mrbernay wrote: »
    Oops - I meant is in Portugal, NOT in Spain :o:o

:rolleyes::rolleyes:Numpty.:mad:
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Who's doing Break the Safe?
    That's a new one on me, not heard if it.

Are there no plans for any more of the other Nick Knowles show ? Can't recall the name.
    I read Nick Knowles would be presenting Break the Safe, when it was first announced.

I think his other Lottery show (Secret Fortune) is being "rested".
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    I read Nick Knowles would be presenting Break the Safe, when it was first announced.

I think his other Lottery show (Secret Fortune) is being "rested".

Wasn't the format quite confusing on Secret Fortune? Only ever saw a little bit of it though.

As for Who dares wins, it's one of my favourite gameshows.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to Google "Who Dares Wins" as I couldn't remember what it was from the name at all. I was surprised to see it's been around since 2007!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    Wasn't the format quite confusing on Secret Fortune? Only ever saw a little bit of it though.
    It confused me a bit. :o
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've never really understood that show so yes, it is quite confusing. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hi!

My name is Kylie and on 9th March I appeared on In It To Win It!

I happened to stumble across this forum and to say the least I am shocked at how narrow minded some of you are! Some of your comments are nice and I am grateful for those, but as for the comments regarding the size of my neck and referring to me as someone from Star Trek, I think you should take a step back and think about things.

I have got a thyroid condition called Hashimotoes Disease which means that my thyroid doesn't actually work at all and I have to take tablets to replace the hormone needed called thyroxine. I am aware of the goiter in my neck and unfortunately unless I choose to have this removed, which involves many complications two of which being, destroying your voice box and giving you a calcium deficiency - at this moment in my life I have decided against it, as it doesn't bother me or anyone else that I know!

I may not be the cleverest person in the world, but I did manage to bag myself £16,666! When you are under that amount of pressure, your mind goes blank and you think of anything that might help you find that answer.

My boyfriend is also the nicest person you could ever meet, he has changed my life for the better - you can't judge a book by it's cover, just because he is larger (he's a rugby player) and just because he has one tattoo on his arm which he admits was a mistake when he was 18 years old should not class him as a thug or someone from crimewatch. Until I met Daniel I was going through some really difficult times and he showed me that life was worth it!

Anyway - I just felt I should be able to voice my opinion as you all voiced yours!

I am now off to enjoy my win! :)
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kutox wrote: »
    Yeah, really peeves me off too - "I think it's that"..."I'm pretty sure that's the answer"... Just ****ing spit it out!! I reckon they think it makes them look clever, but it doesn't, just annoying

It's well known thatthere are twenty questions before the klaxon and the contestants are told to pad things out in order to fill up the time slot,same as Dale waffles on about "Are you saying you'd like me to accept (answer) as your answer? Then I have. If it's right it's another five thousand in the prize fund. Is it (answer)"?,whilst you're screaming at the tv "For f****s sake get on with it man"!
    If I ever got on the programme I would just give the answer straight away and refuse to faf around,after all what could they do,stop the filming and tell you to start again?
  • SuddenEliteSuddenElite Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    KylieM3 wrote: »
    Hi!

I happened to stumble across this forum and to say the least I am shocked at how narrow minded some of you are! Some of your comments are nice and I am grateful for those, but as for the comments regarding the size of my neck and referring to me as someone from Star Trek, I think you should take a step back and think about things.

I have got a thyroid condition called Hashimotoes Disease which means that my thyroid doesn't actually work at all and I have to take tablets to replace the hormone needed called thyroxine. I am aware of the goiter in my neck and unfortunately unless I choose to have this removed, which involves many complications two of which being, destroying your voice box and giving you a calcium deficiency - at this moment in my life I have decided against it, as it doesn't bother me or anyone else that I know!

I may not be the cleverest person in the world, but I did manage to bag myself £16,666! When you are under that amount of pressure, your mind goes blank and you think of anything that might help you find that answer.

My boyfriend is also the nicest person you could ever meet, he has changed my life for the better - you can't judge a book by it's cover, just because he is larger (he's a rugby player) and just because he has one tattoo on his arm which he admits was a mistake when he was 18 years old should not class him as a thug or someone from crimewatch. Until I met Daniel I was going through some really difficult times and he showed me that life was worth it!

Anyway - I just felt I should be able to voice my opinion as you all voiced yours!

I didn't see you on the show Kylie, nor have I seen the comments on here about you, but just wanted to say well done for your win - 16,666 reasons to say "up yours" to any narrow minded keyboard idiots I'd say!

Glad you managed to find a decent fella too - we all go through bad times, God knows I have, so I'm really pleased you found someone to help you through the other side.

And as for tattoos... don't get me started on bad decisions... I've got "100% Manchester" tattooed on my upper arm. And I'm in the fitness game which involves wearing vests in...........Leeds.
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi!

Good for you Kylie, and by the way I thought your boyfriend was "well cute" - love chunky guys.

Enjoy your winnings x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi!

I thought you looked very nice. :)
    Forum Member
    Is the term "klaxon" exclusive to IITWI?

Never heard of it anywhere else and a google search doesn't reveal much,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Thank you to SuddenElite, Bluray and Pizzatheaction for your support in what I said and thank you for the congratulations too.

It was just quite hurtful reading some of the comments about my neck, it's clearly something I am conscious of and narrow minded people don't help.

No wonder famous people end up going "around the bend" the general public can be so critical!

PS - Dale is a very nice genuine guy! :)
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's a term for an electric horn (so Google tells me). It's not exclusive to IITWI.
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The first page of google results show plenty of information on Klaxon horns. Where exactly were you looking?

I thought Klaxon was a very common word.
    Forum Member
    How much does the person get paid to sound the klaxon?
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bluray wrote: »
    I thought Klaxon was a very common word.
    It is. Perhaps Mr Teacake should apply to be on In It To Win It. :D

By the way, the original klaxons (as fitted to early cars) were not electric - they were mechanical and had a distinctive sound. Try watching a Laurel and Hardy film ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whyyyyyyyy are they taking a break :(
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure this has been asked many times before but how far before transmission is the show recorded? Clearly it isn't live but I get the feeling it's not just weeks old but many months. And what's the shooting schedule - 6 a day?
  • Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably wrong thread but still!

On who dares wins the question was "countries with red in their flag", they said Finland and it was classed as correct!

Think there is only blue and white on the Finish flag!
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Psycho_Ned wrote: »

On who dares wins the question was "countries with red in their flag", they said Finland and it was classed as correct!

We thought the same thing so looked it up. The national flag does indeed only have blue & white in. There's a "state flag" that has red in it .... but I don't think that' what they asked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Psycho_Ned wrote: »

Thank you!!! So I'm not going crazy! Noticed that too, can't believe they managed to let that one slip through as a correct answer:confused:
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can these two not name more Dickens Characters - they must know (at least) the titles of a few book.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a schoolboy error on the Finnish flag, eh?

Clueless research(ers)!