PS3 - Can you Defrag the drive.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
Forum Member
✭✭
I have the 40gb version and have filled and deleted numerous things on there. Is there anyway of defraging the drive as i am seeing performance issues.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Not sure on this but you could removing the drive and try defragging it under windows via a caddy? What performance issues are you expieriencing? slowdown?
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    I thought it did it by itself and wasn't a issue?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you can. If it's slowing down the loading times copy all your save games to a flash drive and format it. Then start all over again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there is some frame skipping and slowing down now and again when running a game with a video segment.

I am going to have to get a bigger drive mind, i have the 40gb PS3 and 10gb left.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the only way is take the HDD out ya PS3 and put it in ya PC but there is a problum with that lol windows does not see the parttison you haf to format the HDD then do it then copy all ya stuff back to ya HDD once ya reformated it in ya PS3 lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skhwoody wrote: »
    there is some frame skipping and slowing down now and again when running a game with a video segment.

I am going to have to get a bigger drive mind, i have the 40gb PS3 and 10gb left.
    i got a 500GB cheap on good old ebuyer.com gives me a lot of space for me downloadable games a DLC's
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure I read a while back that the PS3 uses EXT3 which is extremely resilient to fragmenting so there is no need to de-fragment.

De-fragmenting is generally a Windows problem and not something that usually needs to be done in other OSs like Linux or Mac OS.