Who is better - Jules & Matisse or Ashleigh & Pudsey?

scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Both won the show, but which wowed you more?

Jules & Matisse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGCkPZBdLjg

Ashleigh & Pudsey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IaWHhHAMJk

Pudsey, in my opinion, is streets ahead of Matisse. So much more fast paced and entertaining, and didn't rely on any gimmicks. Matisse is certainly very clever, but the act for me is missing something, it just didn't excite me that much. And the three legged dog at the end was such a gimmick, there purely to get some sympathy votes.

Which is the better act? 72 votes

Ashleigh & Pudsey
48% 35 votes
Jules & Matisse
51% 37 votes

Comments

• scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poll activated
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for Jules & Matisse purely because Chase can walk a tightrope and Pudsey can't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like both but went for Jules & Matisse because her performances tell a story, plus Jules has trained multiple dogs for this.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,269
    Forum Member
    Both, I can't pick one, luv them both. :D
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jules & Matisse the dog did the tightrope if you vote otherwise you should explain why :)
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashleigh as she did'nt cheat the public.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashleigh as she did'nt cheat the public.

Neither did Jules & Matisse, unless you believe the TV show Lassie also 'cheated' the public.
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate & Gin
  • tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jules & Matisse by a country mile
  • hellomoto977hellomoto977 Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jules and her dogs are trained so well and I love the "tell a story" themes. I do also like Ashleigh and Pudsey though!
  • St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pudsey is more honest.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corabal wrote: »
    Kate & Gin

Whatever happened to them ? I remember the girl being very shy so its amazing she was able to do what she did.
  • fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jules & Matisse

The story telling makes for a better act IMO - and I think Matisse needs fewer cues from the trainer.
  • ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    Both won the show, but which wowed you more?

Jules & Matisse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGCkPZBdLjg

Ashleigh & Pudsey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IaWHhHAMJk

Pudsey, in my opinion, is streets ahead of Matisse. So much more fast paced and entertaining, and didn't rely on any gimmicks. Matisse is certainly very clever, but the act for me is missing something, it just didn't excite me that much. And the three legged dog at the end was such a gimmick, there purely to get some sympathy votes.

Pudsey was nothing special, far, far, far, far better dog acts on Crufts doing similar to Pudsey.

Simon saw Pudsey as a money making machine. He should have watched Crufts.
  • 2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither. I'm fed up with dogs winning talent shows. They should have their own show for dogs.
    Forum Member

Re the current claims of a con from Jules re rope walking dog.

The runner-up magic man Jamie Raven was a total con from start to finish, and that lemon made out to be completely whole and untouched by the magic man..HUH! what a con.

Is Raven a con surname?
    Forum Member
    2la wrote: »
    Neither. I'm fed up with dogs winning talent shows. They should have their own show for dogs.

You better demand that the British public stop voting for dog acts then. SIMPLE.

On second thoughts, we are a democracy in this country.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jules and Matisse by a country mile. Pudsey, although very clever, is overrated, seen much much better at Crufts and various other places.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2la wrote: »

Dogs have only won BGT twice. More singers have won than dogs.
  • spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's a question of being better as we're talking different skills but I did enjoy Jules and Matisse more.
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jules and Matisse were technically more talented...but Ashleigh and Pudsey had more star quality/were more likeable.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Neither.

I love dogs, but dogs should not win nation-wide talent searches. Period.

Not that I like how the current act is being unfairly savaged by the press and Internet trolls. They don't deserve that. But that's not to say they should have won the show.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pudsey is Ashleigh's pet and goes everywhere with her, probably sleeps on her bed and they love each other.
    Jules is an animal trainer, not just of dogs but other animals as well, they are not her pets but just commodities to make her money, I don't know where they are kept, but I wouldn't be surprised if not in a kennel in a pen.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    Pudsey is Ashleigh's pet and goes everywhere with her, probably sleeps on her bed and they love each other.
    Jules is an animal trainer, not just of dogs but other animals as well, they are not her pets but just commodities to make her money, I don't know where they are kept, but I wouldn't be surprised if not in a kennel in a pen.

It's great when humans and dogs live together, of course, but WE are the primary ones who benefit from that.

Dogs are pack animals. They enjoy being around humans because they see us as members of their pack.

But they ALSO see other dogs as pack members. So if a dog is kept in facilities with other dogs, it's not inherently cruel to them. They're being supplied with what they most need--a pack--even if it's fellow dogs and not us substitute dogs named humans. That kind of living only becomes cruel to a dog if they aren't given enough space, aren't well looked after in terms of hygiene and shelter, etc., or if any training that accompanies this living circumstance is cruel (which might be equally true for a sole dog who lives in a human house with a human if they're mis-trained).
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pudsey