In Treatment

cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone watching the third series showing at the moment every night on Sky Arts 2?
Gabriel Byrne plays a psychiatrist, with his own set of issues...over the weeks you get to follow the story of several of his patients, one session at a time.

It's quality stuff, in an intense slow paced kind of way.

Comments

• solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad someone else likes it too, I think it's an excellent show. I've seen the third season before on Sky Atlantic but just the once, hence re-watching it now as I've seen the first and second seasons a couple of times round now.

I particularly like the format with a rotation of different patients that you get increasingly drawn into their situations with. And in it's way each episode is very minimalist in that it's generally a bare minimum of characters or "action" as such.

I also like that they "flip" it with him getting his own therapy, it adds an important extra dimension to the show in that he's not always the calm, untroubled one.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This should probably in the US TV section...Mods, feel free to shift me ;-)
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the first series of the original Israeli version on Sky Arts a while ago. Did they ever show the second?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the first series. When I saw that series 2 was on Sky Atlantic I didnt bother looking for it again as we cant get that. I didnt think to look on Sky Arts after that.