Bloodborne

Comments

• MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    If you run back and climb the ladder and explore a bit you will find a shortcut back to the main area. just before you open the gate to the shortcut there is a window with a little girl who gives you the music box.

Cheers. Is that the really big ladder out of the sewers? I tend to forget about the windows!
    Does the music box make things easier?
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Finally met Paul Gascoigne. Got him down to 1/3 health. Where do I find the music box and why can't I summon the lift via lever (just next to the two trolls - leading to the bridge with the giant flaming ball).

Once you find the other end of the lift and ride it back up then you'll able to summon the lift either end, Music box is from a girl you speak to through a window though I managed to beat Father Gascoigne without it (I didn't realise it would be helpful), Learning to parrt effectively was key to beating him I found. And rolling. Lots of rolling.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Once you find the other end of the lift and ride it back up then you'll able to summon the lift either end, Music box is from a girl you speak to through a window though I managed to beat Father Gascoigne without it (I didn't realise it would be helpful), Learning to parrt effectively was key to beating him I found. And rolling. Lots of rolling.

Thanks. I stopped after getting done over by Gazza. I have taken the lift up so it should work now! Cheers for the advice guys. I thought of spamming molotov at Gazza is that any use?
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers. Is that the really big ladder out of the sewers? I tend to forget about the windows!
    Does the music box make things easier?

Watch this video, it shows you - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYOsMYj1rzs

The box stuns him a bit and can be used multiple times so it does make it easier.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blood Starved Beast killed and now I have a Chalice Dungeon to explore. Trying to decide what to do first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks. I stopped after getting done over by Gazza. I have taken the lift up so it should work now! Cheers for the advice guys. I thought of spamming molotov at Gazza is that any use?

If you need health you can leg it up the stairs and you get time to replenish. If you don't need health it is a fine place to set yourself to use a Molotov.
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been doing some chalice dungeons after finishing my first playthrough. The first couple were a breeze (character level 80ish) but the third is bit more tricky. Got Rom again as a boss too. They seem to be very good for loot. Got quite a few gems and I'm well stocked with vials now too.
  • davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Just beat blood starved beast on my 3rd attempt. Was so close to taking him out on my first try, spent so long dodging and using antitodes, potions without attempting to attack. Then when he took me out I realized he was at about 10% health and I'd only needed to hit him once to win the battle >:(

Second time one of the pillars got in my way when I tried to dodge, and again he had a similarly low amount of HP left. Then third time I got him with 2 potions, 2 antidotes and no molotovs left :D

Just died and after a cut-scene I re spawned in a prison of some type.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Killed the blood starved beast. He dodged my last Molotov and I thought I was done for. Out comes the trusty pistol and put that bastard down.

I am literally shaking from having to hold in my cries of joy (gf asleep on the sofa).

This games takes so much from you, but I you persevere and learn then it gives just as much back.

Think I might go lie down for a while
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Came across the Bloodletting Beast for the first time in a Chalice dungeon last night. Was a fun boss fight with a great soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOmPLeWbRlY
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like I am at the final boss after killing Margo's wet nurse. Still missing quite a few trophies though such as Hunter's Essence, Hunter's Craft and Blood Gem Master.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Looks like I am at the final boss after killing Margo's wet nurse. Still missing quite a few trophies though such as Hunter's Essence, Hunter's Craft and Blood Gem Master.

Some of those can only be obtained by doing the chalice dungeons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kopite79 wrote: »
    Some of those can only be obtained by doing the chalice dungeons.

Ahh im currently on depth 3 of the first dungeon, i will keep with them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Struggling with Martyr Thingamyjobbie. I know he's optional but I have two other bosses I've discovered (one who I think is optional, one I think is needed for progression) waiting for me also. I want to complete the game fully so I'm not allowing myself to skip even an optional boss. But by God he's annoying. Rom was so much easier.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah Logarius is definitely one of the tougher bosses in the game. I couldn't beat him at first so I left him until near the end. I was significantly stronger when I went back to him and managed to beat him after a couple of tries.
  • davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Just found Amelia and beat her at the second attempt. Probably the easiest boss fight so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davies24 wrote: »
    Just found Amelia and beat her at the second attempt. Probably the easiest boss fight so far.

Is Amelia the one in the Nightmare Frontier? If so I think I very randomly nearly beat her first attempt but I'm determined to dispatch Martyr Thingamy first... but just can't seem to.
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Is Amelia the one in the Nightmare Frontier? If so I think I very randomly nearly beat her first attempt but I'm determined to dispatch Martyr Thingamy first... but just can't seem to.

Vicar Amelia is in the grand cathedral
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davethorp wrote: »
    Vicar Amelia is in the grand cathedral

Oh. D'oh. Forgot about her!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been doing chalice dungeons and I must admit they are pretty tough, i'm on the layer 3 boss of the depth 3 dungeon which is a much tougher version of Rom.

The mobs in the dungeon itself are alot tougher than the mobs anywhere in the normal game, even at level 90 they can almost one shot me.

I got the easy ending by not actually fighting the final boss but I still need to try and get the other two endings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two trophies left to get, one for the best ending which shouldnt be to tough and one for killing the Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen which i can see taking me years!

The weapon trophy was awkward to get, i missed the quest with Ellien the crow so i had to kill her in new game+ to get it lol. Annoyingly its a really good weapon, i would have used it if i got it earlier.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davies24 wrote: »

I used the Flamesprayer and killed her without having to hit her. Finished her off with the Molotovs.
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi guys started playing this game this morning before work - looks great! only had 10 mins though... :(

a couple of questions...

1) how do you pause the game?

2) what do you spend your blood echoes on?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bio Max wrote: »
    hi guys started playing this game this morning before work - looks great! only had 10 mins though... :(

a couple of questions...

1) how do you pause the game?

2) what do you spend your blood echoes on?

You can't pause it.

Blood echoes are used for levelling up or buying items. For levelling up you need to have gained at least one insight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't pause but if you quit from the in game system menu the game will save where you're at.