What is the creepiest thing to have ever happened to you? (Part 2)

Comments

• MichellerlzMichellerlz Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a quick google search and you have totally copied that story, it's obviously a made up hoax thank god !

EDIT : I see Lyceum has beat me to it, should have read before posting.
  • chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    Reddit has a fair few - try googling 'creepiest experience reddit'. Some of them have the odd ghostly encounter, but there's a lot of ones about everyday creeps they've experienced.

I have been meaning to come back and thank you so much for this suggestion.1000's of real encounters and updating everyday.i have spent around 10 nights reading them,freaking myself out,and not even making a dent:D

For anyone interested,here's the link
  • TetherTether Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the most surreal experiences that I can remember, is when my partner and I returned from a 4 day trip in Paris back to London in the evening. It was just so weird like it was a different London, everything just appeared 'different' but was familiar. We both still talk about it now and felt the exact same way.
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a quick google search and you have totally copied that story, it's obviously a made up hoax thank god !

EDIT : I see Lyceum has beat me to it, should have read before posting.

Have the mods deleted a post? I can't see what you're talking about
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vierte wrote: »

Yea they have it seems. And I can understand why. This isn't a thread for posting made up horror stories.

But if you click any of the links I posted it will show you the story, it's grim reading.

It's been around ages but the poster was attempting to pass it off as having happened to him. Which obviously is utter bull. The things some people do for attention never cease to amaze me.
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've just come on here and It looks like it, but It might be a story posted in a link. I'm guessing the person who passed it off as their own, is now inactive.
  • SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    Yes the post has been deleted. It was a revolting story that Uncle Phil had copied off the web. You will probably get the gist of it from one of Lyceum's links, however be warned, it's really not nice.
  • swaydogswaydog Posts: 5,653
    Forum Member
    A friend and I just got back to his house and he had just bought an Adam and The Ants record .
    He put it on the record player, put the needle on then turned on the power.
    Then the song,Ant Music,started, with the drumming intro.
    About half way through I said put it back to the start, but when he lifted off the needle the song carried on playing.
    We both freaked out, he took the record off completely and still the song was playing.
    We was both baffled until I realised the stereo was set to the tuner and the same song was being played on the radio at the exact same time.

More of coincidence but sure felt creepy for a minute or so
  • MichellerlzMichellerlz Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, it was very gruesome reading before bed.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    That story is posted by various users on a number of websites and 'fiction' sites for those inclined to share their self written horror fiction.

Nice try though.

Here's a link to it being posted on reddit a year ago

[snipped]

I just read that Reddit post. It heavily resembles one of Guinea Pig films. The first one, I think.

All right, I've just checked. I was thinking of Guinea Pig: Devil's Experiment https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea_Pig_(film_series)#The_Devil.27s_Experiment

I bet that moronic film series is where those people got their stories from.
    swaydog wrote: »
    A friend and I just got back to his house and he had just bought an Adam and The Ants record .
    About half way through I said put it back to the start, but when he lifted off the needle the song carried on playing.
    We both freaked out, he took the record off completely and still the song was playing.
    We was both baffled until I realised the stereo was set to the tuner and the same song was being played on the radio at the exact same time.

I love that. I'm sorry, but I found that coincidence hilarious. I'd probably hug the nearest person in terror if that happened to me. :D
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Bump!
  • lickspittlelickspittle Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I thought you guys would like this terrifying story that was posted on Reddit a while ago. It isn't mine, I am just linking to it. It is apparently true :o.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Thetruthishere/comments/1x02n9/me_hi_guys_someone_suggested_i_post_my_story_here/
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump.
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This might sound a bit odd, but about every 2 or three nights for the last Couple of weeks there has been a strange knocking sound to near where I live it is as someone is knocking on a glass Window:confused:

I have look outside as I can see down the road I can not see anyone by the time knocking stops even the cat has heard the noise and slightly puzzled by the noise too, not sure if it someone playing games with someone down the road or not or someone forgotten their keys or something else:confused:

I spoke to aneighbour today and has heard the same knocking not sure either, plus it always when I in bed asleep too, so I always get up & go down stairs to make sure their no one there and also check everything is lock just incase- It not frighting I just puzzled atm:confused:
  • Doll FeetDoll Feet Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bingoman wrote: »
    This might sound a bit odd

In this thread? :)

Do any of your neighbours have a dog? Possibly a dog scratching itself while up against a (glass) door.
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Do have a few SPOOKY stories, this one happened this year.

