Minder - The 2009 Remake Thread

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    The TV ads didn't look as bad as I expected.....worth trying but I'm not expecting too much...

Shane Ritchie has undeniable charisma but I'm not sure whether he can sustain it or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    don't fancy its opening night chances. ITV are showing Everton V Liverpool cup replay from 8pm.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tvfanclub wrote: »
    T

Shane Ritchie has undeniable charisma

If only he could bring it to the screen.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richie in Radio Times:

"I loathe the internet but when it was first mooted that I was doing it my boy Googled my name and it came up "Minder? Shane Richie....HOW DARE THEY!!!" There was a real backlash".

...and the internet loathes YOU Richie.

He’s asked what Waterman and Cole make of it and he studiously avoids saying what Cole thinks. "Shit", just like the rest of us.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imogen M wrote: »
    It looks like the remake of Minder starring Shane Richie will hit screens before long, so here's a thread for it. There are some very brief clips of the new series included in Channel 5's New Year trailer which can be seen here:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=WggjFckQwhA

I hate being negative without having seen something but I do wish they'd cast someone other than Shane Richie but despite reservations I'm going to at least give the first episode a try when the time comes.

Don't tell me he's going to play the Arthur Daley part?
    They should have scrapped it when the great George Cole finished.
    George Cole and Dennis Waterman were the perfect partnership .
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How old are they both now ?

Cole is 84 in April Waterman is 61 next month
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richie on BBC Breakfast this morning. Much more interestingly so is Alesha Dixon. Talk about sugaring the pill!
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,940
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    Richie on BBC Breakfast this morning. Much more interestingly so is Alesha Dixon. Talk about sugaring the pill!

and if you'd watched shane im sure he said it wasn't a re-make. he said on this morning yesterday it wasn't.

missed bbc breakfast didn't know he was on :mad: how long was he on for?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see it just to see what it's like, but I'll be watching Liverpool v Everton.

I've been watching old Minder's on ITV4 and they're still one of the best things on telly. I can't see how this new series will translate to 2009, but you never know. It will depend a great deal on the writing.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Minder is OK.

It kind of recaptures the spirit of the original without slavishly copying it.
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    It was never going to be that good as it was on C5!
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a fan of the originals well upto Waterman leaving anyway, then I'll watch
    but will be severly displeased if it's as bad as the Knight Rider remake!!!!
    The new Knight Rider is not a remake, and neither is new Minder. Both shows are modern day
    continuations of the original shows, but with new casts. Same could be said for Star Trek TNG.

If the new Minder series was a remake, the characters would still be called Arthur Daley
    and Terry McCann,the original stories would be remade based upon the original scripts,
    and it'd end up being worse than everyone here is making it out to be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Think Episode 5 has finally proved for me that the New Minder is capable of standing alone as a really good comedy drama regardless of ties to the original Minder. Shane Richie & Lex Shrapnel are forging a great partnership & really complement each other with their contrasting personalities. When the storyline & the guest actors are of a high quality as they were in Episode 5 then the whole thing really works. It's time to stop making comparisons with the past & enjoy the new series for itself. It's different characters in a different decade. If Arthur & George make a welcome guest appearance in the future then we'll all enjoy slipping back to the past. Til then....long live Archie & Jamie! :)

"SHANEYLAND REUNITED" SHANE RICHIE Forum - For the latest news, photos & videos of Shane Richie:
    http://www.shaneylandreunitedlh.proboards.com/
  • Wozza20Wozza20 Posts: 2,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Five's website under the corporate section of FAQ's, Minder has not been picked up for a second series as Richard Woolfe has different ideas for original commissioned drama for Five.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wozza20 wrote: »
    According to Five's website under the corporate section of FAQ's, Minder has not been picked up for a second series as Richard Woolfe has different ideas for original commissioned drama for Five.

Or in other words, "because it's shite".
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »
    Or in other words, "because it's shite".

Totally !!! :D
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wozza20 wrote: »
    Minder has not been picked up for a second series as Richard Woolfe has different ideas for original commissioned drama for Five.

As Woolfe knew that the show was cack like we were all saying

Shane Ritchie cannot act!
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    It got better but the first episode was one of worst episodes of any TV show I have ever seen.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not being picked up for a second series??! Now there's a shock! :p

The first episode was possibly one of the worst programmes to be broadcast on TV. Shane Richie was an embarrassment throughout.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another failure for Shane Richie, despite Five attempting one of the biggest and most expensive turd-polishing campaigns ever when it launched,
  • Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    Now Shane's coming back to EatsEnders
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    Now Shane's coming back to EatsEnders

He apparently hasn't had much in the way of TV work since Minder,so it's not surprising.Eastenders is simply the acting equivalent of menial work.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he left EastEnders, it was meant to be a 12-month break, but it turned into four/five years!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nearly shit my pants when I saw this bumped, thinking another series had been commissioned. What a relief to see it’s just news of Richie crawling back to Enders.