Options

Username Silliness (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'ere we go ...

I asked can you tell us when threads get split and how do we go about it. And they said ...
    Hello Dave,
    We generally move threads onto a new part when they reach 3,500-4,000 posts so the Username Silliness thread is long overdue a new part!
    This is a manual process for the moderators so is generally done when we have a bit of downtime.
    As this thread is now quite large, we will be splitting it tonight. Doing so helps keep server load low.

Blimey! Not even fasten your seat belt! :D:D
    Nice to see we kept to our usual style and broke more conventions by going large :cool::cool::cool:

Next time I'll keep an eye on the mail :o:D
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    [/B]

Well they certainly looked as if they had been pulled through a hedge backwards.:eek:

ba dum tissssssssssh :D

i lent that album (songs from the wood) to someone and they never gave it back :mad:
    i lent another album to someone and they left it in their car and when they returned it to me it looked like an elizabethan ruff :mad:
    i still like vinyl though even though it didn't like cars.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like the gentlemen have left us P. Time to break out the port, walnuts and cigars and the smutty jokes.:D

well i made the mistake of posting on facebook earlier asking what i should do with plums....that was a mistake....
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    'ere we go ...

I asked can you tell us when threads get split and how do we go about it. And they said ...
    Hello Dave,
    We generally move threads onto a new part when they reach 3,500-4,000 posts so the Username Silliness thread is long overdue a new part!
    This is a manual process for the moderators so is generally done when we have a bit of downtime.
    As this thread is now quite large, we will be splitting it tonight. Doing so helps keep server load low.

Nice to see we kept to our usual style and broke more conventions by going large :cool::cool::cool:

I am grateful to the Mods. We will be glad of this place come January. In fact if the Jordan/Jim Davidson rumours turn out to be true I may camp out in here all the time. (Shudders)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    planets wrote: »
    well i made the mistake of posting on facebook earlier asking what i should do with plums....that was a mistake....

You real friends are no better than us then? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    'ere we go ...

Hello Dave,

i too like the fact we went LARGE......:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh Poo Dave has noticed his typo. I like the idea of a thread started in 20113. Gives me time to prepare.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You real friends are no better than us then? :)

they appear to be worse :eek:
    perhaps i should decamp here permanently in order to expose myself to civilised conversation?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh Poo Dave has noticed his typo. I like the idea of a thread started in 20113. Gives me time to prepare.

it's ok i managed to preserve the original future start date when i quoted it.....we've still got loads of time to think up witticisms ....:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shouldn't have mentioned it. I'd never had known :D
    perhaps i should decamp here permanently in order to expose myself to civilised conversation?
    Oh right, that's a plan :rolleyes::D
    Me? I'm just a lawnmower. You can tell by the way that I walk ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh right, that's a plan :rolleyes::D

rolling your eyes at me Dave?
    eno, guthrie. anderson.....and others
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Right both

I have to go bye byes. I have a cold and the drugs have kicked in so I need to get to sleep before they wear off. ( Soluble Aspirin in case your minds are boggling)

Night both and apologies to fink fro moving house when his back was turned - again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Right both

I have to go bye byes. I have a cold and the drugs have kicked in so I need to get to sleep before they wear off. ( Soluble Aspirin in case your minds are boggling)

Night both and apologies to fink fro moving house when his back was turned - again!

oh hope you feel better after some sleep An.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nite An.
    Cold aside, it's knackering jumping the ether to part 2 :)
    rolling your eyes at me Dave?
    eno, guthrie. anderson.....and others
    Ah - we'll get to those at some point, but let's do them a bit at a time. I'm not sure any more shocks tonight will do me any good :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nite An.
    Cold aside, it's knackering jumping the ether to part 2 :)

Ah - we'll get to those at some point, but let's do them a bit at a time. I'm not sure any more shocks tonight will do me any good :D

i'll be kind :D
    you asked about sussex earlier....do you know it well?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No secret, I've posted elsewhere, I grew up in Brighton. Sussex was my playground :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No secret, I've posted elsewhere, I grew up in Brighton. Sussex was my playground :D

awh i lived in Brighton when i was little and sort of lived there (was over there so often) in late teens.....many happy memories of daaan saaaf
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much as I love it where I am, I still miss the sea - I'd have moved back years ago except the job kinda drew me logically Midlands way.
    Decided the kids would be better off not growing up in Brighton. Might have ended up like me :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Much as I love it where I am, I still miss the sea - I'd have moved back years ago except the job kinda drew me logically Midlands way.
    Decided the kids would be better off not growing up in Brighton. Might have ended up like me :D

BIB No bad thing...apart from all the Pink Floyd, but i don't think that is geography specific it could happen anywhere :D

i know that feeling about the sea....i am landlocked......

i'm suddenly starving.....bit weird:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB No bad thing...apart from all the Pink Floyd, but i don't think that is geography specific it could happen anywhere :D
    i know that feeling about the sea....i am landlocked......
    Haven't seen waves for nearly a year. Planned several visits, but for one reason or another they didn't happen. Been a sad muppet watching Brighton Beach Patrol, looking for glimpses of all the pubs I know.
    Not the same as a pint of King and Barnes in the hand though :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haven't seen waves for nearly a year. Planned several visits, but for one reason or another they didn't happen. Been a sad muppet watching Brighton Beach Patrol, looking for glimpses of all the pubs I know.
    Not the same as a pint of King and Barnes in the hand though :D:D
    like you haven't seen the sea for ages.....
    there were loads of weird beer names (i didn't drink beer so hard to remember) things like Old Thumper and Badger all about 8 times as strong as normal beer....can't help but love the pavillion just so weird plonked there in brighton!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And that's a good time to end what's been a bit of an eventful night, I think.

Hope Fink's not afraid of the dark ... still he's got 'til 20013 to find us
    Night all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And that's a good time to end what's been a bit of an eventful night, I think.

Hope Fink's not afraid of the dark ... still he's got 'til 20013 to find us
    Night all

night....at least we were here for this move!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *scraping noises, bumps and muffled curses as the furniture is rearranged by stumbling into it in the dark*

Can't find the lights, and nobody's beeen in to sort things out after the warp-jump yesterday :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *scraping noises, bumps and muffled curses as the furniture is rearranged by stumbling into it in the dark*

Can't find the lights, and nobody's beeen in to sort things out after the warp-jump yesterday :D

i tried sorting it out last night but i filled the bin with old puns i found lying around, they were everywhere, i got most of them 'tidied' away, there was no room for any more:(
This discussion has been closed.