Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 36)

Comments

• Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah who needs spoiler tags for something that's bull :)
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    I would love to know how "match fixing" is defined for this story. Does anyone know?
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard a lot of comment on the radio almost handing us the title, as if they've already forgotten last season.

Although we're in a better position than last season & City are in a worse position, we mustn't get complacent by half thinking it's in the bag.

Saying that, I am a bit more confident this time, as we have Van Persie, plus City don't look quite as powerful as they did last season.

I suppose I'll keep the faith as long as Fred Done doesn't pay out before it is mathematically possible for us to be champions!!!:D:D
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    I would love to know how "match fixing" is defined for this story. Does anyone know?

I've just googled the match report and all
    I can see is a red card that I suppose could have been betted on before the game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8337865.stm
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a small thing, but you know Kun's goal last night, did it remind anyone of Sparky's v Barca in the Cup Winners Cup Final of 1991?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard a lot of comment on the radio almost handing us the title, as if they've already forgotten last season.

Although we're in a better position than last season & City are in a worse position, we mustn't get complacent by half thinking it's in the bag.

Saying that, I am a bit more confident this time, as we have Van Persie, plus City don't look quite as powerful as they did last season.

I suppose I'll keep the faith as long as Fred Done doesn't pay out before it is mathematically possible for us to be champions!!!:D:D

There is still a very long way to go, and both sides have some very tricky games left to play (not that apart from Villa there are any easy games anyway), so I am not counting my Duck-billed Platypus' anytime soon.

I am a glass full, nevermind half full bloke, but even I will say that there is still room in my glass for more water
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    £57 mufc want me to pay to watch thm against reading in the cup, now i know why we aint selling out anymore :(
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    I've just googled the match report and all
    I can see is a red card that I suppose could have been betted on before the game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8337865.stm

I just wondered if it was odds shifting, spot fixing or if people were actually suggesting the match itself was being fixed.
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    I just wondered if it was odds shifting, spot fixing or if people were actually suggesting the match itself was being fixed.

Given the figures they said in the press conference was around 400 match officials it makes it sound more involved than Nani taking a dive on the 28th minute.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    Given the figures they said in the press conference was around 400 match officials it makes it sound more involved than Nani taking a dive on the 28th minute.

What was the name of that German referee that was found out to be a match-fixer, and went to prison becuase of it?
    I would think things would be similar to what he did.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can you get .5 of a goal lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Anybody watching this FA England awards do? :sleep:
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    £57 mufc want me to pay to watch thm against reading in the cup, now i know why we aint selling out anymore :(

And this is my answer when people sneer at me for not attending as much these days.

Mad money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In text messages recovered by police – the people behind the match fixing bemoaned the fact Steven Gerrard missed some presentable chances against Debrecen.

They fixed the match (allegedly) and Pool still couldn't get the job done. Oh how the mighty have fallen :D
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    In text messages recovered by police – the people behind the match fixing bemoaned the fact Steven Gerrard missed some presentable chances against Debrecen.

They fixed the match (allegedly) and Pool still couldn't get the job done. Oh how the mighty have fallen :D

They won the game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They won the game.

I think the idea was that they scored more than once though. Over 2.5 goals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think the idea was that they scored more than once though

Not Liverpool's issue. Their goal was to win the match and they did. Thus, they got the job they needed to do, done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not Liverpool's issue. Their goal was to win the match and they did. Thus, they got the job they needed to do, done.

Obviously. The issue is that they didn't get the job done in terms of the fix.

Whatevz. It was a joke. Not a very good one admittedly :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Obviously. The issue is that they didn't get the job done in terms of the fix.

Whatevz. It was a joke. Not a very good one admittedly :o

Conforming to a fix was never their job to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Conforming to a fix was never their job to do.

I never claimed it was (i didn't mean it literally, as in a form of collusion). I should have been clearer. I am NOT accusing them of cheating.

Somebody apparently (knowingly) gave them a helping hand and (unknowingly) they couldn't capitalize properly on it.

You're the last person i would expect to be taking a joke post seriously :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never claimed it was (i didn't mean it literally, as in a form of collusion). To be clear i am NOT accusing them of cheating.

Somebody apparently (knowingly) gave them a helping hand and (unknowingly) they couldn't capitalize properly on it.

You're the last person i would expect to be taking a joke post seriously :p

Don't worry, I go what you meant! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know it was possible to get thunder when it is this cold... if this is true then it just proves how very difficult it is to fix matches.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, we've had 3 hours of thundersnow. Very surreal witnessing thunder, lightning and snow in February!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    Yes, we've had 3 hours of thundersnow. Very surreal witnessing thunder, lightning and snow in February!

I had that about 3am about a week ago! :D

It was heaving down with a mixture of rain and snow, and then we had lighting light up the sky! It was strange to say the least!
This discussion has been closed.