Options

Noel Gallagher slams Goody press coverage

lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
Forum Member
✭✭
DS NEWS
Noel Gallagher has slammed constant press coverage of Jade Goody as 'embarrassing for Britain'.

The Oasis star claimed that the plight of the dying reality TV star has been given undue attention in light of the country's current economic problems.
"I was watching the TV today and they're all outside her house," he told The Sun.
"There's a global crisis apparently going on, and it's 'Jack Straw, could you have a look at this?' Max Clifford somehow manages to shape the mood of the nation.
"I mean, I’ve got f**k all against Jade Goody, that's nothing to do with me. But it bends my head. That, to me, sums up in one tiny five-minute thing on the news what an embarrassing place Britain is right now.
"You might as well shut Number 10 Downing Street down and get Max Clifford to run the country."
Clifford recently admitted that he was "instinctively" uneasy about continuing coverage of the former Big Brother contestant.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a149028/gallagher-slams-goody-press-coverage.html

Comments

• Options
    tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i agree with noel. its sad that people think that she's that newsworthy that she put on the front of newspapers & she is on the news everyday with progress reports on her health.
    its sad that she got cancer & she's dying & she has two young children that she will leave behind but she is not the only person in that situation. at the end of the day she is just a reality tv star.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    I totally agree! The intruder with hammer story was the first up on the news on my local radio this morning. Ridiculous!
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    I totally agree! The intruder with hammer story was the first up on the news on my local radio this morning. Ridiculous!

I've had Heart106.2 on all day and I'm really pleased they haven't mentioned her once on hourly bulletins...
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I generally think Noel is a bit of a tool but he's right in this instance.

I don't see how it is in the public interest to have this constantly running as headline news. The daily 'updates' are insane.
  • Options
    IdiotgirleIdiotgirle Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    I generally think Noel is a bit of a tool but he's right in this instance.

The daily 'updates' are insane.
    Well you couldn't let murders in Norn Iron and five deaths in a head on road smash in Merseyside distract from the real news of Jade, could you?

How heartless and lacking in compassion are you?!?!
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Idiotgirle wrote: »
    Well you couldn't let murders in Norn Iron and five deaths in a head on road smash in Merseyside distract from the real news of Jade, could you?

How heartless and lacking in compassion are you?!?!

Quite. ;)

What am I thinking - surely there is nothing else going on in the world that could possibly top the Max Clifford PR machine??!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's makes a good point. I remember when he discussed the mass overreaction to the death of Diana.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While he has a valid point, having a Beatles-worship pub band held in such high esteem that they've been inside Downing St is also an embarrasment for Britain.

Swings and roundabouts....
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While he has a valid point, having a Beatles-worship pub band held in such high esteem that they've been inside Downing St is also an embarrasment for Britain.

Oh I agree on that.
    But I really never thought I'd agree with his opinions, and this I do, 100%!
  • Options
    bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    mad1 wrote: »
    He's makes a good point. I remember when he discussed the mass overreaction to the death of Diana.

And the thousands stood crying outside Kensington Palace - for someone they didn;t even know!!!:mad::mad:
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is right, the dumbing down and celeb culture which is slowly taking over the news is a great way of covering up the true crap that this government is doing to this country and during this time more and more laws are being passed through parliament that will eventually lead to citizens having less and less control over their lives and their pockets. When they wake up it will be too late.;)
  • Options
    NewsbuffNewsbuff Posts: 2,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well said Noel Gallagher
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I agree with him (thats a first :p)

We should move on now and leave her be. Max Clifford is getting on my last nerve with his "people want to know" bollocks :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well said Noel Gallagher!

This is the first time in a long while where i've agreed with his comments.
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's just jumped on the Jade Goody bandwagon really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's just pished off cos he's not front page news anymore.
  • Options
    maybemaybe Posts: 4,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haha :D

That made me laugh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazellis wrote: »
    And the thousands stood crying outside Kensington Palace - for someone they didn;t even know!!!:mad::mad:

many people were crying because of the tragic waste of life more than knowing her:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's just pished off cos he's not front page news anymore.

The man has talent and has made his own money with his talent, not off the back of a reality show. He is only saying what a lot of people are too scared to say and I don't think Noel is bothered about being on the frontpage of anything, he has never been the sort to fall out of China Whites or any of the "Look at me" celebrity hang outs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    He is right, the dumbing down and celeb culture which is slowly taking over the news is a great way of covering up the true crap that this government is doing to this country and during this time more and more laws are being passed through parliament that will eventually lead to citizens having less and less control over their lives and their pockets. When they wake up it will be too late.;)
    Ahh someone else who thinks this :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    CheezburgerCheezburger Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Not a fan of his, but by gum, he's right.
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's absolutely spot-on.
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nail on the head. Nice one, Noel. :D

Max Clifford says "people want to know" .. no Max, people who read trashy magazines are in the minority. Most (sane) people have other things to worry about.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    The man has talent and has made his own money with his talent, not off the back of a reality show. He is only saying what a lot of people are too scared to say and I don't think Noel is bothered about being on the frontpage of anything, he has never been the sort to fall out of China Whites or any of the "Look at me" celebrity hang outs.

I agree with everything in this post.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »

Jade's made her own money as well, and as for Noel having talent.... that's debatable. Isn't he the one who said he only knows three chords or only bothers with three chords? Whatever it is, Oasis are just a sorry Beatles rip-off.... pub band as someone said above.

And if he doesn't want the publicity, then he shouldn't speak out about such a current controversial figure, but then Noel will regularly spout off about other famous people.... nothing to do with publicity though, nooo not at all.