Options

Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Exactly sometimes listening to Janet's album its like WTF only track 6 and its been what feels like a month :D and erotica i love it i really do.

And of course and i Disagree of course Fever was a total masterpiece flawless and innovative in one fell swoop from Ly- X a flawless collection of albums.

And he was yes also son of the Ex Aussie prime minister and ex hubby of danni i know alot of worthless info :p

And singing budgie was a reference by someone maybe michael hutchence or the press they called her the singing budgie from down under lol

Haha...i do love Miss Jackson though....just am gutted that she hasnt even made an album worthy of those 4 for over a decade now :(....Definitely...i do find it hard how to rank my fave best of the best of the best albums....but daymn Erotica is close to the top overall :cool: Phenomenal album.

ANd yeah i knew youd disagree Hav....you are more a fan than i am ....but to me Fever, X, Aphrodite together are very good....but nothing truly that ranks as a amsterpeice....but then again MJs Thriller and Bad are considered "masterpeices" basically due to singles and videos and album sales more than anything.....so anything goes tbh.

But i always lvoe albums that...yes...have killer single releases...but has like a message across the songs. But in that case okay....but to me X is very flat as an album when i compared it to (which i shouldnt have) to Blackout released in the same time frame....Blackout i was hypnotised by and X i was like....why is there nothing groundbreaking here....i enjoy it a bit more now though :D

And that is harsh for Britters :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OF COURSE!!!

Okay...its everywhere :D

Then again in my defence i did have it in my head Madonna ahd sang moth to a flame before....and then was reminded Janet did so i just went DAYMN was that the song i was thinking of.

Havent played ROL in full for a bit....feel really embarrassed to have forgotten :o
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Then again in my defence i did have it in my head Madonna ahd sang moth to a flame before....and then was reminded Janet did so i just went DAYMN was that the song i was thinking of.

Havent played ROL in full for a bit....feel really embarrassed to have forgotten :o

You should be very embarrassed :mad: :p
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha...i do love Miss Jackson though....just am gutted that she hasnt even made an album worthy of those 4 for over a decade now :(....Definitely...i do find it hard how to rank my fave best of the best of the best albums....but daymn Erotica is close to the top overall :cool: Phenomenal album.

ANd yeah i knew youd disagree Hav....you are more a fan than i am ....but to me Fever, X, Aphrodite together are very good....but nothing truly that ranks as a amsterpeice....but then again MJs Thriller and Bad are considered "masterpeices" basically due to singles and videos and album sales more than anything.....so anything goes tbh.

But i always lvoe albums that...yes...have killer single releases...but has like a message across the songs. But in that case okay....but to me X is very flat as an album when i compared it to (which i shouldnt have) to Blackout released in the same time frame....Blackout i was hypnotised by and X i was like....why is there nothing groundbreaking here....i enjoy it a bit more now though :D

And that is harsh for Britters :(

I agree with your point

Although i don't see those MJ albums as masterpieces. Take away the singles released, your left with total filler. An album shouldn't be dominated by it's singles to be classed as a masterpiece. It should stand on it's own. Which is what Madonna does.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    You should be very embarrassed :mad: :p

okay ive cut my leg and whipped my back :( I actually do feel bad about it. But i did know it was in an M song before....again with the self referencing!

Also just read that well...check it out

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/05/10/madonnas-u-s-tour-dates-inches-from-sellout/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with your point

Although i don't see those MJ albums as masterpieces. Take away the singles released, your left with total filler. An album shouldn't be dominated by it's singles to be classed as a masterpiece. It should stand on it's own. Which is what Madonna does.

Thankies, but that is definitely true aint it...i mean critics for MJ focused mainly on his star power and singles rather than the albums as album pieces.

But to me and you which i know LM is that a masterpeice is an absolute work of art where you can tell the majority of the record...entirety even has been focused on and crafted with perfection and made the best of the best possible for that album.

Not just singles but non released songs from the albums too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...however speaking of MJ...Off The Wall i DO consider a masterpiece album of his tbh...every song is strong, i love the fusion of Disco, Funk,Soul and you can definitely tell it was a massive step for him as an artist....but from then on he followed a template :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thankies, but that is definitely true aint it...i mean critics for MJ focused mainly on his star power and singles rather than the albums as album pieces.

