Options

Dermot didn't pause long enough?

jamesarthurjamesarthur Posts: 121
Forum Member
I felt a bit of anti climax, i expected him to wait around a minute before saying it, caught me off guard!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    Yeah thought that too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    he put a bet on how long the pause was
  • Options
    jwren12002jwren12002 Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    I felt a bit of anti climax, i expected him to wait around a minute before saying it, caught me off guard!

And there was you saying there was too much negativity! If you can't beat em, join em?
  • Options
    dixie_whiskeydixie_whiskey Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    They were worried Chris would storm the stage.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long did you want the pause to be? How about a 10 minute pause then Nicole does some stripping whilst we are waiting.
  • Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought that too! Last year seemed much much longer..but that might be because I loved Little Mix and was at the edge of my seat lol!
  • Options
    bigbri1805bigbri1805 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    One of the producers probably had a nice little bet on how long the pause would be.

Odds of one that short would have been a nice little earner. lol
  • Options
    JackkJackk Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    The winner's pauses are usually around 20-22 seconds from what I remember. Did seem shorter than usual but long enough.

It was the absence of the whole dramatic music (using that Nero track, whilst nice, wasn't tense enough) and the 'it's time for the result' and spotlights that made it anti-climatic. There was less of a build up than usual.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seemed as long as ever to me. I think what made it seem quick was that they went straight into the result from a break. Usually, theres some kind of segment building into them going onto the stage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    It was apparently 23 secons according to Tom Daley :D
  • Options
    JackkJackk Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Just watched it back...was 21 seconds. So same as normal, definitely seemed shorter though so I think what I said was right, the build up wasn't long enough.

He went straight into announcing it too...there wasn't any 'from the 100's of thousands that applied, weeks of auditions bla bla bla' etc.
  • Options
    HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were worried Chris would storm the stage.

It should've been MEEEE! MEEEE! :D