Praise Three !

Comments

• nodnolnodnol Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another happy 3 user............sigh........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    i agree with nodnol question is where did you get the phone from some of my friends got there first 3g phones from a certain company they were not that good but they got the same phones from a different company and thay were fine, mind you its like the other networks can you say that you are 100% happy with them they all have good and bad points, i had a t mobile my phone got nicked and they said i had to pay near £50. to have a sim card with my old number, that was with insureance cant think on how much it would have cost with out, well i said no and went to a different network, give three 2 more years and they will be as good as the rest of them, if not sooner, just want to know why cant the other networks do the same as three with the payg phones, do not say cost they seem to spend a fortune on advirtiseing, paying football teams enough money to pay off the nattional debt, and still have large profits, so either good calls on three or see large bills for not much
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See......the trend is growing! Totally agree with you sazzy, 2 years and 3 will be as good as the rest.

Ive just bought another nec, its a c616v, its black too.

The 3 rep in the shop said it was a limited edition, and he even tried to put this one back and swop it for a silver one in the shop when I wasnt looking. ( Also the 338 looks nice and small too) Has anyone else seen black c616v's or was the rep just talking crap?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There must be someone else with a black 616?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I don't hate Three but I don't love them. I think in terms or value for money you can't go wrong. I've been a 3pay customer for a few months and I have the NEC E616V. Before that I had the NEC E313 which I gave to my GF along with the new sim card from the e616. I am very disapointed about the free email stopping. As for the call center in India this don't bother me as I blocked my SIM card once by accident and they were very helpful. The guy went Ill call you back on your landline in about 30 minutes and 2 minutes later he phone me with my PUK code. I have experienced call drops nd my phone restarting but this only happens if I've been messing with my phone/ Three as a service are great. I never have problems sending or receiving texts. But for some reason I cant receives pics from Orange phone which is weird since Thre is run by the people how started Orange. I think Three are great and can only get better. If you cll you get thru to India if you email that goes thru to Scotland.

If you don't like three don't use it. If you're willing to and you use your phone alot every month then give them a chance. I know the cheapest amount on the phone spent a year will cost £180 if you top up £15 every month but I do more than this anyway and I find 750 mins for £35 and 75 messages for £5 get me thru the month perfectly.

£25 Would probaby do me but for an extra £15 might as well get a £35 and 250 xnet minutes hey.
  • lalalandlalaland Posts: 11,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been a 3pay customer for a few months and I have the NEC E616V. Before that I had the NEC E313
    There's your problem then. There seems to be a pattern amongst Three users with the Nec phones and call dropping.

I used to get this problem with my Nec, but didn't get it with the Nokia 7600 and definately don't get it with the A1000.

The NEC phones are pants, try changing to the Nokia or LG or A1000 if you can.

I know the handset shouldn't make a difference, but the Nec handsets don't seem as good at holding or finding signals as good as the Nokia, LG handsets or the A1000 and I suspect that this is the problem.

My GF has the LG and had it while I had an Nec for a bit and could get signals in areas that I couldn't. I then tried the 7600 and the problem was solved. The A1000 is also good and seems to be 3G more than the Nokia was, but I suspect this is mostly down to Three's network improvement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Hi There All,

Well i bought my new Motorola C975 just over a week ago on 3, £44.99 including my first £15 airtime. Since have bought a £25 as i text a hell of alot and still have over 300 left and also added a £10 use for anything add-on for ringtune downloads and so on. The phone itself is great, more things to do on it than i have time for ;) and inscase any of you are wondering if it is bluetooth, well i found out from 3 it is not a bluetooth handset but you can get the bluetooth car headsets as they come for this handset with an adapter which i presume slots into the data cable slot at the bottom of the fone, so when i can get the readies for this i shall purchase one because i cannot stand cables :rolleyes:

Now when i was speaking with the bloke in the well known mobile phone shop i got it from, he was explaining to me that at the moment calls still drop due to when one is passing from a 3g coverage area and then you enter a 2.5 or 2g coverage area, this happens due to the back up networks 3 utilise, which i believe if my memory serves me correct *doesn't happen often* :D is O2 and T-Mobile. Now as they are not 3g compatible or only just getting there, this is where the problem lies with call drops.
    He also stated that it is well known in the industry that in no more than a year... yes a year which is nothing, 3 will be the best UK Mobile Network out of the lot partly due to the fact that within this next year they will no longer be utilising back up network operators and are currently working hard to have there OWN masts and infrastructure finalised and put in place. Also because they started from scratch as a 3g operator and provider and all the other networks are playing catch up indeed with regards to 3g services and products.

