Well Done Brendan

13»

Comments

• StuntyStunty Posts: 45,698
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    I took it that Brucie thought (just as I initially did) that Jo would be dancing every night of his tour (rather than just on one occasion as Brendan then explained).

Bruce said something like 'the tour'?? and Brendan countered with 'no, my tour'. :confused:
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »
    Bruce said something like 'the tour'?? and Brendan countered with 'no, my tour'. :confused:
    The tour - as in the whole tour. That's what I initially thought (especially as there was some correction to state that Jo was only dancing on one night).
  • mashedpotatoesmashedpotatoes Posts: 4,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the most that I have ever warmed to Brendan. He was totally charming to Jo who was on a par with Fiona for her dancing but obviously Jo's spirit and tirelessness charmed Brendan, as it did me. I thought she was lovely and natural and I really hope she goes on to have happiness in her life
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    Camino wrote: »
    he really has (apart from his little tantrum last week) will he be back for the next series i wonder :confused:

I think he may bigger fish to fry now. I can't really see what yet another series will do for him, he has a very good career and a huge following. He remains one of the very best points of the whole series and one of the few things that keep it above the tacky level it's threatening to dumb down to. A thorough professional and genuinely great guy, he's been charm itself to Jo.
  • puddytatpuddytat Posts: 6,351
    Forum Member
    Hope to see Brendan dancing with the professionals through the rest of the series, I'll miss him and Jo, though, he was so sweet with her, what a gent!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    As the OP, I'm really pleased with how this thread has taken off! I'm so pleased there are lots of people that feel the same way about that dance off and their partnership as i did.

There is a lot of talk about Brendan not returning to next series, i just wanted to add i truly feel strictly would miss him whether your a fan of him or not he is a truly spectacular dancer and i for one really would feel his void on the show and really hope it wasn't his last!
    I would of thought he would of announced it as to say a little goodbye as Camilla did as he's been it it so long i couldnt just see him sloping away..... That's my hope anyway!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I'm gutted as I'm off to Strictly on the 31st and really wanted to see him dance as he's my fave pro. Will he be in the pro dance? I hope so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,516
    Forum Member
    What a lovely thread :)

I'll add my congrats to Brendan who has been fantastic with Jo. She may not be great, but has always tried her hardest :)

Am looking forward to seeing Brendan on his tour :D
  • musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    PosterGirl wrote: »
    Brendan haters please refrain from posting, there are plenty of Brendan bashing threads for you. This is a positive thread!

I just wanted to sat Well done to Brendan for that Dance off. He really made sure Jo had the time of her life and went out with a bang and there was so much enthusiasm from him and it made it really enjoyable. It wa

s far from perfect but it was certainly one of the most enjoyable dance off farewells ever for that reason!

Bravo Brendan... I for one will miss u till next year ;-)

Lovely thread thanks for everything jo and brendan...

have to say one of the nicest partnerships ive ever seen on strictly!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    I have always loved Brendon as I think he is great. He is passionate about dancing. When the Judges criticises his partner for not doing a good job. He stands up for his partner. As it isnt easy for 'Celebs' from being a novice to a brilliant dance over night. I would love the Judges go and play cricket for England within a few weeks training or a rugby player or act on the Bill/Hollyoaks/Eastenders etc

I love it when Brendon throws his toys out of his pram.

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    HIya
    I really hope brendan comes back next year his cheorgraphy and how he designs the dances to suit each of his partner is something special!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brendon was never a fav of mine, but it was nice to see a side to him which was all about his partner. I think he has done himself alot of favours, maybe being engaged and accepting that he can have fun even with a not so good partner as JO. He gave her a memory she will have all her life. So kudos to Brendon for that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never had any time for Brendan BUT - and it is a big but - I think that he looked after Jo and was a TOTAL gent this series. And I am very surprised to see what I have just typed.

Give the bloke credit, he was a very considerate and kind partner. The thing is, I reckon he realised she was not very good but bless her she put her heart and soul into it and you can't ask much more can you?
  • FarmLoonFarmLoon Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    musicangel wrote: »
    Lovely thread thanks for everything jo and brendan...

have to say one of the nicest partnerships ive ever seen on strictly!