My brother lives abroad and came to visit us. He gave me my birthday present which was a vintage kimono. It was very elaborate, really really long with funny sleeves that hung down like a pair of flags hanging from your wrists. I put it on and said thank you, but it didn't feel very nice so after they had gone I took it off and hung it up, didn't plan on ever wearing it again. I went to bed and just as was falling asleep a big face in the dark was right next time. I thought no, this isn't happening, but after the third time it turned up I thought sod this. I just knew it was something to do with the kimono, so I got up, grabbed the robe, wrapped it up in two bags and put it outside, away from my front door. Had a cup of tea to calm down, went back to bed hoping everything would be normal again and it was. I didn't want to hurt my brother's feelings about his gift, but in the end I told him while he tried to keep a straight face, and he took the bag away. He said he would take it back to the vintage shop where ever that was and he hasn't mentioned it since.

Next story...
    This happened a few years ago.
    I lived in a little seaside town very famous for the railway next to the beach. My dog had died that summer and I really missed him. During that winter there was a massive storm and loads of people were stood on the railway bridge watching the huge waves. It was raining and really windy. I stood on the bridge with everybody watching the sea. Very close to the bridge the railway disappears into a tunnel that goes through the side of a cliff. The rain got worse and suddenly everyone had dispersed except for me and 4 young blokes on this bridge and I suddenly realised I was in a vulnerable position as there wasn't another soul around. I tried to move away but they surrounded me and ordered me to get in the tunnel. I was terrified, and I stood there silently praying for help, then suddenly I saw my dog, he was definitely my dog with a family group.. They came out of no where and he led them up to where I was so I just fell into step with them to get off the bridge and away from those awful blokes and the tunnel. I was so relieved because for a few moments I really thought the worst was going to happen to me. As I shuffled along in the rain attached to the group of people I couldn't see my dog any more. He was gone. As soon as I felt safe again I got home as quick as I could. I really do think he came to help me when I really needed it. In fact just thinking about it now has brought tears to my eyes, he was such a lovely dog:cry:

Aw, glad you got home safely.
  • Doll FeetDoll Feet Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loz Kernow wrote: »
    This is more of a strange coincidence than creepy.

A friend borrowed our flat-pack cot for a couple of years until her child started sleeping in a bed. On the very day that my friend returned the cot I received a phone call from a lady who said "I'm ringing about the cot you're advertising for sale in the Wiltshire Times". I explained that I hadn't placed an advert but I did have a cot I no longer needed.

It turned out she'd misdialled the phone number printed in our local paper. She came to see our cot - which we assembled for her - and she bought it!

It happened years ago but it still gives me a weird feeling :confused:
    Versailles wrote: »
    What happened to me was creepy, but could have ended much worse than it did. And only a coincidence saved me. I dont remember it, thankfully.

I was four years old, and playing outside in a big city. This was in 1971.

My aunt, who was 17 at the time had gone home early from school because she was not feeling well. The school was at the other side of the town, and she had to take a different bus home than she usually did.

At the bus stop she saw a man walking fast by carrying a little girl. She immediately regognized me as the little girl, and asked the man who he was and what he was doing with her niece.

He answered that he had just wanted to take me for a walk, and that my aunt could have me back. She grabbed me and we got safely home.

Turns out, he had taken me from outside my house, and had already got far away when my aunt spotted me.

Had she not been ill that day, I dread to think the outcome.
    Versailles wrote: »
    I don't believe in ghosts, psychics or anything like that, so the following two things that happened to me has to be coincidences..

I have been with my now husband since we were teenagers, we are now close to 50. All this time he has worked at the same place, night shift.

Four years ago I woke up early in the morning, crying in fear. I knew ny husband was supposed to be home from night shift (he sleeps in another bedroom when he work nights)
    I was terrified that he had been in a car accident, so I kept calling his mobile. I suddenly heard it ringing from his bedroom, so I hung up.

Ten minutes later, my mother calls me to tell me my sister had been in a car accident on her way to work. Thankfully she was going to be fine.
    In all the years we have been together, this is the first time I have called my husband in the morning to check if he is ok.

One day in November, 2007, I had sent my son to school, when a feeling of terror came over me. For some unknown reason, I was sure he was in danger. I called the school, and the teacher who answered understood how frightened I was, so she went to check on my son to see if he was alright. He was fine.

Three minutes later, I turn on tv, and see there has been a horrible school shooting in Finland (I live in Norway).

I have four children, and this is the first and last time I have felt so desperate as to need to call the school to see if they are ok.
    meechyemoo wrote: »
    I can't remember if I posted this before.