Yes they have had there problems and i only know this from what i have read and heard in the past but i have had to call CS on a few occasions mainly getting used to how to top up using my debit card and not wanting to do anything wrong, how to setup certain aspects of my fone as this is by far the most advanced fone i have ever been able to afford to have posession of and other general enquiries which some were over the bank holiday period and i have nothing but praise for every single time i have needed to call them, prompt answering, understanding of my queries and also sorting of my problems.

I do think that in another 6months we shall see what with i have mentioned above further massive strides forward and the proof will be in the pudding so to speak.

However it is alike any product or service, you cannot satisfy everyone and will always get disgruntled and happy customers so as other people have said, if you like 3 then stay with them and lets grow the network together whilst enjoying the awesome benefits and services but if you cannot stand 3 for whatever reason, simply go and join a different network.....pretty simple solutions really :cool:

Right everyone that's all from me for now and here's to all my other fellow 3 stickarounds :p

Take Care & A Happy New Year To You All
    Rob
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic! See threebashers, the trend is growing
    I also believe 3 will be the best around soon enough. A year or 2.
  • playmeplayme Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i had a nec313 first thought it was brill even though it was the size of a brick
    got my nec616 think that is the bollocks this two are the only phones that iv bought that give u two batteries iv never had dropped calls on mine
    my only moan is that im meant to be in a 3g area it says i am on the website
    anyway when im at home im nearly alwayss in 2g so i thought ill ring them up and see whats going on the woman was very helpful but she says they are not going to improve the signal and said that i should try standing in the garden
    thats fine if its not pissing down with rain
    and my only other gripe is can they not text u a couple of days b4 your credit expires as i only put 15quid a month on
    and maybe a 5quid text pack
    but i think all in all its the bollocks and the value for money is brill the fact ican have a vid call with my bruv who lives in scotland is brilliant (when in 3g area)
    and getting a £200 phone for £65 is brill
    i luv the vidoes
    will stay with 3 but may get a better phone in a couple of months and they may resolve the signal problem :)
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The phones are good I have a 3G Video phone but I don't use '3' services I have it unlocked to Orange, the money you put out on topping up these phones and poor network coverage puts me off, but the phones are good except the bricks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how did u unlock yours cos im getting some of those o2 sim cards :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hello does anyone know how to unlock a 3 phone :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    playme wrote:
    i had a nec313 first thought it was brill even though it was the size of a brick
    got my nec616 think that is the bollocks this two are the only phones that iv bought that give u two batteries iv never had dropped calls on mine
    my only moan is that im meant to be in a 3g area it says i am on the website
    anyway when im at home im nearly alwayss in 2g so i thought ill ring them up and see whats going on the woman was very helpful but she says they are not going to improve the signal and said that i should try standing in the garden
    thats fine if its not pissing down with rain
    and my only other gripe is can they not text u a couple of days b4 your credit expires as i only put 15quid a month on
    and maybe a 5quid text pack
    but i think all in all its the bollocks and the value for money is brill the fact ican have a vid call with my bruv who lives in scotland is brilliant (when in 3g area)
    and getting a £200 phone for £65 is brill
    i luv the vidoes
    will stay with 3 but may get a better phone in a couple of months and they may resolve the signal problem :)

Cool, another happy 3 user.

The newer upgraded versions of the 616 are bloody good value for money. I've got one, and am very pleased with it.

I found that the battery life on the thinner battery is very good, lasted days without a charge and it was in constant use, and when it did go on me in the town centre, I simply walked in to 3's outlet in superdrug and they put it on charge for me! while I went & did my business in town.

