The Flash - US Pace - Spoilers tagged

Comments

• ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    i some what get the feeling dr wells is barry allen but from the future, the reverse flash (dr wells/future allen) killed barrys mom or tried to save her, someone else killed barrys mother but future allen tried to save her by trying to reverse what ever the other person killed her with.

anyways i love this show
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'am sticking with my original theory, that Wells' is a guy syphoning speed force. He wants to recreate Barry's experiment or transfer his power to himself.

Also, there is an active Reverse Flash lost in time or sitting in the background.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I'am sticking with my original theory, that Wells' is a guy syphoning speed force. He wants to recreate Barry's experiment or transfer his power to himself.

Also, there is an active Reverse Flash lost in time or sitting in the background.

Is this information available in DC comics or is the TV show all new material?

I can't express how much I'm loving the show. It's one of the first ever sci-fi shows I've seen that is brimming with charm and fun while STILL being distinctly sci-fi.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Well Grood sure seems to have grown, and truth be told, I had completely forgotten about him. His being though further complicates Wells/Reverse Flash - Wells seemingly created Grood, right? What purpose would a evil time traveler from the future have in creating an intelligent Gorilla?

As for the rest of the episode, not too bad. Cisco could have taken a few more precautions with that arrogant dude, though I guess his heart was in the right place. He swings a mean punch for a geek though. Kudos to him there. I am also curious about the other half of Firestorm, the professor? What was the professor doing that enabled said merge? It's not like he knew it was going to happen, so why was here there, and what was he doing that enabled it to happen?

Caitlin has also seemingly fallen for Barry, but his interests seemingly now lye elsewhere. That's going to be an interesting dynamic, and I wonder whether this emotional trauma might lead her into Killer Frost?
  • hybridtheoryhybridtheory Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

Anyone know when The Flash returns to Sky One? I see Arrow returns next week so I'm hoping the wait isnt too much longer.

Baz
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

Anyone know when The Flash returns to Sky One? I see Arrow returns next week so I'm hoping the wait isnt too much longer.

Baz

10th Feb.
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    Oh My Oh My Oh My Fricken God
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    New episode is pretty good.

Caitlin is hawt !!!!!!!!!!!
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the new episode. Nice to see Caitlin out and about and a little less "headteacher" like.
    Grodd returning is always good. Haven't heard much since the flashback tease.
    Enjoyed the relationship with Barry and his dad. Pretty obvious he now knows who the Flash is. Surprised more don't know though with that jaw and head shape. It's pretty unique and can't imagine many 20 somethings going out and about with that. If you knew Barry you'd bound to be looking at that going...looks like Barry from the nose down.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    There was so much love and bonding between Barry and hid dad that I think the dad is going to die soon.
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    I find it strange that no one in the series has an issue with the illegal prison at S.T.A.R. Labs :confused:
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avidian wrote: »
    I find it strange that no one in the series has an issue with the illegal prison at S.T.A.R. Labs :confused:

I imagine the only people who know are the ones who are in on the metahuman thing, and they don't care because they know it's necessary.
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member

On top of that, they are tiny solitary units. Seems like a pretty brutal existence for them.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2FS wrote: »
    On top of that, they are tiny solitary units. Seems like a pretty brutal existence for them.

And they have no toilet!
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    And they have no toilet!

Or sink or access to water of any kind. Not even a bed.:o
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cracking good episode this week, some great scenes with Barry, his dad and Joe, great mini-villain arc with Peek-a-Boo, quality amusement with Barry and Caitlin at the bar, good story development with Cisco and the Pied Piper/Hartley moving on what happened to Ronnie and tieing it in with the comic origins of Firestorm and hope they do have him as a hero not a villain.
    Not much Iris this week but I liked how they introduced Linda Park and it will be interesting so see where they're going to go with her and Barry.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or sink or access to water of any kind. Not even a bed.:o

I guess poor Cisco has to take each of them a bucket each day along with a drink and some food...
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think anyone would give a rat's behind about their "metahuman rights" tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny I thought of this this week too. Think it was seeing hartley in his outfit still it clicked, he hasn't changed since being in there. Then at the end I thought if they give her food, she'll escape the minute she sees out any gap in the door opening to drop in food. THen I thought, they've no loo to deposit said food...
    I think they may have an issue in a bit with regards to mass murder/starvation. Some major renovations need doing to the remaining pods.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I also wish somebody in the show would say something about the prison.

Another good episode. Glad to see the villains giving Barry a hard time - that's one of the worries I had when the show started.

Happy to see Malese Jow show up. She's cute :blush:
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    re: the prison - thinking about zoo and how some of the cages have a little sub-room type place where the keepers intice the animal to go, which can then be enclosed so the keeper can go into the main cage and do stuff. Maybe the prison cells have something like that.

And kind of a btw, the trouble with Flash and Superman and other DC characters is they've been given such extremely powerful powers that it is almost impossible to watch them without thinking "so he's taking the evening off to watch a film instead of speeding to the next state or another country and continuing his saving ways"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe it ended like that....
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Epically good episode this week. So many different dynamics on the go and, in spite of having a split personality metahuman with nuclear capabilities at the heart of it, it never went into "beyond the realms of possibility" fiction. Loved all the scenes with Firestorm, glad they are using his "hero" persona and not making him into a villain.
    Loved Robbie Amell's portrayal of the split personalities, how he channelled the amazing Victor Garber when Dr Stein was in control, but then was able to show when Ronnie was fighting to contact Caitlin. Heartbreaking scenes with her and Ronnie at the end and some superb direction/cinematography to bring out those lingering last glances.

Then, in complete contrast and a brilliant way to freshen up the narrative, we have awkwardly adorable Barry on his dates with Linda. I'm not keen on how they're portraying this Linda. Not so keen on her quite aggressive personality, I don't remember her being like that in the comics and I suspect it is deliberate to contrast with Iris. Nice to see a jealous Iris given where her relationship with Barry will hopefully end up.

Great work with Joe and Cisco, loved how Cisco was troubled about the possible involvement of Dr Wells but not enough to go beyond his scientific need to know and I was interested to see that Reverse-Flash isn't going to be Harrison (cos we all knew future Barry was going to be the red streak) and that's making me look at Eddie Thawne again as a potential Eobard from the future (if he ends up feeling Barry/The Flash is responsible for breaking up him and Iris at some point in the future).

Also, feeling utterly thick at having only just realised that General Wade Eiling is The Kurgan! Clancy Brown is such an amazingly good "bad guy", can't believe I've only just twigged it was him. I kept thinking his face was familiar and then when I saw an interview with Greg Berlanti where he was talking about Eiling and he said something about how good it was to get Clancy and the penny dropped!

Looking forward to next week's episode and seeing just where they're going to go with Firestorm.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm not sure I like the introduction of time travel since this is also set in the Arrow universe. I know the time travel won't be possible in this universe until the date in Well's future paper but when it is what's to stop them going back to the beginning and ending Merlyn's Undertaking before it begins, thus saving Tommy and Sarah (and possibly Moira) from death
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm liking Flash more than Arrow. It is brighter and more fun, Arrow seems to morbid at the moment. I don't mind it being dark, but wallowing isn't pretty.