hadn't put the producer in
the mood for one, so Moffat
sloped off again.

"

Comments

• Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her brother Terry is a lot more relaxed about his given name according to the website Rock Git.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a funny name though.
    Re-posting Popbitch mailouts? What is this 2007?
    Yawn.
    I don't read tabloid newspapers for a reason.
  • Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    It is a funny name though.
    Re-posting Popbitch mailouts? What is this 2007?
    Yawn.
    I don't read tabloid newspapers for a reason.

But you read this thread though.

And less of the slightly personal sniping replies, please.
  • PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How lovely, thanks for sharing this heart warming tale from Popbitch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I read the post because I had no idea what it would say. There was nothing 'personal' in what I said. I have my opinion on salacious tabloid gossip which is exactly what this is. And it has no place in this forum.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrishaPB wrote: »
    " >> Dr Who's There? <<
    No hard feelings

Nice to see Maisie Williams
    has been telling everyone how
    much she enjoyed her time on
    Dr Who. From what we hear, it
    sounds as though she made some
    really good friends there

They've implied, she, well, got on famously with someone senior there before, if I'm recalling it correctly. Of course I don't really care to remember it. Foul gossip & slander no doubt, as Chopper Read used to say.
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member

Where's the personal sniping reply exactly? I see yours...
  • brouhahabrouhaha Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read the post because I had no idea what it would say. There was nothing 'personal' in what I said. I have my opinion on salacious tabloid gossip which is exactly what this is. And it has no place in this forum.

Neither do supercilious comments like your first post.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Foul gossip & slander no doubt, as Chopper Read used to say.

You have to think about the motivation of the people saying these things.

How you holding for cash?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brouhaha wrote: »
    Neither do supercilious comments like your first post.

But I am superior to anyone who reads, believes and enjoys that sort of tabloid gossip and salacious nonsense. I'm quite confident of that thanks.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr and Mrs Fried should be ashamed of themselves picking that name.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Mr and Mrs Fried should be ashamed of themselves picking that name.

You should have a word with the parents of Mo Lester and Mike Litoris.*

*probably not genuine
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    You should have a word with the parents of Mo Lester and Mike Litoris.*

*probably not genuine

:D
    One of my workmates swears that he went to school with a lad called Pierce... the offspring of Mr and Mrs Mycock.
    True story (allegedly).
    Forum Member
    I read the post because I had no idea what it would say.
    A thread entitled, "From Popbitch".
    Where's the personal sniping reply exactly? I see yours...

"Re-posting Popbitch mailouts? What is this 2007? Yawn."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A thread entitled, "From Popbitch".

"Re-posting Popbitch mailouts? What is this 2007? Yawn."

Popbitch reports all kinds of gossip including in the past rumours about the actual show. Therefore without clicking to read the actual contents of the thread it was impossible to tell. As it is the thread is little more than nasty and malicious gossip that casts aspersions on an 18 year old girl who I happen to think is a damn fine actor and two of my favourite writers. So I'm not keen I'm afraid.

As a side point IB. I know exactly what you're doing. I've been banned twice in a fortnight and you're no doubt trying to bait me into saying something that will get me banned permanently. It's why you are yet again following me around trying to get a response from me when you haven't even bothered to comment on the actual thread topic. In light of this you won't be getting a response from me as im not risking the ban just to have a petty argument with you again. If you want to take this little battle of wits to private message then I'll happily engage otherwise... Cheerio!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ProfMarius wrote: »
    :D
    One of my workmates swears that he went to school with a lad called Pierce... the offspring of Mr and Mrs Mycock.
    True story (allegedly).

Charity Beaver is a good one and is actually true!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a side point IB. I know exactly what you're doing. I've been banned twice in a fortnight and you're no doubt trying to bait me into saying something that will get me banned permanently. It's why you are yet again following me around trying to get a response from me when you haven't even bothered to comment on the actual thread topic. In light of this you won't be getting a response from me as im not risking the ban just to have a petty argument with you again. If you want to take this little battle of wits to private message then I'll happily engage otherwise... Cheerio!

Aha, that's why they call him Isambard 'Klingon' Brunel :D

(it's a joke folks, not an attack ;-))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just searched for Petra Fried on IMDB, and the result beneath is someone called Petra Fritzenwanker.

I don't think Petra is a very lucky name in the entertainment business..
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,476
    Forum Member
    Grisonaut wrote: »
    I just searched for Petra Fried on IMDB, and the result beneath is someone called Petra Fritzenwanker.

I don't think Petra is a very lucky name in the entertainment business.

Yeah. :( I remember Blue Peter.

;-)
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You think Popbitch and Rockgit are bad, definately avoid Jazzjerk. It's absolutely shocking!

