Tindle Radio sell their East Anglia stations

2»

Comments

• Peace100Peace100 Posts: 3,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simon243 wrote: »
    And two senior directors out immediately - sounds like the new owners are wasting no time in wielding the axe.

I hope I lose but a tenner says the East Anglia cluster will merge and run as one station out of Ipswich by the summer.

Heck, maybe even by Easter. There's absolutely no way it can be cost effective running tiny stations like North Norfolk Radio as stand-alone operations in their own buildings.

Dream seems the obvious name.

Tindle are clearly no longer interested in radio.

No need to change the names even if they carry the same programming, look at the very good way the south coast station in Hastings, Eastbourne etc (Media Sound?) Listening you wouldnt know. Ive always thought they should be merged especially when they share playlists etc.....
  • Fenb0yFenb0y Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    I've never understood you lot on here.

You bemoan the lack of local radio, hark for the golden days of local radio... yet hanker for the remaining local radio stations in your area to merge. Sorry, but I'm a bit confuddled by it.

Tindle have no interest in running radio stations anymore. Correct. They're not denying that, and are actively demonstrating it. It's no different from Ford deciding to retreat from the 4x4 market or High street retailers moving away from shops to an online platform. Businesses make decisions all of the time.

People on DS will never be satisfied. If Tindle had sold to 'The Breeze' you'd all be complaining. If it had sold to Adventure Radio you'd all be complaining. etc. It's worth remembering you could have had 4 (maybe 5) stations merged into 1 and called The Beeze with little or no local content. You could have had Adventure Radio rock up do what they did with Dream 107.

It's not your fault that you don't know the new management. So google him. Find out what he's done before. He's not in the slightest bit interested in shared programming, networking, etc. The business model is LOCAL, and it's working. Look at the figures, look at the money.

Just watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Fenb0y wrote: »
    I've never understood you lot on here.

You bemoan the lack of local radio, hark for the golden days of local radio... yet hanker for the remaining local radio stations in your area to merge. Sorry, but I'm a bit confuddled by it.

Tindle have no interest in running radio stations anymore. Correct. They're not denying that, and are actively demonstrating it. It's no different from Ford deciding to retreat from the 4x4 market or High street retailers moving away from shops to an online platform. Businesses make decisions all of the time.

People on DS will never be satisfied. If Tindle had sold to 'The Breeze' you'd all be complaining. If it had sold to Adventure Radio you'd all be complaining. etc. It's worth remembering you could have had 4 (maybe 5) stations merged into 1 and called The Beeze with little or no local content. You could have had Adventure Radio rock up do what they did with Dream 107.

It's not your fault that you don't know the new management. So google him. Find out what he's done before. He's not in the slightest bit interested in shared programming, networking, etc. The business model is LOCAL, and it's working. Look at the figures, look at the money.

Just watch.

The above post should be removed - it contains no bitter vile or doom and is out of place here. I mainly hear Town & the listen sounds fun and local and vastly improved on the same station some years back. Good Luck to the new group.
  • Peace100Peace100 Posts: 3,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The above post should be removed - it contains no bitter vile or doom and is out of place here. I mainly hear Town & the listen sounds fun and local and vastly improved on the same station some years back. Good Luck to the new group.

Very much agree, Town has improved an awful lot of the last couple of years, however I would not be suprised if there is some rationalisation within the five stations. Change is not always a bad thing, wouldn't be suprised if more use is made of Gt Blakenham HQ, no reason why programming on Dream and The Beach could not come from there freeing up capital costs of seperate studios. Same thing, no reason why NNR couldnt move in with Norwich. Town and Dream could easily assimilate into one as they both overlap TSA, the station would sound as good and local with effective use of technology. It would then be good if some effort could be put into evening programming which as a generic VT show is the weakest link.....