Havent had to use the heavy duty one yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like eing on three, except for 1 thing, All of my friends that are on three have a problem with texts, oth recieving and sending, IE, we cannot send OR recieve texts, i've only recieved texts from three themselves and no one else, and I know it's a problem cause I've physically seen a friend text my phone to check, and low and behold nothing.

Anyhow, I love the music videos and premiership highlights, so if i'd get a texting only phone i'd be happy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like eing on three, except for 1 thing, All of my friends that are on three have a problem with texts, oth recieving and sending, IE, we cannot send OR recieve texts, i've only recieved texts from three themselves and no one else

That has happened to me occasionally, but rare nowdays.

This will get better in time.
  • wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Droped calls are a big problem again.... very frustrating and embarrassing!

After nearly 2 years in operation one should be able to communicate on this network.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Droped calls are a big problem again.... very frustrating and embarrassing!

After nearly 2 years in operation one should be able to communicate on this network.

This has to be specific to where you are?

I agree after 2 years it should be working properly.

But it works for me, and countless others. And also doesnt work for countless others, but persevere my friends.
  • steve007steve007 Posts: 1,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today I went out and bought a Three phone. Its a busy month for me and I'll be travelling around North and South, so I'll report back how it performs (or not) when i get chance.

My initial thoughts are that not much has changed. It still only achieves 2.5g at my house, although to be fair its remote so understandable. The portal is still very very slow in anything but 3g mode but call quality seems slightly improved - still not as good as Orange, but definitely better.

Like the phone alot though, so not all bad - I may unlock it and join orange! ;):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steve007 wrote:
    Today I went out and bought a Three phone. Its a busy month for me and I'll be travelling around North and South, so I'll report back how it performs (or not) when i get chance.

My initial thoughts are that not much has changed. It still only achieves 2.5g at my house, although to be fair its remote so understandable. The portal is still very very slow in anything but 3g mode but call quality seems slightly improved - still not as good as Orange, but definitely better.

Like the phone alot though, so not all bad - I may unlock it and join orange! ;):)

Hello steve, you seem to know your stuff judging from your previous posts, so I will be interested to hear how it performs all over the country. Cant wait for this, and it must be an unbiased report, although I don't need to say that to you. You could post it on this thread if it's praise though!!!

You didnt say what phone you bought, or when you will post report?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nodnol wrote:
    Hello steve, you seem to know your stuff judging from your previous posts, so I will be interested to hear how it performs all over the country. Cant wait for this, and it must be an unbiased report, although I don't need to say that to you. You could post it on this thread if it's praise though!!!

You didnt say what phone you bought, or when you will post report?
    I bought the LG 8120. Nice phone, build quality reminds me of samsung....

Of course unbiased :eek:

I'm away for 3 or 4 weeks from around the 10th of January, so when I return (beg. Feb i expect) I shall let you know how it worked.

I should also say that I tested the Motorola 975 and was very tempted by it. For the money this is a great phone. £45 gets you the phone and £15 credit! The only reason I didnt buy it is that I carry a Nokia 6600 and if I am carrying 2 phones, one has to be smaller. The 6600 and the 975 would have been too much to carry! But still a great phone for the money. :);)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 8120 looks nice. Not bad spec either.

This is what we need, a roving reporter :D

Hope it goes well, look forward to your findings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I love 3 its great - all the best programms start on BBC 3 - little briton, the smoking room and nighty night but to mention a few - I think BBC 1 could leatrn a bit from 3 - there is more to life than eastenders......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chaz81 wrote:
    I love 3 its great - all the best programms start on BBC 3 - little briton, the smoking room and nighty night but to mention a few - I think BBC 1 could leatrn a bit from 3 - there is more to life than eastenders......

hahahahahahacough cough hmmmmm.....original :eek:
  • dontpannicdontpannic Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spose i'd better praise them, even though I'm not on the network. They used to be a bit poor, and some people still think they are. i can see that they are improving on a daily basis, and so, theres my praise. I'm still going to hold back for the minute though, nobody else has a video handset that I know of, plus i've just recieved a new phone on o2 for xmas, so am not going to ditch that for a while yet ;)

OK I'm done... praise over
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First problems:

Broken links on portal. Missing images (despite page reload) in services.

Tried to register in email section only to be told 3 times "data server not available".