But to me and you which i know LM is that a masterpeice is an absolute work of art where you can tell the majority of the record...entirety even has been focused on and crafted with perfection and made the best of the best possible for that album.

Again, i have to agree more

I think the majority of albums past and present have the tedency of being labelled masterpieces which are dominated by their singles.

I think Madonna's first three albums were dominated by the singles themselves but i do love the remaining unreleased tracks. But from Like a prayer onwards, it was really when the album came into full centre stage and not so much the singles even though the singles were still hits.
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    put your hands on my... skiiiiiiiiiiiiiin
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally...Madonnas first three albums predominantly were, singles, turn albums into small concepts and make it work...and they did...album songs were strong as the singles themselves...but LAP onwards very much album orientated....the plus side was she still had massive hits too :cool:

And Skin...one of the greatest songs ever made too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Runaway Lover may be a song that symbolised pre-wedding jitters perhaps when she married Ritchie like a self-analysis on relisten and relisten.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listened to gossips new album A Joyful Noise on You Tube (absolutely lvoe every song!!)

And it fuses together many 80s Electro/Synth elements and 90s House/Underground styles together...it is so VERY Madonna meets Depeche Mode kinda vibes...and it reminded me Beth did wanna collab with M...i really see it working now...if Madonna maybe went Punky Pop kinda styles....it would be THE collab!! i mean daymn!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always wondered who She's not me is about
    The lyrics suggest to me that a woman came between her and Guy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really not sure...Shes Not Me has become such a grey area...and kinda used by fans on the internet for everyone that cannot compare to what Madonna ahs achieved etc. (not naming nams hhe) proper Culty song within the fanbase aint it.

I think she has had a lot of jilted lovers and confrontations tbh see previous albums dealing with similar subjects etc....so maybe it is a similar theme...but not M and Ritchie....but then again, what do we actually know?? :-O
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love She's Not Me. I always assumed it was directed at multiple aspects of Madonna's life, a reminder to all her ex's that future women will never be as amazing or unique as M, Madonna has set so many trends/broken barriers and records and had so many defining moments and other artists have experienced similar moments so it's like she's saying "Been there, done that,".

The whole Hard Candy era was very contrasting. I remember in earlier interviews, Madonna stated that Incredible was directed at Guy, especially the "Sex with you is.." line, but we know M's humour, maybe it was tongue in cheek and he wasn't impressing her at all!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    I love She's Not Me. I always assumed it was directed at multiple aspects of Madonna's life, a reminder to all her ex's that future women will never be as amazing or unique as M, Madonna has set so many trends/broken barriers and records and had so many defining moments and other artists have experienced similar moments so it's like she's saying "Been there, done that,".

The whole Hard Candy era was very contrasting. I remember in earlier interviews, Madonna stated that Incredible was directed at Guy, especially the "Sex with you is.." line, but we know M's humour, maybe it was tongue in cheek and he wasn't impressing her at all!

You know i do really love Hard Candy because one heck of a lot of it can be taken strongly with irony...i think that is what i loved that her humour very much was in there like crazy.

I love these analyses of Shes Not Me and Incredible etc. Incredible i think may have been ironic as being about an un-incredible situation but incredible i other respects....like the song length is the longest on the album making it Incredible-y long BUT what is the song actually saying etc? brilliant.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listened to gossips new album A Joyful Noise on You Tube (absolutely lvoe every song!!)

And it fuses together many 80s Electro/Synth elements and 90s House/Underground styles together...it is so VERY Madonna meets Depeche Mode kinda vibes...and it reminded me Beth did wanna collab with M...i really see it working now...if Madonna maybe went Punky Pop kinda styles....it would be THE collab!! i mean daymn!

Wow, I absolutely love the Gossip's new album too. It's amazing how similiar our taste in music is! And yes, Beth and Madonna need to work together!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Wow, I absolutely love the Gossip's new album too. It's amazing how similiar our taste in music is! And yes, Beth and Madonna need to work together!

Haha yeah Hi 5 brothaaah!! :D....i love the elements within A Jouful Noise you can say woah that reminds me of The FIrst Album or woah very Erotica...oooh Trippy ROL kinda style.....i love that gossip really have expanded and adapted a lot of Pop into their grungy sound....and Beth quirky as ever most definitely.

