Options

Acts of kindess you've received from strangers?

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    GoobyGooby Posts: 1,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind 'Big Society' grand plans. If everyone just did a couple of random acts of kindness each day I'm sure we would all be even happier than we already are!

My work colleague just brought me a cuppa - that counts!
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a bird crap on my forehead and a guy came up to me and gave me a packet of tissues :)
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Many years ago I used to voluntary work with disabled kids. One evening we tooka bunch of kids to a funfair and not long after arriving we noticed a bunch of leather clad, very rough looking bikers watching us. Everywhere we went we'd see them and were getting a little worried.

Eventually the came over and one said "We've been watching what you're doing and think it's great. We've had a whip round so the kids can get some ice cream." He then handed over £30.

They turned out to be a great bunch and later in the car park let the kids sit on their bikes and posed for photos.

It certainly taught me never to judge people by their appearance.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many years ago I used to voluntary work with disabled kids. One evening we tooka bunch of kids to a funfair and not long after arriving we noticed a bunch of leather clad, very rough looking bikers watching us. Everywhere we went we'd see them and were getting a little worried.

Eventually the came over and one said "We've been watching what you're doing and think it's great. We've had a whip round so the kids can get some ice cream." He then handed over £30.

They turned out to be a great bunch and later in the car park let the kids sit on their bikes and posed for photos.

It certainly taught me never to judge people by their appearance.

Ahh what a nice story!
  • Options
    LainiomonkioLainiomonkio Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this thread - makes me feel all squishy! BUMP!!

Let's hear more acts of kindness, please?! x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I posted about this before, but not in this thread.

I had an LG 50 inch Plasma TV bought for me by a well off old guy I used to do some odd jobs for. Just basic stuff, painting and decorating, gardening, shopping etc.sometimes just keeping him and his wife company and chatting. Occasionally fixing the odd problem with his computer, TV or Sky box. He told me this was saving him a £75 call out fee from Comet each time I helped him. I never took any money from him, even though he used to try and offer. One day he told me to research new TVs as he wanted a new, bigger one and I recommended the LG. Gave him all the details of the TV and where to buy it online. A few days later a huge truck arrived at my house with the TV, turns out it was for me as a thank you.I nearly died. No amount of arguing with the old sod would change his mind, he wouldn't let me send it back.

Unfortunately both him and his wife died within a month or so of each other a couple of months later :(
  • Options
    ĐironaĐirona Posts: 15,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this thread - makes me feel all squishy! BUMP!!

Let's hear more acts of kindness, please?! x

i agree a wonderful thread!

those acts are worth their weight in gold in this cruel vindictive world!