(I have no real idea what the former is, tbh. Suspect I'm not missing out...guessing shallow, vacuous and "incredibly dull, boring and tedious" to quote the one with the long scarf.)
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    I actually didn't realise that Popbitch was still around, or to put it another way how is it still around and not been sued to oblivion yet?
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrishaPB wrote: »

Possibly less enamoured of the
    Dr Who team is TV producer
    Petra Fried. She found herself
    sat next to Steven Moffat and
    Mark Gatiss at a BBC Worldwide
    dinner – whereupon the pair of
    them spent most of the evening
    making fun of her (admittedly
    unusual) name.

But that didn't stop Moffat
    from knocking on her door
    later that night to suggest a
    nightcap. Weirdly enough those
    hours of being sniggered at
    hadn't put the producer in
    the mood for one, so Moffat
    sloped off again.

"

Did Moffat slope off after being slapped round the face? That's what annoyed women do, don't they? In Moffworld?

I've never heard of Popbitch before. I'm still not sure what it is. (Please don't tell me, I'm not that bothered).

@ Mr I K Brunel - not a nice trick imo.
    Forum Member
    Popbitch reports all kinds of gossip including in the past rumours about the actual show. Therefore without clicking to read the actual contents of the thread it was impossible to tell.

Come now, don't be so naive. This is a Doctor Who forum and your reply was "Re-posting Popbitch mailouts? What is this 2007? Yawn." - That's nothing Doctor Who specific. The fact this was posted to a forum about Doctor Who would have told an intelligent person (one superior to anyone who reads, believes and enjoys the sort of tabloid gossip and salacious nonsense that Bopbitch provides) that it must be relevant to Doctor Who. Do you see?

You were just being slightly personal in your sniping against someone who "re-posted
    a Popbitch mailout". Careful you don't end up like Caroline Skinner...
    As it is the thread is little more than nasty and malicious gossip that casts aspersions on an 18 year old girl who I happen to think is a damn fine actor

The thread is about a 50 year old woman, which proves you're so keen to fire personal, insulting remarks on these forums that you don't even read the opening posts properly. You have an itchy salad finger. Sorry, trigger finger. Maybe you cause collateral damage, like an American fighter jet bombing a hospital?
    I've been banned twice in a fortnight

Then maybe you need to reflect on your behaviour as a human being more than you have during those bans? What you appear to be saying is, that after two bans, you have simply returned unable to desist your sniping. As I said in my first post to this thread, your snideness and superciliousness was 'slight', but as you move on from your last ban, you'll soon be back to the kind of comments that have brought you back to square one before.

I don't read Popbitch, so this thread was very welcome by me. I learned something from it and am grateful to TrishaPB for sharing it. The same goes for threads that inform me what was in Private Eye. Unless you know there will be a full series in 2016 and Caroline Skinner is still an executive producer with equal input to Moffat.
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    To be fair, the gossip also involves Maisie Williams and alludes to her relationship with someone high up - it's all up there.

I also don't see how saying posting stuff from Popbitch, a source so filthy even the gutterpress wouldn't go there, is questionable or dull is actually a personal attack of any kind. Popbitch was all the rage in the early noughties but is a bit out of date. It's not really a personal attack of any kind unless you choose to see it as such, when you've got it in for the person posting it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come now, don't be so naive. This is a Doctor Who forum and your reply was "Re-posting Popbitch mailouts? What is this 2007? Yawn." - That's nothing Doctor Who specific. The fact this was posted to a forum about Doctor Who would have told an intelligent person (one superior to anyone who reads, believes and enjoys the sort of tabloid gossip and salacious nonsense that Bopbitch provides) that it must be relevant to Doctor Who. Do you see?

You were just being slightly personal in your sniping against someone who "re-posted
    a Popbitch mailout". Careful you don't end up like Caroline Skinner...

The thread is about a 50 year old woman, which proves you're so keen to fire personal, insulting remarks on these forums that you don't even read the opening posts properly. You have an itchy salad finger. Sorry, trigger finger. Maybe you cause collateral damage, like an American fighter jet bombing a hospital?

Then maybe you need to reflect on your behaviour as a human being more than you have during those bans? What you appear to be saying is, that after two bans, you have simply returned unable to desist your sniping. As I said in my first post to this thread, your snideness and superciliousness was 'slight', but as you move on from your last ban, you'll soon be back to the kind of comments that have brought you back to square one before.

I don't read Popbitch, so this thread was very welcome by me. I learned something from it and am grateful to TrishaPB for sharing it. The same goes for threads that inform me what was in Private Eye. Unless you know there will be a full series in 2016 and Caroline Skinner is still an executive producer with equal input to Moffat.

my goodness you can't leave it can you? It's so obvious you are the one who has a personal vendetta against me that even other people have picked up on it. I asked you relatively politely to lay off. I don't care for what you have to say. You dont care for what I have to say. Just ignore me and I'll ignore you. If you keep on doing this then I'll report you. As I've said before I wouldn't usually dream of doing that but if you keep on going I will. You've been asked nicely.

Alternatively I would happily take this argument off Digital Spy and onto another platform. But I'm done with you on here. Simple as that.
This discussion has been closed.