Niki & The Dove and gossip album both out tomos....pre-ordered special edition covers from Play :D hehe! Cannot wait!

And they really do...i can kinda see how it may work...and it should work...Seary....Next M album get the Ditto and Ciccone to collab!! :D
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Surely by your own reasoning then Fever is a masterpiece yes it had its big singles but the vast majority of the record supersedes or matches the quality overall and you cant deny the artistry and love that went into it to make it the best it could be so thats one masterpiece in her cannon.

And saw Gossip on chatty man i loves me some Beth Ditto now thats how to sing :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely by your own reasoning then Fever is a masterpiece yes it had its big singles but the vast majority of the record supersedes or matches the quality overall and you cant deny the artistry and love that went into it to make it the best it could be so thats one masterpiece in her cannon.

And saw Gossip on chatty man i loves me some Beth Ditto now thats how to sing :p

Thats the thing with Fever though isnt it....it was designed to really make Kylie the hit making factory she was that era....intentional not coincidence. It very much reflected what catchy hooks, the Daft Punk style Eelctro and a Kylie stamp on it.....not a "masterpiece" by how i personally define it...but overall as i say a very solid album.

And i havent seen it yet but apparently they performed Move In The Right Direction...i love Dittos vocal...reminds me a bit of Cyndi Lauper in some ways actually vocally. She has a bitta souuul in there too :cool:

The production on RIght DIrection reminds me of what M and Stu Price did for COADF...again, ahead of time...but in the right direction :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats the thing with Fever though isnt it....it was designed to really make Kylie the hit making factory she was that era....intentional not coincidence. It very much reflected what catchy hooks, the Daft Punk style Eelctro and a Kylie stamp on it.....not a "masterpiece" by how i personally define it...but overall as i say a very solid album.

And i havent seen it yet but apparently they performed Move In The Right Direction...i love Dittos vocal...reminds me a bit of Cyndi Lauper in some ways actually vocally. She has a bitta souuul in there too :cool:

The production on RIght DIrection reminds me of what M and Stu Price did for COADF...again, ahead of time...but in the right direction :cool:

Ahh but in saying that your ignoring what is essentially one of the pop master pieces of the decade designed for sales or not it was still crafted with care and attention to make a great album not just an album to sell like Loud for instance but Pinder we have reached an em passe and must agree to disagree on this occasion :D

And yes i like it when unusual people collaborate like Gossip Xenomania but it works and yeah it was MIMD she sounded great like a sort of electro torch diva owned the stage was brilliant again a nice nasal tone to her voice although had some weird dancers was a bit odd :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MCA1992 wrote: »

I listen to that album and although they were together at the time of recording and the release, so many songs for me are hidden as Pre-Divorce songs, especially Miles away.

She's not me seems as if she is pleading to Guy about other women

Miles away is growing apart

4 Minutes, could she be giving Guy a deadline for their marriage

Give it to me suggests she is asking Guy to well "Give it to me". Maybe he never gave it to her enough

Maybe i am reading well into some songs but i feel Hard candy is so underrated but yet so personal and I am not sure if many people have picked that up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh but in saying that your ignoring what is essentially one of the pop master pieces of the decade designed for sales or not it was still crafted with care and attention to make a great album not just an album to sell like Loud for instance but Pinder we have reached an em passe and must agree to disagree on this occasion :D

And yes i like it when unusual people collaborate like Gossip Xenomania but it works and yeah it was MIMD she sounded great like a sort of electro torch diva owned the stage was brilliant again a nice nasal tone to her voice although had some weird dancers was a bit odd :p

For now i will let it slide :sleep::D

i must check it out...some of my FB feed were talking about it...but seriously "that walrus on stage has glitter on it"...i mean think of something original.

When watching ALAN CARR!! hahaha! :rolleyes: d!cks!

i do hope and would love Madonna to hook up with Ditto it would be really something else. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha as shall i :D :P

And i know would be amazing two amazing females tearing it up
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other person I would love for Madonna to work with is Shirley Manson of Garbage. I read somewhere that they actually met back in the 90's and Madonna recognized her and told her she was amazing. And Shirley of course really admires Madonna. I'm in love with Garbage's new album Not My Kind of People right now.
This discussion has been closed.