Tonight was the best example so far that Speidi treat this as a gameshow

JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
Forum Member
✭✭
Tonight was masterful, they're trolling the other all so serious and boring hms with their antics. At exactly the right moments Speidi can be ultra serious or laugh when the time calls for it.

They are versatile and can use mindgames("we want to win") or also use flattery against their rivals ("rylan you have so much support out there"). It's just so fun watching them run rings around the other hms. None of them can figure them out, which is an advantage and infact all getting quite wound up by them.

Now of course thats not to say they will win because parts of the audience aren't gonna get it but for those that do and like that sort of thing its been a very good watch!

Comments

• dixie_whiskeydixie_whiskey Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    They're brilliant
  • changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    Tonight was masterful, they're trolling the other all so serious and boring hms with their antics. At exactly the right moments Speidi can be ultra serious or laugh when the time calls for it.

They are versatile and can use mindgames("we want to win") or also use flattery against their rivals ("rylan you have so much support out there"). It's just so fun watching them run rings around the other hms. None of them can figure them out, which is an advantage and infact all getting quite wound up by them.

Now of course thats not to say they will win because parts of the audience aren't gonna get it but for those that do and like that sort of thing its been a very good watch!

Exactly right.

They're masterful at keeping the others on the backfoot all the time. So good to watch :D
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it boring now, the same old script over and over again.
  • ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member
    Tonight ep was so funny.
    The other housemates were either worrying (the girls) or sucking up after getting caught cheating (Ryan/Razor) ... and Spiedi were just laughing at them and partying like it's 1999 :D
    Trolling at it's finest !!!
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are brilliant. By far my favourite HMs.
  • DevonDevon Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but it is a gameshow ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Speidi to win all the way
  • NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They just make me smile, so funny.
  • Rosie50Rosie50 Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Devon wrote: »
    but it is a gameshow ?
    I thought there was a differance between a reality and game show as in , Im a Celeb get me out of here (Reality)Family Fortunes game show perhaps Ive missed something (which I could have as ive just picked my pension up is that a sign of things to come or am I watching to much CBB :o
  • BaconAndEggsBaconAndEggs Posts: 9,526
    Forum Member
    I agree they are playing a game, and are very good at it but imagine a football match where only one side turns up to play....... And that one side Actually decides to kick off and play the game:confused:. It kind of feels like that to me. And i don't think their trying to win the game but get red carded. Pet peeve of mine, can't stand hm's wanting to leave but staying only for the dosh. A few arguments does not a good housemate, make.
  • carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosie50 wrote: »
    I thought there was a differance between a reality and game show as in , Im a Celeb get me out of here (Reality)Family Fortunes game show perhaps Ive missed something (which I could have as ive just picked my pension up is that a sign of things to come or am I watching to much CBB :o

The way I see it is:
    Reality = real people in real situations.
    Scripted Reality = crap.
    Reality Gameshow = something with votes and a winner.
  • cherrytops(82)cherrytops(82) Posts: 3,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a game show....
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IT is and always has and always will be a GAME
  • schmoozerschmoozer Posts: 2,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ultros wrote: »
    Tonight ep was so funny.
    The other housemates were either worrying (the girls) or sucking up after getting caught cheating (Ryan/Razor) ... and Spiedi were just laughing at them and partying like it's 1999 :D

Sorry - Trolling at it's most unimaginative, obvious and dull. Zero entertainment as far as I'm concerned. it seemed to me that most of the housemates can't even be bothered to engage with the tripe they spout.

And it is hardly rocket science to realise it is a gameshow. BB contestants have been pointing that out since BB2
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I think they're brilliant. They make no bones about the fact and are quite open to the other housemates about seeing it as a game and are honest about employing tactics to win. This is frying the brains of 'trying to be humble, look what a nice person I am' housemates, because this has not happened before. You are supposed to compete 'honestly by being 'dishonest' about what your real tactics are, i.e. with this lot it's about being all nicey nicey to each othr to avoid eviction and not to reveal what they REALLY think at all costs.. :yawn: They can't even accuse them of playing a game (the usual tactic they employ to try to get people thrown out) because Speidi admit they are playing a game.

