Chelsea Supporters Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big blow, not 100% convinced by Schwarzer. Lack of an away goal could be our downfall as well IMO. They get one lucky goal at the bridge and we could be crashing out.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dend wrote: »
    Big blow, not 100% convinced by Schwarzer. Lack of an away goal could be our downfall as well IMO. They get one lucky goal at the bridge and we could be crashing out.

Why ? we were all happy about him being backup for us when we signed him and now suddenly he isn't good enough ? he did nothing wrong tonight and looked very commanding.
  • SazzybluegirlSazzybluegirl Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Jose's confirmed that Cech is out for the rest of the season :(

This is just the worst news. Poor Chec.

Not a bad result just hope all our other injured players are back for next Wednesday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great defensive display from us, obviously would have liked a goal and if it wasn't for being so poor on the counter today we may have.

Let's hope we can finish the job at the Bridge.
  • denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    Why ? we were all happy about him being backup for us when we signed him and now suddenly he isn't good enough ? he did nothing wrong tonight and looked very commanding.

Hes better than Hilario, but i dont fancy having to use him till the end of the season when we are playing in a CL semi and possibly final, never mind pretty much a cup final against Liverpool at the weekend.
  • carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,031
    Forum Member
    I would have settled for that before the kick-off tonight. An away goal would have been nice, but I fancy our chances at the Bridge.

Me too, it's a decent result. At least any kind of win will be good enough next week, and we're not having to claw back a deficit like we were against PSG.

Shame about the injuries and suspensions though. Luiz will be needed in midfield again next week with Lamps and Mikel suspended, so I guess we'll be looking at playing Ivanovic at CB seeing as Terry's been ruled out.

I'd rest key players in the Liverpool game, the title's gone now. Need to give ourselves the best chance of progressing to the final.
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do enjoy hearing from fans of other clubs who are not in the Champions League and who hate Chelsea demand we entertain them

We have won more knock-out games in Europe in the last 3 years then then the whole of the teams in England combined. Even if we go out in the next leg that will remain and I willing to bet next season it will stay the same
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too, it's a decent result. At least any kind of win will be good enough next week, and we're not having to claw back a deficit like we were against PSG.

Shame about the injuries and suspensions though. Luiz will be needed in midfield again next week with Lamps and Mikel suspended, so I guess we'll be looking at playing Ivanovic at CB seeing as Terry's been ruled out.

I'd rest key players in the Liverpool game, the title's gone now. Need to give ourselves the best chance of progressing to the final.

Am really looking forward to hearing from the idiots in the media and the phone in's after the line-up comes out for the Liverpool game.

They are actually going to blow themselves up
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very happy with the performance and result is ok.
    It's now clear cut, any sort of win and we are thru. Nothing else.

I would play the suspended players against Liverpool and just mix and match the rest.
    Titles gone so everything us on next Weds.
    Forum Member
    The_don1 wrote: »
    I do enjoy hearing from fans of other clubs who are not in the Champions League and who hate Chelsea demand we entertain them

We have won more knock-out games in Europe in the last 3 years then then the whole of the teams in England combined. Even if we go out in the next leg that will remain and I willing to bet next season it will stay the same

I hadn't even looked in the match thread before you posted that, but just knew it'd be full of the usual numpties criticising us. Have to laugh at the predictable bitter comments. ;-)
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Ake and Kalas will probably start the weekend. How many others do we have with us who can step in?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hadn't even looked in the match thread before you posted that, but just knew it'd be full of the usual numpties criticising us. Have to laugh at the predictable bitter comments. ;-)

People know how Chelsea was going to play and yet still watched it. Its like me going to the cinema and watch a Rom-Com, I cannot not stand them so would not do it.

The only logical reason to watch it is so they can complain about it, Says quite a lot about them I think
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair it's mainly Liverpool fans who complain probably cos they hate Jose. Fair enough but why bother watching.

