Southampton supporters thread

Comments

• OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goodbye and thank you to Radhi Jaidi, David Connolly, Lee Holmes and Bart Bialkowski.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    New season is upon us and I think we're gunna surprise some people COYR!

He stands just over 6 foot 3, Rickie, Rickie
    He took us to the Premier League, Rickie, Rickie
    He gets the ball, he takes the p*ss
    He wears the shirt like Matt Le Tiss
    Rickie Lambert, Southampton Goal Machine!!
  • TechnoGeekTechnoGeek Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The S**m are going down..... rolll on next may
    Forum Member
    TechnoGeek wrote: »
    The S**m are going down..... rolll on next may

What when you'll either be in League 2 or out of buisness? Yeah lots to look forward to.

COYR!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats the Matter S*****R cant take it. all you done is sign championship quality players= relegation. we can sign 10 players in one day and more to come.
    Forum Member
    Steve Davis? Soon-to-be Gaston Ramirez? Neither have played in the Championship, which leaves your arguement in a similar state to your club, really.

As for the ten new players, Luke Rodgers? Izale McLeod? Yeah good luck with that!

To the tune of Only Fools and Horses:

They don't pay their VAT,
    they got no points at Hull City,
    futures bleak,
    and they're poor,
    HMRC at their door,
    goodbye PFC,
    embarrassment to the football league,
    say Magnifique SFC! Magnifique SFC!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Typical S*****R all mouth and boring. come up with something original you retard. Pompey"s financial woe"s are well documented and been in the news a long time. Fact we are still going and always will be so read it and weep S**M Boy. as for magnifique you have no pride no passion no history you can only sing one song oh when the S**M dont win F**C all, never been champions of England your only trophy was won for you by a Pompey lad bobby stokes from Paulsgrove. and you still couldnt beat us last season.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May I just wish you all the best of luck on your Premier League return, I honestly hope that you manage to pick up the full three points, that Lambert gets a hat-trick and that your keeper has a clean sheet at full-time! :D:D;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical S*****R all mouth and boring. come up with something original you retard. Pompey"s financial woe"s are well documented and been in the news a long time. Fact we are still going and always will be so read it and weep S**M Boy. as for magnifique you have no pride no passion no history you can only sing one song oh when the S**M dont win F**C all, never been champions of England your only trophy was won for you by a Pompey lad bobby stokes from Paulsgrove. and you still couldnt beat us last season.

When you've quite finished with your jealous rant, kindly remove yourself back to your supporters thread where you can wallow in misery with the rest of your Pompey mates.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jealous of you lot lol. if you cant take it dont give it. i would say enjoy your one season in the premiership but it will be fun watching you get beat most weeks and suffering. Now what did you do when you was in the old first division in the 70"s and 80"s and your brief spells in the premiership NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    Forum Member
    Jealous of you lot lol. if you cant take it dont give it. i would say enjoy your one season in the premiership but it will be fun watching you get beat most weeks and suffering. Now what did you do when you was in the old first division in the 70"s and 80"s and your brief spells in the premiership NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Well to be fair, this is our thread. We haven't come onto your thread and bad-mouthed your team. Just because that thread will soon be all you have left of your club.

Oh and last time we were in the Premier League, we were there for 27 years. Hardly brief! I believe your spell lasted, what, 7 years? Summat like that? Pitiful- some clubs don't have any endurance at the top level. Just not cut out for that level- or indeed any level. Enjoy League 1... if thats if you have a team for tomorrow...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see you still have nothing original to say then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lee Barnard will score a hatrick today :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Brief spells..?

27 years is hardly a brief spell, is i...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see you still have nothing original to say then.

WE have nothing original to say...Right...Because you guys NEVER bang on about keeping the cup through the war, do you...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    having 3 of last seasons top 4 in you're first 4 games and then a tricky away game at Everton is not exactly the start that any promoted team would choose. I know some people would say better get them out the way first but personally I'ed much rather have a few points on the board first before having to play the big clubs. We've seen many times before a promoted club get off to a bad start and never recover and these first few games could just be a case of damage limitations for Southampton.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite a turnaround from three seasons ago when Portsmouth were in the Premier League and Southampton in League 1.

Best of luck in the new season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been keeping track more during the pre-season than normal but what the hell has happened to Tadanari Lee? He played got a great goal, got an injury and now he's completely disappeared. He is a very promising player as well.
    Forum Member
    Been keeping track more during the pre-season than normal but what the hell has happened to Tadanari Lee? He played got a great goal, got an injury and now he's completely disappeared. He is a very promising player as well.

He played the last 20 minutes of an Under 21 friendly last week and scored, so it looks like he's on his way back...
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Good luck tomorrow guys, we had the same start last year - tough match!

I genuinely hope you do well though, Saints are my local team and I like to see them do well.:)
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,857
    Forum Member
    Bad luck today but more performances like that and you will be the Swansea/Norwich of last season.
  • ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    Mark F wrote: »
    Bad luck today but more performances like that and you will be the Swansea/Norwich of last season.

Agreed , I was pleasantly suprised and rather impressed with the performance .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah 27 yrs and achieved nothing, did you win the title NO, did you qualify for Europe NO at least when Pompey was in the old first division we won it two yrs running doesnt matter how long ago its there in our history in black & white FACT. And to top it all of 2-1 up against Man City and throw it away LOL Rol on nxt may THE STAINS ARE GOING DOWN
  • Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the back of today's performance..i'm terrified when we play you - Arsenal fan
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah 27 yrs and achieved nothing, did you win the title NO, did you qualify for Europe NO at least when Pompey was in the old first division we won it two yrs running doesnt matter how long ago its there in our history in black & white FACT. And to top it all of 2-1 up against Man City and throw it away LOL Rol on nxt may THE STAINS ARE GOING DOWN

Actually Soton did qualify for Europe, more than once if IIRC, but I saw them play Hamburg SV in the UEFA Cup in 1984, and they may not have won a title but they did come close and finish runners-up in the early 80's to Liverpool, and credit where it's due they did manage 27 years in the top flight and on pretty small gates while at The Dell, wheras we only managed 7 seasons the last time, although tbh they were lucky a few times in not going down like the time Boro got docked 3 points and went down instead.