Options

Worst team to follow this Season

2»

Comments

• Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been pretty tough being a Peterborough fan this season - on 18 October, we were second having won 8 of our 13 games.

How many have we won in the next 12? Just one, which has seen us fallen to 15th. No wonder Darragh MacAnthony went on a Twitter rant the week before last. (And, as if to rub our noses in it, the lot at the Shabby Stadium get to the Fourth Round of the FA Cup and get Man United at home.)
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    ha argumentative as always

I'm just presenting a counter-argument, that's the point of this place, isn't it?

If you think that Villa should be discounted, simply because they're in the Premier League, that's fine. I disagree. As I said, there's no definitive answer. Someone will always come up with a team who are 'worse off'. You cite 'Bristol', below. I presume that you mean Bristol City. You've proven my point. Just because a team is in a lower league, doesn't mean that following them is a particular hardship, this year.

Following Villa, regardless of their division, has to be a right chore.
    but bristol are in league below but winning all the time and might get promoted so they are not automatically worse because they are in lower league

As for this...
    villa can be picked as worse to follow than many teams, but THE worst? not even close

Probably correct.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Has to be either Coventry or Blackpool, should say Leeds too but to be honest as nobody likes them I don't think they'll ever get much sympathy!
  • Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have enjoyed reading some of the suggestions for teams and I do agree with the problems at blackpool, leeds would make it hard to watch the games but their is certainly a lot going on off the field maybe a bit too much. QPR is a good shout on their away form you would question why you bothered on that front this season.

As some people have said their are no right answers and it is open to suggest any team it is really why you think they are so painful to watch or support this season.

I did laugh the Villa comment that is a footballing void. I can see that even they suck the footballing ability out of teams playing them the highlight was getting beaten 4-0 by Man City. They have not even seen other teams score many against them.

I think we also do need to mention Hartlepool a bit more as well. Not only are they bottom of league two and 9 points adrift but they have only scored 18 goals in 26 games. To think last season they got to league one as well.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just presenting a counter-argument, that's the point of this place, isn't it?

If you think that Villa should be discounted, simply because they're in the Premier League, that's fine. I disagree. As I said, there's no definitive answer. Someone will always come up with a team who are 'worse off'. You cite 'Bristol', below. I presume that you mean Bristol City. You've proven my point. Just because a team is in a lower league, doesn't mean that following them is a particular hardship, this year.

Following Villa, regardless of their division, has to be a right chore.

As for this...

Probably correct.

i havnt proved your point i have put forward mine, i have never said the lower you are the worse to follow.

i am not saying villa should be discounted, just said that perhaps the thread was only thinking in terms of premier league. what i am saying is going through tough time in lower league is gonna be worse than going through bad patch in prem.

its more of a tie breaker in my mind.
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what i am saying is going through tough time in lower league is gonna be worse than going through bad patch in prem.

its more of a tie breaker in my mind.

Fair enough.

Although, I'd say that it's a bit more than a 'bad patch', for Villa. They've been in purgatory for about 4 years.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough.

Although, I'd say that it's a bit more than a 'bad patch', for Villa. They've been in purgatory for about 4 years.

yet never really been in danger of going down come end of season IIRC

boring as hell though and as a cov fan i do hope they go down!

no disagreements they are one of the worse teams to follow this year