I quite agree. They were both utterly lovely. She revelled in the participation although well aware of her limitations, and Brendan though likewise aware of them, nurtured her and protected her wonderfully. I don't know when I've seen a partnership that I've admired as much, that didn't include a potential winner .
  • Philly1234Philly1234 Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soneil wrote: »
    It's just a shame the judges - save Alesha - couldn't follow through and be a bit more respectful to Jo in their final dance-off vote. Obviously she wasn't going to go through but there was no reason to be as curt as Craig was or for Bruno to say, "That's easy!"

Those two are so tactless they should replace them next year.

THIS! big time. I called Bruno some names after he said what he said. Good grief, man, show a little heart. Jo's last dance was fabulous, couldn't you just shut it for one second?
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    i liked the bit in the dance off where he just picked her up and spun her round
  • MarySMaryS Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mum2em1 wrote: »
    I'm gutted as I'm off to Strictly on the 31st and really wanted to see him dance as he's my fave pro. Will he be in the pro dance? I hope so.

Aww,hope he is in the pro dance & you get to see him.Are you able to see Brendan on his tour?

So hope Brendan does do the next Strictly,it just wouldn't be the same without him.
  • quislingquisling Posts: 2,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy to agree with all the sentiments expressed on this thread.
    I've always admired and respected Brendan as a dancer and a competitor, but this is the first year I've really warmed to him as a person.

Jo was so full of fun and enthusiasm, I liked her from the start but it was clear early on that she was going to struggle.
    I thought Brendan might give her a hard time, but I couldn't have been more wrong.

Perhaps once it he realised they weren't going to win, he took his own advice, relaxed and decided to just enjoy the experience - and to give Jo the time of her life too.

I know it was the right decision was to keep Jade and Ian in, but Strictly lost two of it's brightest, sparkliest stars this weekend and I'll miss them.
  • magstangomagstango Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all been said.... Brendon has been a real star this year.
  • Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    soneil wrote: »
    It's just a shame the judges - save Alesha - couldn't follow through and be a bit more respectful to Jo in their final dance-off vote. Obviously she wasn't going to go through but there was no reason to be as curt as Craig was or for Bruno to say, "That's easy!"

Those two are so tactless they should replace them next year.

With Craig and Brendan, I feel there has always been some kind of friction but Bruno was so very pro Lisa last year that I don't believe he is influenced by the professional dancer. I do however wish Bruno had gone at the same time as Arlene - for once I totally agreed with Brucie's 'muppet' comment.

Back on topic and I can only echo the sentiments already expressed on here about Jo and Brendan's relationship.
    (Believe me a big turnaround for me!)
    I thought their Samba (and also their VW last week) a very creditable performance considering the level the Judges put them at - I enjoyed watching them. I really think that all Jo needed was a little more time for learning each dance - not the no-hoper she was made out to be.

The two of them were on Breakfast today and their demeanour was exactly the same as on Strictly - very relaxed in each other's company and very considerate of each other.
    Good luck to them both :)
    Forum Member
    Brendans true self has finally been show this year...
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PosterGirl wrote: »
    Brendan haters please refrain from posting, there are plenty of Brendan bashing threads for you. This is a positive thread!

I just wanted to sat Well done to Brendan for that Dance off. He really made sure Jo had the time of her life and went out with a bang and there was so much enthusiasm from him and it made it really enjoyable. It was far from perfect but it was certainly one of the most enjoyable dance off farewells ever for that reason!

Bravo Brendan... I for one will miss u till next year ;-)

Brendan has gained a fan here this year.

He was great with Jo: working within her capabilities but pushing her just enough.

I loved the way he was guiding her through the dance off, with little words of encouragement and making sure her last dance was good.
    Then just lifting her straight through the bit that she found hard the first time!

Well done both of them!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't interested in Jo at the beginning of the show, and by the end of it she was driving me up the wall, but I thought Brendan showed himself to be a true gent this year. A welcome change!