops Aisle Apocalypse is genius. I thought they were exaggerating but I was talking to a friend of mine last week who shops at Asda and he said this is what actually happens, the same people turn up every day when they know the final reduction's imminent, and block off the section with their trolleys so nobody else can buy anything.

Anybody still interested in talking about Viz?:)
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoops Aisle Apocalypse is genius. I thought they were exaggerating but I was talking to a friend of mine last week who shops at Asda and he said this is what actually happens, the same people turn up every day when they know the final reduction's imminent, and block off the section with their trolleys so nobody else can buy anything.

I feel you would get a real kick out of the Ben-To anime ;):D
  • SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    I feel you would get a real kick out of the Ben-To anime ;):D

I've just looked that up on Wikipedia. I'd never heard of it. It sounds fun.I see there are some on YouTube.:)