Options

Heil Honey, I'm Home

Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've finally seen this legendary piece of television and am I right to believe it was actually an attempt at parodying American sitcoms? Even so, I'm amazed it got made, let alone broadcast, but if it's a piece of mickey taking the US sitcom market I think it did that well.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Yeah it was a mickey take, but it should have really been a couple of minutes sketch on a programme, not a series.
  • Options
    martinamerlotmartinamerlot Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw clips of it years ago and while it parodies the cosiness of typical 50s US sitcoms, the choice of characters is in poor taste. Surprised it got off the ground even then! :eek:
  • Options
    Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndyG05 wrote: »
    Yeah it was a mickey take, but it should have really been a couple of minutes sketch on a programme, not a series.

Agreed. I guess that's why it failed so quickly. If it had been a one off sketch as part of a sketch show it probably would have worked. A lot of people thought Heil Honey was a serious attempt at a sitcom in its own right though.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was made for BSB's Galaxy channel. Was it ever shown in full on there, or any other channel?