2»

Comments

• Options
    stairwaystairway Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Pearce is a calamity.
    Saw an interview with him last week where he thanked the fans for sticking with him - not from what I've heard they're not.
    Surely made even worse by the great job McLaren is doing at Derby as well.
    I always liked Billy Davies, arsey as **** but seemed a good manager.

He inherited the team that Nigel Clough made.
  • Options
    DaznvernDaznvern Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    After today's shocking performance against a very poor millwall side he really as to go tonight.
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who should replace Pearce?
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well he hasn't been sacked yet. If he is sacked, then it will probably be Warnock or Steve Bruce if Hull have sacked him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    Well he hasn't been sacked yet. If he is sacked, then it will probably be Warnock or Steve Bruce if Hull have sacked him

Or maybe Roy Keane. My dad Roy was good at Sunderland. I think either Roy Keane or Neil Warnock.
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart Pearce is a rotten manager. It's amazing how far pulling stupid faces after scoring a penalty for England can get you. He's very much like an English version of Alex McLeish. He does well initially with man management and getting much more out of another manager's squad of players, but as for being tactically astute and buying his own players, well.....
  • Options
    Forum Member

Tim Sherwood, Brian MCDermott , etc
  • Options
    SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pearce sacked.

Link.
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,335,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always be a legend to us Forest fans but simply not up to the task. Club website states that Fawaz has offered him alternative employment at the club which is a reasonable compromise. Season's a write off 13 points off the play offs and 7 above the relegation zone. First target must be to ensure safety of course then go from there. Can't think of an obvious target but I hope they give the job on a merit basis, to an up and coming young hungry manager perhaps, someone in the Sean Dyche mould.
  • Options
    Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    Stuart Pearce is a rotten manager. It's amazing how far pulling stupid faces after scoring a penalty for England can get you. He's very much like an English version of Alex McLeish. He does well initially with man management and getting much more out of another manager's squad of players, but as for being tactically astute and buying his own players, well.....

Alex McLeish got Birmingham promoted, then 9th and won a major trophy. He achieved something at least.

Pearce is a repeat failure loved because of his reputation as a player. Hideous manager.
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,335,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dougie Freedman announced as replacement:

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/new-manager-announced-2241612.aspx

Doesn't exactly get the juices flowing, but open minded and will hopefully have full backing from the fans
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/new-manager-announced-2241612.aspx

Doesn't exactly get the juices flowing, but open minded and will hopefully have full backing from the fans

I'll always have time for Dougie despite the way he left Palace, but this is an odd one when you consider his struggles at Bolton. I thought he would rebuild his managerial career at a lower league club so he's done well to bag the Forest role. Best of luck to him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for Pearce
  • Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It does seem a little odd but it might prove to be a good choice in the end. His time at Bolton was tricky because the position the club was in with the money. If you look at them now little has changed.

I think he may do well but you have a lot of players that need to pull their socks up. The squad is pretty good they really should be doing better.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bluescope wrote: »
    It does seem a little odd but it might prove to be a good choice in the end. His time at Bolton was tricky because the position the club was in with the money. If you look at them now little has changed

Well Bolton were 23rd and 4 points adrift of safety with 1 win all season when Dougie was sacked. There's been a massive improvement under Lennon despite finances so that's no excuse. If Forest fans want attacking football then I'm not sure Freedman's the man. His tactics at Bolton were very negative. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Or maybe Roy Keane. My dad Roy was good at Sunderland. I think either Roy Keane or Neil Warnock.
    Keane is your dad? A bit biased of you to tout him for jobs.
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was no coincidence Pearce had a good start and his solitary win of late was against Derby. He can rattle a sabre and send a team into battle but ultimately he had the tactical nous of an ostrich. Passion, good will and a proud playing career doesn't necessary equate success in the manager's seat, sadly. When will chairmen learn?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Keane is your dad? A bit biased of you to tout him for jobs.

I mean my dad says Roy Keane
  • Options
    Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like our CEO has gone as well. So underwhelmed by Freedman taking over - is that really how far we've sunk?

A shambles our club has become. I'm grateful that Fawaz has ploughed his money into us, but he really doesn't do stability does he...
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,144
    Forum Member
    Freedman is a joke appointment. Be afraid Forest fans.
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Should never have got rid of the legend that is Sean O'Driscoll.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    freedman has a decent 3 games to get up and running

Brighton away Saturday 7th
    Wigan home Wednesday 11th
    And
    Blackpool away sat 14th

But 3 disasters and relegation battle commences.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good start for Dougie today. He'll take extra pleasure in beating Brighton, too, with his strong Palace connections.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Assombalonga now out for 12 MONTH'S.

Time for The team to all stick together and get the results we need.

bLackpool away today should be 3/3 for Freedman.