Years ago I had a job were we ran a job club for our trainees. I saw advertised in the local paper a job in London for my particular job.
    I rang the number, I was asked where I had seen the job and was told they only advertised in one London paper and certainly not the local one I had seen it in.
    Got the job too!
    swaydog wrote: »

Love hearing about weird coincidences. I tracked this down for someone on another site, from Weird Night 1994;

Coincidences - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx56Qs2Q3g8

Also interesting, Visions - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxHyk1EtF8c
    Tether wrote: »
    One of the most surreal experiences that I can remember, is when my partner and I returned from a 4 day trip in Paris back to London in the evening. It was just so weird like it was a different London, everything just appeared 'different' but was familiar. We both still talk about it now and felt the exact same way.

You didn't have any narrow escapes over those 4 days did you?
  • Mountain_RunnerMountain_Runner Posts: 1,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We once went to the beach. It was at the bottom of a cliff. There was an concrete stair and lift tower. Later it clouded over and we headed back.
    2 of the group decided to take the lift back to the top. The orange lift door was well rusted and a pile of sand rested against the doors. They pressed the lift button and the rusted sandy doors grinded as they opened. They got in the lift car and the doors shut trapping a bit of string in between. We raced them up the stairs to the top.
    The lift didn't appear we looked around and no sign of them. I pressed the call lift button and nothing happened. We asked the caretaker who said the lift had been switched off years ago and was seized half way down the shaft. He even showed us the motor room it was all rusted up and all electric disconnected.
    Later the fire brigade came to check and manually winded the lift car back to the top, nobody inside. Where had they gone? The definitely got in the lift and at the bottom the string was still stuck between the doors and fresh scratches to show it had opened.
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We once went to the beach. It was at the bottom of a cliff. There was an concrete stair and lift tower. Later it clouded over and we headed back.
    2 of the group decided to take the lift back to the top. The orange lift door was well rusted and a pile of sand rested against the doors. They pressed the lift button and the rusted sandy doors grinded as they opened. They got in the lift car and the doors shut trapping a bit of string in between. We raced them up the stairs to the top.
    The lift didn't appear we looked around and no sign of them. I pressed the call lift button and nothing happened. We asked the caretaker who said the lift had been switched off years ago and was seized half way down the shaft. He even showed us the motor room it was all rusted up and all electric disconnected.
    Later the fire brigade came to check and manually winded the lift car back to the top, nobody inside. Where had they gone? The definitely got in the lift and at the bottom the string was still stuck between the doors and fresh scratches to show it had opened.

I don't understand this if they were two of your group then surely you'd know by now where they went?
  • MookyboyMookyboy Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Bump!!! - Missing my dose of supernatural goings on!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    bump!! - I'm missing my dose of spooky goings on!
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't mine, I just read it on another forum and thought this thread would appreciate it.
    I have another story, but it's not mine. It was told to me by a friend who died many years ago. His sexual heyday was the late 70s through late 80s. He told me a scary one-night stand story. He said he went to a local gay bar that was in a smallish city. This was about an hour away from where he lived. He hooked up with a guy, went to his house, and spent the night. He said the house was in a very isolated, rural setting, but the guy seemed decent and the sex was good. The guy asked if he wanted to spend the night, so he did.

He said he woke up the next morning and guy was nowhere in the house. He went outside and yelled to him, thinking he might have gone into the woods surrounding the house. He said the guy's car was still there, so he had to be around somewhere. He said he started to get a bit of a creepy feeling, so he went back in but couldn't find his keys. He then tried to use the phone to call a friend, but it was dead (this was before cell phones). He said he completely freaked out at that point.

My friend went back outside. He said it was a nice sunny summer day. He looked around and said he thought he spotted someone looking at him from the surrounding woods. He told me he was pretty sure it was the guy he'd spent the night with. He tried to act like he wasn't worried. He knew cars because his brother and father were gear-heads, and they had taught him how to hotwire a car. He said luckily his car was unlocked and he was able to start it, and he got the hell out of there. He always said, "Thank God I didn't lock the car the night before." And same that the guy didn't lock his car on him. He said he didn't go back to that bar for a couple years after that.

I asked if the guy ever emerged from the woods. He said he didn't, even as he was hotwiring his car. He always said he wasn't entirely sure, but he thought he saw him watching from the woods. That alone kept me up the night he told me the story.

There's a couple more, it's a "scary one night stand" thread on Datalounge.
    https://www.datalounge.com/thread/13729411-scary-hook-ups-and-one-night-stands
    After my 14 year relationship, I was single almost 10 years. I'd date on and off and occasionally have a hook up, but hook ups are not really my thing. Still, we're all human and sometimes the urge was too much to ignore. For the most part, the people I met were nice. Like [R188] mentions, you start to get an idea of who to avoid, but sometimes you could get fooled.

