Sean Dyche

HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
Forum Member
✭✭✭
He's good isn't he the gruffly voiced Bard of Burnley. After looking like they would be cut adrift at the start of the season they've picked up quite a few decent results and given themselves half a chance.
And with a team that looks like it's got no right to be in the top flight on paper.
Hardly spent anything on transfers relatively speaking when they came up
Also never seems to spout whiny bullshit like the Bruces/ Redknapps etc.

Quite refreshing and sort of old fashioned really. I likes.

Comments

• Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    He's good isn't he the gruffly voiced Bard of Burnley. After looking like they would be cut adrift at the start of the season they've picked up quite a few decent results and given themselves half a chance.
    And with a team that looks like it's got no right to be in the top flight on paper.
    Hardly spent anything on transfers relatively speaking when they came up
    Also never seems to spout whiny bullshit like the Bruces/ Redknapps etc.

Quite refreshing and sort of old fashioned really. I likes.

Agreed, I like him he's a top bloke, hope Burnely stay up this season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    Yes, I like him and certainly Burnley have got to grips with the Premier League.

No wins and just 4 points from their first 10 games.

4 wins and 16 points in the next 11. Only 7 clubs have gathered more points in their last 11 matches, 11 clubs have gathered fewer.

With Vokes easing his way back to to join Ings and Barnes they have important firepower to add to organisation and attitude. Good luck to them.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, like him a lot. Seems like a thoroughly bloody nice bloke but I imagine he'd scare the living shite out of you if you got on the wrong side of him.

I'd prefer Burnley to stay up over any of the other probable candidates, if only to show that it can be done on a meagre budget.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I was watching the highlights or SSN early morning last week and was just drifting off to sleep when an interview with him came on and I nearly shit myself :D
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,825
    Forum Member
    He's managed to turn Sam Vokes into a good player so he must be doing something right.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burney are my 2nd team now, Everton are my favs, But want Burnley to stay up, Feel they need to try and get as many points from the next 3 games, as I believe they have a run of hard games coming up.

It is nice seeing a bunch of mainly English players playing for the team, hope Bourenmouth can do the same next season.

I know what you mean by Seans voice, as soon as you hear his voice you know its him
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dyche sounds like the sort of chap who would be selling cars from a lock up if he were'nt managing Burnley!

"I can only keep this one for you until Friday at the latest, they're always in demand these!
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    Dyche sounds like the sort of chap who would be selling cars from a lock up if he were'nt managing Burnley!

"I can only keep this one for you until Friday at the latest, they're always in demand these!

With Harry Redknapp as his partner in the lock up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    They really need to beat Palace (H) Sunderland (A) and Albion(H) before they have an unbelievably hard run of 9 games where they could seriously be cut adrift that run is
    Utd (A)
    Chelsea (A)
    Swansea(H)
    Liverpool(A)
    City(H)
    Southampton(A)
    Spurs(H)
    Arsenal(H)
    Everton(A)
  • mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leemuir wrote: »
    They really need to beat Palace (H) Sunderland (A) and Albion(H) before they have an unbelievably hard run of 9 games where they could seriously be cut adrift that run is
    Utd (A)
    Chelsea (A)
    Swansea(H)
    Liverpool(A)
    City(H)
    Southampton(A)
    Spurs(H)
    Arsenal(H)
    Everton(A)

But then that means they will have a relatively easy run-in compared to other teams that find themselves at or near the bottom of the table at that stage of the season.

Swings and roundabouts.
    Forum Member
    Could be out of it by the end of that run though, Although I have a soft spot developing for Burnley so I hope not
  • Will_JohnsonWill_Johnson Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is, you have to play everyone in the end. The theoretically easy fixtures typically involve opponents scrapping for their own lives.

On the flip you look at Norwich's run in last season and with four games left you wondered where any more points were coming from.

It works all ways. With 17 games to go you still have to play most opponents again.
    Forum Member
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • Will_JohnsonWill_Johnson Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is a really good manager. He get them up with a team that honestly was not that great in the first place is amazing. I like the way his team keeps fighting for the result even when i a bad run.