On Sunday I would not risk Luiz, Hazard, Oscar and maybe Cahill.
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Ake and Kalas will probably start the weekend. How many others do we have with us who can step in?

Dunno. Maybe give Hilario a run-out upfront? Considering the lack of goals in away games from our strikers we'd probably be no worse off anyway. :D
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nooooooooooooooo!! As a Utd fan watching the league slip away on goal difference on the last day of the season in the dying seconds of a game. It so not over.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Terry won't play again this season unless we reach the final.

These final few weeks are turning into a right bitch >:(
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    People know how Chelsea was going to play and yet still watched it. Its like me going to the cinema and watch a Rom-Com, I cannot not stand them so would not do it.

The only logical reason to watch it is so they can complain about it, Says quite a lot about them I think

I paid one visit to that thread, saw what some of the half-wits were posting and didn't bother again. Unless they were all mental patients, who are not allowed anywhere near a remote, why carry on watching ? Some very strange people on DS.
    Forum Member
    The team for next week almost picks itself:

Schwarzer
    Azpi, Ivanovic, Cahill, Cole
    Ramires, Luiz
    Willian, Oscar, Hazard (Schurrle)
    Eto'o (Torres / Ba)

I would think Hazard will be available by then, seeing as he's at least back in training. Not sure on the state of play with Eto'o?
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I paid one visit to that thread, saw what some of the half-wits were posting and didn't bother again. Unless they were all mental patients, who are not allowed anywhere near a remote, why carry on watching ? Some very strange people on DS.

Some people don`t expect to fall asleep during a European Cup semi final.

Nothing against Chelsea, but people don`t expect to see `nineteenth century football` at this level of European competition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dub2 wrote: »

Nothing against Chelsea, but people don`t expect to see `nineteenth century football` at this level of European competition.

Tough. No team is the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    To be fair it's mainly Liverpool fans who complain probably cos they hate Jose. Fair enough but why bother watching.

On Sunday I would not risk Luiz, Hazard, Oscar and maybe Cahill.

I don't know, i think if Hazard is fit i would give him a run out. Get him some match fitness.
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    Tough. No team is the same.

True enough. Your lads just happen to be the most expensively assembled `park the bus` team in football history.:D

Atletico Madrid aren`t much better. But then they have spent less in the last ten years than Chelsea have spent this season alone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But according to many people on here Chelsea play that style every week, if that's true why the surprise when they do it?

I expected Chelsea to play a defensive style and they did. I expected today today to be Wednesday when I woke up and it was I am not going to start to complain about it
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't even know what that means. Just guessing, but I would have thought football in the nineteenth century was probably open, end-to-end stuff ? :)

Mourinho's job was to find the best way of us progressing into the final. Given the lack of productive strikers in the squad, he set up his team accordingly. The result has given us a chance in the second leg. A glorious defeat playing exciting football might have left viewers happy, but that's not Jose's brief as a manager.

Besides, I don't find those type of games boring. It may not have been very entertaining for neutrals, but for Chelsea fans it was edge-of-the-seat stuff. I would venture to say that it was more exciting than watching us beat some no-hopers 6-0.
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So that makes me ''bitter'' then!:confused:

We now have the entire Spanish media saying we were a disgrace last night.:(
    Roman must be very pleased to see us become a turn off and the worlds most hated boring team:p.
    I'll say it now, even if we win the CL, if Jose continues with this truly dire crap next season, then he will be a gonner!

You can't be a proper football fan if all you care about is the result and do not care how your team goes about it! It's like all you watch a game for is to see your team score a goal then clap at the end when you've won. What happens during the 99% of the 90 mins means nothing to you.:( To support this means your are just Chelsea fans, rather proper football fans!:(
    Jose doesn't give a stuff about football and sadly he's never going to change!

On another note. If Costa is valued at 50 million then Suarez should be worth 250 million. I'd rather stick with what we've got and wait for someone better, than fork out all that money for such an ordinary looking player.
This discussion has been closed.