2»

Comments

• Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Filiman wrote: »
    No one was as cheesy as tennant.

Most deffinately. You couldnt get as weak as him.
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Doctor Who has cheesy elements. Primarily in season 17, and many more since 2005. As for the different incarnations. Tom could be cheesy, McCoy could be cheesy and David could certainly be cheesy at times. :D
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    Most deffinately. You couldnt get as weak as him.

I don't think you can describe any Doctor as weak. Even the most placid Doctors like Troughton and Davison came good when it mattered and showed the right amount of authority when it came to dealing with adversaries. Tennant was no different in this respect. For example in The Idiot's Lantern where the father of the house, who was a bully, is shouted down by The Doctor when he says he is talking and responds that he's not listening. Do you call that weak?

I think the Tenth Doctor may have been emotionally weaker, but he still had the same authority as all the other Doctors.

:)
  • Options
    gareth1408gareth1408 Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    What is life without a bit of cheese? ;)
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    As a wise man once said, "Cracking cheese, Gromit."
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you can describe any Doctor as weak. Even the most placid Doctors like Troughton and Davison came good when it mattered and showed the right amount of authority when it came to dealing with adversaries. Tennant was no different in this respect. For example in The Idiot's Lantern where the father of the house, who was a bully, is shouted down by The Doctor when he says he is talking and responds that he's not listening. Do you call that weak?

I think the Tenth Doctor may have been emotionally weaker, but he still had the same authority as all the other Doctors.

Not really. For one thing he didnt have a higher power to turn to.

The tenth was a bit of a wimp balling his eyes out when Rose went away. Davison never did that when Teegan, Nyssa or Turlough went. Heck he didnt even shed a tear when Adric died.

Sure the Second did alot of running but not once did he cry and he certenly didnt cry when it was his time to go where as the Tenth cried over regenerating.
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    Not really. For one thing he didnt have a higher power to turn to.

The tenth was a bit of a wimp balling his eyes out when Rose went away. Davison never did that when Teegan, Nyssa or Turlough went. Heck he didnt even shed a tear when Adric died.

Sure the Second did alot of running but not once did he cry and he certenly didnt cry when it was his time to go where as the Tenth cried over regenerating.

Reading your post you are therefore saying what I'd already said, that he was emotionally weaker. It doesn't make him weak as a person or he wouldn't have any authority or confidence to do the things The Doctor usually does. During his tenure this Doctor was seen to be ready to sacrifice his life on several occasions, I don't really see how that can be considered weak overall.

The difference with this Doctor is that he reacts more emotionally to situations. He is the complete opposite to Hartnell who used to cover his feelings very well but both of them have the same thing in common. They both have the courage and the convictions to do what is necessary to resolve a situation.