So their lame excuse and the only one left to them is that they are 'scared' of them..:rolleyes:. Scared? Speidi are so laid back they're almost horiontal. :pNo mention of Razor's behaviour of course..threatening to thump Spencer and calling him a c**t. No judgement there of course because he's part of their clique. Pathetic...
  • BadmkBadmk Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    schmoozer wrote: »
    Sorry - Trolling at it's most unimaginative, obvious and dull. Zero entertainment as far as I'm concerned. it seemed to me that most of the housemates can't even be bothered to engage with the tripe they spout.

And it is hardly rocket science to realise it is a gameshow. BB contestants have been pointing that out since BB2

BB1 actually 'its only a gameshow!'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badmk wrote: »
    BB1 actually 'its only a gameshow!'

Oh right, I thought it was the following year. The first lot seemed to take noms very seriously, Still - if you say so. Anyway, I hardly think Speidi win prizes for insight and originality. Some subtlety would be far more interesting.
  • BaconAndEggsBaconAndEggs Posts: 9,526
    Forum Member
    Popularity Contest, Not a Gameshow imo.

On the basis that most of them are in their just trying to be themselves.
  • momoriromomoriro Posts: 2,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're brilliant. They make no bones about the fact and are quite open to the other housemates about seeing it as a game and are honest about employing tactics to win. This is frying the brains of 'trying to be humble, look what a nice person I am' housemates, because this has not happened before. You are supposed to compete 'honestly by being 'dishonest' about what your real tactics are, i.e. with this lot it's about being all nicey nicey to each othr to avoid eviction and not to reveal what they REALLY think at all costs.. :yawn: They can't even accuse them of playing a game (the usual tactic they employ to try to get people thrown out) because Speidi admit they are playing a game.

So their lame excuse and the only one left to them is that they are 'scared' of them..:rolleyes:. Scared? Speidi are so laid back they're almost horiontal. :pNo mention of Razor's behaviour of course..threatening to thump Spencer and calling him a c**t. No judgement there of course because he's part of their clique. Pathetic...

Aint that the truth!:D
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They basically have made the show and especially tonight's episode :D
  • gemsmummygemsmummy Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »

There is nothing versatile about them, as for using mindgames, forget it. This crap they spew about 'we want to win', then saying the want to be evicted, all they are doing is covering themselves from all angles. Once evicted, they will sprout that this is what they wanted and the 'we will win' comments were to make the public hate them. They are not clever enough to play mindgames, they are to wrapped up in themselves. The worrying thing about these two is they have no friends, she lost all her's when she took up with him, he never had any, says alot about them and it is'nt good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gemsmummy wrote: »
    There is nothing versatile about them, as for using mindgames, forget it. This crap they spew about 'we want to win', then saying the want to be evicted, all they are doing is covering themselves from all angles. Once evicted, they will sprout that this is what they wanted and the 'we will win' comments were to make the public hate them. They are not clever enough to play mindgames, they are to wrapped up in themselves. The worrying thing about these two is they have no friends, she lost all her's when she took up with him, he never had any, says alot about them and it is'nt good.

Completely agree. Their 'clever tactics' seem 1 dimensional to me.
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We know they are treating it as a gameshow, that is what they do. It is how they go about it that is horrible. Previous housemates who were open about it, i.e. Victor and Jason were disliked for it and they were angels compared to this vile pair. I don't find their constant nastiness entertaining. I'm all for the drama but for gods sake, they are just boring now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    ultros wrote: »
    Tonight ep was so funny.

Loving it ... as they say 'they know the game' and are playing it to the max... puts the other housemates to shame cos it is just a gameshow! :D:D
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    18 nominations out of 18 implies they're not playing the other housemates very well.