little known facts about your favourite celebs

Comments

• Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In 1958, when he was 18, Bruce Lee was an excellent dancer, and won the Cha-Cha Championship of Hong Kong.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    Perhaps not a great secret but despite his great intellect and education, Patrick Moore never went to university. When he was roughly of the age to go, WWII broke out so he signed up with the RAF instead. He chose not to go after the war. Didn't do him any harm though! He told me this personally as I won a competition to meet him as a kid

He also met one of the Wright Brothers and Neil Armstrong, lucky chap.
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Jedward competed at national level in athletics in Ireland and were tipped to make the Irish team for the European Cross Country Championships before the X Factor came calling :)

Athletics loss is singing is loss too - why didn't they stick at what they were good at?
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    curious how all of these 'celebs' should have been killed in 9/11! so which 'celebs' were killed, either on the planes or in towers? There had to have been several to balance out the weight of this 'I was almost killed, but...' story that so many celebs have used if the above is true :)

David Angel one of the main writers on Frasier was one of the not lucky one - that's why Niles's son was called David in tribute.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really? in what way? something toxic or out of emotional stress than did something?

I think she was close to the towers around the time and blamed the aspestos and other toxics she had been breathing in.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    soundstory wrote: »
    John Barrowman is a talented actor

John Barrowman is gay - doesn't like to talk about it though.
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »
    John Barrowman is gay - doesn't like to talk about it though.

No way!

I mean the next thing youll be telling me Rock Hudson was gay
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn`t the Duchess of Pork...er...York in NYC at the time of 9-11-01 and in a cab waiting to take her to downtown NYC before the towers were hit? I seem to recall hearing something about it..
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cliff Richards is not a homosexual, in fact he is a confirmed Christian, which is like being gay with a supreme entity instead of with another man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »
    Wasn`t the Duchess of Pork...er...York in NYC at the time of 9-11-01 and in a cab waiting to take her to downtown NYC before the towers were hit? I seem to recall hearing something about it..

Probably. York is twinned with New York City....for obvious reasons. The Duke or Duchess of York visit both cities a lot as a result.
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicole Scherneggerzinger was born Nicholas and 'she' was the Pussycat Doll who was alledgedly a sex change
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    guffybear wrote: »
    Nicole Scherneggerzinger was born Nicholas and 'she' was the Pussycat Doll who was alledgedly a sex change
    Very dodgy 'fact'!! :D

We're not hearing many secrets here. I thought DS could do better! :D Anyway here's another. Roddy MacDowall had one of the biggest manhoods in Hollywood. Whilst partying, he compared sizes with Rock Hudson, Little Richard and others. Rock Hudson's eyes nearly popped out!!
  • davidnumendavidnumen Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We're not hearing many secrets here. I thought DS could do better! :D Anyway here's another. Roddy MacDowall had one of the biggest manhoods in Hollywood. Whilst partying, he compared sizes with Rock Hudson, Little Richard and others. Rock Hudson's eyes nearly popped out!!

Indeed apparently his party trick was being able to ... well what dogs can do but men can't.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    I believe Donna Summer accused 9/11 of giving her cancer.

I believe that was because she lived very close by & breathed a lot of nasty stuff in like a lot of others sadly did.
    Forum Member
    davidnumen wrote: »
    Indeed apparently his party trick was being able to ... well what dogs can do but men can't.

Jump up in the air and catch a frisbee in his mouth? :)
  • EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jump up in the air and catch a frisbee in his mouth? :)

Catching something else in his mouth, by the sound of it. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sean Bean is terrified of flying in helicopters :eek:
    Forum Member

He was also a very keen photographer, obviously he was able to improvise a tripod when he needed one :eek:
    Forum Member
    Colin Powell became a household name during the first Gulf War and some thought that he had become so popular that he might run for president. Americans pronounce his name Coe-lin. It should actually be Colin as we British say it. Colin's parents were Jamaican and so used the British pronunciation. However when he lived in New York as a boy, his friends assumed that his name was pronounced (Coe-lin) like the WWII hero Colin P. Kelly Jr. and it stuck. But his close family still use the British pronunciation. (From his bio)
    Forum Member
    David Duchovny's character, Fox Mulder, might be a hero to Ufologists but the actor himself is very skeptical about UFO's and whether aliens are secretly visiting Earth. Ironically, his former X-Files co-star, Gillian Anderson, despite her character's skepticism, is much more open to the possibility of alien visitation.
  • silly sausagesilly sausage Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna is related to both Gwen Stefani and Celine Dion. Gwen's great aunt's mother-in-law shares the same last name as Madonna Ciccone and an ancestor of Madonna's mother was married to a distant relative of Celine's dad.
  • statenislandstatenisland Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna is related to both Gwen Stefani and Celine Dion. Gwen's great aunt's mother-in-law shares the same last name as Madonna Ciccone and an ancestor of Madonna's mother was married to a distant relative of Celine's dad.

do they hang out? :eek:
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do they hang out? :eek:

once Madonna has Hung Out she could be Hung Up!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    the BBC golf commentator peter alliss was the heaviest baby ever born in europe... 14 lb 11 oz
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the BBC golf commentator peter alliss was the heaviest baby ever born in europe... 14 lb 11 oz

This one wins.