Private Practice (Major Spoiler for Season 6)

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Mainly for those who follow it at US pace thanks to bloody Sky !

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a384390/private-practice-star-tim-daly-not-returning-for-sixth-season.html

No more Pete .. can't say I'm that upset really, his character was getting a bit irritating and didn't really have anywhere to go. I assume they'll write him out as being found guilty of the mercy killing and sentenced to life.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked him at the beginning but hated the Pete/Violet storylines so that made me dislike him.

At this stage, the only characters I find interesting are Amelia, Sheldon & Charlotte(and Cooper I guess). I'd be fine with the presumably shortened last season focusing on them, but no doubt it will be more Jake/Addison/Sam :yawn:
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Can't say I'm sad about this either, Pete really is awful I hate the way he treats Violet, that's one of my biggest problems with Private Practice, how badly the men treat the women. There's only two decent ones, Sheldon and Jake. Cooper if just as bad at times, he's a man child who treats Charlotte like shit when he doesn't get his way, I don't believe Charlotte would stay with someone like him. Sam isn't as bad, but he treats Addison unfairly saying he doesn't want children but won't let go of her.

I hope they make other cuts to the cast, I could see Sam going as well after Addison, hopefully, rejects his proposal.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they make other cuts to the cast, I could see Sam going as well after Addison, hopefully, rejects his proposal.

I'd be ok with that as well actually. Sam hasn't had any major storylines aside from Addison for a while so I certainly think he wouldn't be missed.

They could even have him go off to get back together with Naomi again I suppose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even bigger spoiler .. Kate Walsh confirms that Season 6 is her last

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a386901/kate-walsh-confirms-private-practice-exit-after-sixth-season.html

Comes after Shonda apparently suggests that the show may carry on after Season 6 after all

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a386843/private-practice-to-continue-beyond-sixth-season.html

I'm torn really - Addison is the whole point of the show I guess, since she moved out there in the first place, but then the stuff with Amelia and then Cooper & Charlotte has been so good, it kind of shows that it could go on without her.
  • burnoutbabeburnoutbabe Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    just seen the end of season 5, and so if Addison leaves, i'd be fine, she appears to have her happy ending - with either Sam or Jake and now has her kid.

I thought season 6 will just be a 13 ep one?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought season 6 will just be a 13 ep one?

It will be - Walsh's contract is apparently only for 13 episodes. I guess like most things, it'll depend on the ratings.

But I'd certainly have no problem of Cooper and Charlotte moved to Seattle and Charlotte took over from Hunt.

I suppose it could work - the rumour is that there will be more deaths after the plane crash, so if they kill off Arizona, Cooper could take over from her.
    Forum Member
    It will be - Walsh's contract is apparently only for 13 episodes. I guess like most things, it'll depend on the ratings.

But I'd certainly have no problem of Cooper and Charlotte moved to Seattle and Charlotte took over from Hunt.

I suppose it could work - the rumour is that there will be more deaths after the plane crash, so if they kill off Arizona, Cooper could take over from her.

I'm not sure I like idea of Cooper in Grey's Anatomy, he's annoying at the best of times, and infuriating at the worse, but I love the idea of Charlotte moving and I understand they come as a pair. The thing is Grey's is one of the few shows where I like all the characters, and even April, who is annoying, isn't that bad, and Cooper would change that as would Sam.

I do think that it's likely some characters will move over if PP ends after season 6 (again likely,) the most likely one will probably be Amelia she has the connection, and then I suppose they could use the Amelia connection to bring in other characters.

It's a shame about the Kate Walsh news, not because I care for PP, but it means the likelihood of her returning to GA is very low. Hope she at least does a guest appearance in the final season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the boss of ABC says that even though Kate Walsh is leaving, Season 6 won't apparently be the end of it.
    As for Rhimes's other medical drama Private Practice, Lee said that the show's sixth season will not be its last despite the departure of major cast member Kate Walsh.

"We think the show has got a lot of energy, and we'd like to see that continue," Lee added.

Seems a bit daft to continue a show without the central character and who the whole show is essentially built around. While there are still probably plenty of stories left with the supporting cast, it just doesn't fill me with a lot of enthusiasm for it after Walsh leaves.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s46/greys-anatomy/news/a395845/abc-boss-on-greys-anatomy-i-think-youve-seen-the-major-exits.html
    Forum Member
    well i'll still happily watch it without Kate, its a good show with lots of Adult themes/moral dilemmas, and not many adultish shows around (without being say a crime drama).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to follow this up, having just watched episode 1 of Season 6 .. Pete's fate is ..
    He goes out for a run and is found dead in a ditch by the side of the road, having had a heart attack. Doesn't even appear in the episode at all. Certainly sounds like he didn't go on the best of terms with an exit like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stupid private practice giving away what happens to mark sloan in episode 2 when I was trying to avoid watching greys until it starts up again in the UK :)
    Forum Member
    stupid private practice giving away what happens to mark sloan in episode 2 when I was trying to avoid watching greys until it starts up again in the UK :)

It would have been wrong if they didn't mention it though, haven't watched the second episode yet but was wondering if they were going to acknowledge or not.