One time I chatted online with this guy for about 2 weeks, and he seemed quite normal in the online chats. Our schedules didn't match, but we finally settled on a Friday night meeting. I wanted to meet in public, but he convinced me to come to his house. As always, I said I made no guarantees, which he said was fine.

When I showed up, he let me in. I noticed right away that he seemed very nervous, but I always found the first meeting somewhat nerve-racking, so didn't give it much thought. The house I met him at looked sparsely furnished, which I mentioned to him. He said it was a rental property he owned and his tenant had just left, but there was a comfortable couch in the basement. I was a bit hesitant, but it was still light out, so I followed him down to the basement. I sat on the couch and he sat on a chair opposite. The conversation was actually going fine, but he still seemed very nervous. He asked if I wanted anything to drink, and I just asked for water. He went upstairs and made himself a cocktail and brought a glass of water to me. When he handed it to me, he was sweating, but the house was actually quite cool, so I wondered why he was sweating. When I lifted the water to my drink it, it smelled strange. I took a tiny sip and it tasted strange as well, so I surreptitiously spit it back in the glass.

He was sweating profusely and kept furtively glancing at my water glass, which I hadn't touched since he handed it to me. It was getting darker outside, too, and when I asked if he wanted to turn a light on, he just said it was light enough for him. I trusted my instincts and knew something was up. It dawned on me that I had parked in his driveway, which curved up to his house and was covered on both sides by heavy foliage, so I realized no one could see my car from the road.

I considered my options. He was much bigger than me, so I was probably going to lose a physical altercation. So, I just told him flat out that I knew he put something in my water, he was clearly nervous and sweating, and I thought it was best that I leave. He denied putting anything in my water, so I brought it over to him and said, "Fine, you drink it all." He just looked down.

I started upstairs and he followed. He kept trying to engage me in conversation. I was several paces ahead of him and just tried not to freak out. I got upstairs and he started crying, saying the love of his life had broken up with him, he was so confused, he really didn't want to be hooking up, etc. He continued to deny putting something in my drink and slipped in front of me and blocked the door out to my car. I chatted with him and acted sympathetic. I worked my way over to the door and he let me pass. He followed me out to the car continuing to talk. He almost seemed like he wanted to stop me from leaving but wasn't sure if he should try it.

I got in my car and started to back up, but then he yelled at me to wait and got behind my car motioning for me to roll my window down. I cracked it a bit and he said there was something behind my car he was going to get out of the way. He bent down and didn't pop back up. I kept looking back then saw him pop up next to me on the driver's side and try to get his hand in the window, which luckily I had merely cracked. I slammed my car in reverse and took off.

I don't know what he had planned that night, but it was definitely creepy. He sent me several messages to my online account saying he just wanted to talk some more, which is why he was putting his hand in the window. I just blocked him. Never saw or heard from him again.
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My nan died in August 2013. But the last few months she spent in a care home & I never went to visit her because I wanted to remember her in good ways, not slowly having the life sucked out of her in a care home bed. Anyway, after her funeral a few weeks later, I felt really guilty for not visiting her, especially when I was told she asked to see me on occasions. I remember seeing shadows & having my foot pulled so my face came off the pillow several times & it did scare me & shake me up a bit. This carried on for a little while. I do remember getting quite fed up so I said out loud once 'Nan, if this is you, I know you mean well, but can you please stop'. That night I had a dream where I dreamt I was asleep & woke because I felt pressure of the end of the bed. I sat up & she was there. I felt scared at first until she said she wasn't here to cause harm but to apologise for scaring me & I said that it was okay, & I apologised for not visiting her in the care home. It was practically making up & I remember her saying something along the lines of 'I have to go now' & she gave me a hug & I kissed her on the cheek like I always did & she just fizzled out into nothing. When I woke up I felt at peace.

I did think the goings on before this dream were quite odd only until my mother said she caught several mirrors after they were knocked off the wall when she was at home one day. Mum said she was thinking about nan whilst hoovering then all of a sudden a mirror in the room she was in came off the wall.

My sister then said that around the time I observed goings on her eldest daughter wasn't sleeping properly & that she could hear her talking to somebody. One night my niece was crying in her cot & my sister went up to see what was wrong. My niece said 'I see great-granny Jones at the top of the stairs' & was crying because she didn't know what it was. My sister then said out loud something similar to what I said & it hasn't happened since, & that was nearly 2 years ago.

I do have more creepy encounters which I'll post after :)
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump.