Options

Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They missed a trick by not asking Kylie to sing the theme tune for the 30th. :D
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nick is going to be a love to hate villain. He's messing with sweet Georgia. I hope it leads to Kyle knocking his lights out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keviness wrote: »
    They missed a trick by not asking Kylie to sing the theme tune for the 30th. :D

Kylie and Jason would've been even better! :D
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    Was Hilary's acting always this bad? :blush:

It was pretty awful - but when Daniel met her , he was even worse! every time I see him now, I just think what a wazzock he is!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was pretty awful - but when Daniel met her , he was even worse! every time I see him now, I just think what a wazzock he is!

Seems an even bigger wazzock in real life to be honest! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark's comment that he's glad to be back on the force 'Because I can't just sit on the sidelines watching cases being handled wrongly' was funny because the last few months has been him doing anything but!

I'm loving all the Susan and Sheila Bake off scenes, as well as the Sheila/Lou and Harold Stuff. My opinion of Lou seems to change depending on what storyline he's in and which characters he's with but his comment about asking for a re count if Sheila was the last woman on earth made me laugh
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Another sleazy, shady villainous doctor. We've been here before with Darcy and Rhys. :yawn: I can't wait until whatever nefarious scheme he's plotting gets rumbled.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member

Haha! To be honest, I've just never taken to Daniel. I've found him creepy from the start.

Mark as the perfect police constable is going to be highly annoying. Anyone daring to drop litter in his vicinity will probably go down for life!
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    Harold and the Lift Door :D

Was that a mistake they just left in for the Lulz?

Either way, this is why Harold is easily the best character in Neighbours history...haven't laughed so hard in a long time :D
  • Options
    SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    Anyone else notice how the police force couldn't afford to give Matt any more overtime, but they could afford to employ Brennan.

I think they need Brennan to cover Matt, he's never there! When he does turn up, his wife comes in a few minutes later and he has to rush off and deal with an "emergency".

Why is in soapland, family members just walk in and out of your place of business willy-nilly just for a quick chat? The schools are possibly the worst place for that, Heath was always wandering in and out of Summer Bay High.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another sleazy, shady villainous doctor. We've been here before with Darcy and Rhys. :yawn: I can't wait until whatever nefarious scheme he's plotting gets rumbled.

This. I just tune out when he appears.
  • Options
    mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was the actor the same wazzocky type when he was in Neighbours years ago as Paul's imaginary friend?
  • Options
    ChzzaChzza Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This. I just tune out when he appears.

I've read what he does and it's hideous. Really don't like him. Hope he's not a regular
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    I like that Neighbours has introduced more family for Therese but they didnt have to do the cliched arrogant doctor bit. And I think it's an awful sexist storyline this bet between Nick and Paul, making a wager on whether he'll get Georgia into bed.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    How long until they start making Kyle into a thoughtless jerk, to justify Georgia cheating on him with Dr Evil?
  • Options
    lybertynelybertyne Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a question and it's quite late so maybe I'm just missing something that's obvious. Neighbours began in March 1985 but it was first shown over here in October 1986. The gap between Oz and the UK now is a couple of weeks so did we not start viewing it from the 1st episode? Or were there long periods when it wasn't on TV in Australia? I know it's been 30 years but 19 months worth of episodes seem a lot to catch up on.
  • Options
    fozzie74fozzie74 Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    lybertyne wrote: »
    I have a question and it's quite late so maybe I'm just missing something that's obvious. Neighbours began in March 1985 but it was first shown over here in October 1986. The gap between Oz and the UK now is a couple of weeks so did we not start viewing it from the 1st episode? Or were there long periods when it wasn't on TV in Australia? I know it's been 30 years but 19 months worth of episodes seem a lot to catch up on.

We did view it from the first ep.

We've caught up because every year in Oz it goes off air for 2 (or is it 3?) weeks for a xmas break. But over here it was always on in those times - until recently when we've got so close that ch5 also take it off air over xmas the last few years.

If you think of it as 25 years of 2 weeks of extra UK episodes per year, then that's how we caught up.

(i think..!)
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Funny that they're always doctors!
  • Options
    Jill_FanJill_Fan Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Page 4 people !!

Loving Neighbours at the moment, especially Harold being back. I think Nick is a great addition to the cast but I hate him at the same time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jill_Fan wrote: »
    Page 4 people !!

:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long until they start making Kyle into a thoughtless jerk, to justify Georgia cheating on him with Dr Evil?

Ah yes this always annoys me about 'affair' storylines and it never rings true espeiciay for characters like Kyle who worship the ground their partner walks on. Dr. Evil should definately become Nick's nickname on here

Neighbours is great at the minute and I'm looking forward to the next few weeks and the 30th anniversary stuff
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The story with the nasty Dr Nick and Georgia feels like a rehash of the storyline with Dee and the nasty Doctor who Dee thought was amazing, he turned out to be a sexist slimeball and then tried to ruin Dee's nursing career when she tried to report him. Does anyone else remember this?
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    DaisieBee wrote: »
    The story with the nasty Dr Nick and Georgia feels like a rehash of the storyline with Dee and the nasty Doctor who Dee thought was amazing, he turned out to be a sexist slimeball and then tried to ruin Dee's nursing career when she tried to report him. Does anyone else remember this?

I remember that story with Dee and Cookie, I think he was known as (probably Dr Cook was his real name). I don't think it had the impact it was originally meant to have, as Dee had to be written out mid-way through, due to Madeleine West being hit by a bus, so they gave her role to Nurse Sheena, only for Dee to return for the end of it.

I think that was a different story to the one with Nick and Georgia, as Cookie was sexually harassing Dee and Sheena by constantly pinching/slapping their bums, and being all sexiest and lecherous generally. Nick hasn't gone in that direction; he is lewd and sleazy with his attitudes towards women, but that's not the same as sexually harassing someone, like Cookie was.
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,062
    Forum Member
    How long will this Daniel/Amber relationship last this time?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm enjoying Neighbours generally but seriously - that childish, sappy sock puppet nonsense with the Turners was absolutely awful.
This discussion has been closed.