Not sure if things from episode 1 need to be spoilered or not as it's already aired, but will anyway.
    I liked the first episode, and so happy with who Addison chose. Cooper was worse than ever, and what's even worse I can find one review or comment mentioning it, the way he told Violet that Charlotte was pregnant completely ignoring Charlotte's feelings on the matter, he's like a child and poor Charlotte's going to have to raise 3 kids she didn't want pretty much single handedly as I doubt Cooper will be very helpful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it was inevitable they were going to mention the crash at some point. It didn't really click I suppose.

Cooper's attitude towards Charlotte's pregnancy is more evident in Ep2, but I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thought this was relevant to this thread ..

Audra McDonald back for the final episode

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Private-Practice-Audra-McDonald-Returning-1056905.aspx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone still watching ?

This season is one of those where they obviously know it's coming to an end so they're just doing "different" styles of episode because they're obviously not concerned about ratings. Thing is, it's actually made the last few really very good :)

This week's one, with the dance sequences, was great. The dancing was weird to start with, but it kind of worked in the end!
    Forum Member
    I;m still watching, up to ep 10 now, so just 3 more to go.

Am enjoying the new style, its a bit confusing with the time leaps but I like how each person gets their own episodes. Sheldon's one was very nicely done. And glad they resolved the missing child one.

So not sure we have much more to resolve? Sheldon needs an all clear and Amelia needs to be dating that doctor. Maybe just violet to have a "happy ending" but all i can think there is she smiles at some man, ie "hope for the future" rather than she is actually dating someone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So not sure we have much more to resolve?

Probably not. I think with Audra McDonald coming back for the last episode, it's almost certain that Addison is going to get married at least.

But then they've known all along that this season was only 13 episodes, so in one way, we'll get something approaching a resolution, or 'wrap up', of sorts, but it wasn't until fairly late in the day that they actually decided to make this the final season so I guess there's a tiny chance we might possibly get some kind of cliffhanger if they felt they had a chance of carrying on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amelia-centric episode this week and another really nice, well made episode overall. I'm cursing how good this season has been so far !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I've loved this season, the only exception is the Jake episode. I personally found it quite dull, but I don't like him as a character.

I loved the Charlotte and Coop episodes, Charlotte is my favourite character anyway. I do hope the babies and Charlotte are ok!

I really felt sorry for Violet in the last episode. I hope she finds some happiness before the end of the season. I'm glad Amelia has found some happiness too, she's a wonderful character and I'm so pleased they've made things go well for her since last season. Her giving birth to her baby was one of the most heartbreaking things I've watched, so I really like that they've done a nicer storyline for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would hope they'll give Violet a happy ending after what she's been through. I do wonder if they'll try and move any of them to Greys though ?

While I actually quite like Hunt as the Chief, you could feasibly have him go back to Trauma and have Charlotte move in as the new Chief with Cooper in Paediatrics to replace Arizona.

Just seen the preview write-ups for the final two episodes. No major spoilers, more "TV Guide"-type previews.

Episode 12:
    Addison attends Henry's court date and realizes that the judge still has some concerns about Jake's past, Sheldon introduces Miranda to his friends, and Cooper's efforts to secure a dream house are put on hold when Charlotte goes into labor.

Episode 13:
    ABC's hit drama "Private Practice" will end its run with a special farewell to the beloved doctors of Seaside Health and Wellness. Naomi returns to stand by Addison's side on her wedding day, Cooper struggles with the hardships of being a stay-at-home father, and Violet begins a new project close to her heart.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the last one .. *sniff* .. :)

Loved the final scene, even though you just knew what the title was .. perfect ending for me. Sad it's finished.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I kind of wished for a little bit of drama to change the mood of the final episode, and the whole book title bit was a bit cringe worthy but I guess they just wanted to leave it on a happy note.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it was "breaking the 4th wall" as well, if you consider how they all said it was a terrible title :)

I really can't see why they can't incorporate at least some of the cast into Greys. I think there could be plenty of potential for some Amelia/Derek stories (providing Patrick Dempsey stays) at the very least.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    last ep was quite good

best bit - Charlotte and Cooper being a happy family
    worst bit - Sam and Niaomi, far too out of the blue

And I agree that some of them could go to Greys. In fact I can imagine
    Addison popping in for Merediths pregnancy
    Forum Member
    I liked it. and was happy that addisons wedding was over and done with in first 5 mins, so more focus on a story. Shall miss them all! liked the complex moral issues each show.

giving Sam and Naomi a happy ending was nice, okay maybe a bit quick but at least it was nice and neat and happier than him ending up with that other woman. Shame we didn't see their older child (and grandkid) at all.