EastEnders - What are your views on Julie Perkins?

I did It First!I did It First! Posts: 528
Forum Member
✭✭
I must say I really like this character. She is totally different to anyone else in soap right now and when Roxy emptied out her bag in the pub to reveal the food she had stolen I felt so sorry for her which is strange to feel like this about a new character so early on.

I love the actress as well.

Comments

• polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think she'd be a really interesting character to develop. it'd be nice for her and billy to get together and perhaps have a windfall meaning they could settle down with jay etc
  • Guido9Guido9 Posts: 3,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose we've seen a few of her diminutive, downtrodden types in EE throughout the fairly recent and also distant past (Danielle, Little Mo., Donna) - with a chequered past to match and who seem to like to put themselves down or sell themselves short.......but like the OP says, it is kinda refreshing to have a character such as Julie Perkins in the show at the mo. with just about all the other females in the show being either lookers who know it, loud mouths who think know it all, spiteful types (Janine....) or show offs! Although JP does nothing for me at all really, I suppose the show does need it's more ordinary, plain jane characters present from time to time. I don't think this character will bring much to the show though in all honesty, it's just to give Billy Mitchell another dimension possibly rather than consigning him to the EE exit that's always been a possibility for some time now........
  • April DancerApril Dancer Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    She was better as Tilly...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she made me gag using the slaters loo...i don't want to think about poor digestion.

But she seems sweet and poor. The next Laura but not as pathetic
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes alright s'pose.

SHes not exactly blown my mind even as a plain jane character. I think she has potential if they explore the background properly but knowing my faith in the writers over the past few years she will either

a) steal everything Billy has (not much there!) and do a runner
    b) die and leave Billy alone and msierable again
    c) find out shes a psycho that wants Billy dead
    d) She and her son actually already know each other and want to get back at Billy - revenge
    e) SWF so Julie morphs into Billy (she already has teh forehead ;))
  • MuckozMuckoz Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    The_abbott wrote: »
    Shes alright s'pose.

SHes not exactly blown my mind even as a plain jane character. I think she has potential if they explore the background properly but knowing my faith in the writers over the past few years she will either

a) steal everything Billy has (not much there!) and do a runner
    b) die and leave Billy alone and msierable again
    c) find out shes a psycho that wants Billy dead
    d) She and her son actually already know each other and want to get back at Billy - revenge
    e) SWF so Julie morphs into Billy (she already has teh forehead ;))

very bad jokes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's with Silly Billy, can't say I'm interested.....
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's too scummy
  • Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    She certainly puts the capital T in Trash!! but I think that's why I like her.
  • pcombopcombo Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    I cant stand her, I Cannot wait till she leaves - Hopefully soon.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the comments here are abit snooty. In reality EE has become abit 'babe-centric' for my liking. EE, though a soap, should retain some of its rawness.I think she's got potential, she's a grower, not a shower! And I loved the way she stuck out like a sore thumb at the wedding with that white top which threatened to bury her face! Up with the character actors!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I sort of liked her at first but she's really not doing it for me at the minute. She's just such a disgusting character. I feel like she should be in Corrie rather than EE.
  • JamieRoss1988JamieRoss1988 Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She kinda reminds me of Rosie Miller with the trashiness.

Btw has Julie been in EE before, as another character?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's the one I missed off my "apologetic looking EE characters of the past with a similar trait" list in my earlier post, Rosie Miller! Yes, Julie does look very familiar and I swear I've seen her in something before, just can't think what it was, unless the actress just has a "looky-like"
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    big come down from his last partner!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    big come down from his last partner!

A gigantic one in all honesty! :eek:
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i find her a bit odd..and still calling someone "skid mark" is a bit disrespectful...and i dont get why she took those shoes especially in the way she did it and leaving her ones behind..just too weird for me..and what did she get arrested for? stealing?
  • polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i find her a bit odd..and still calling someone "skid mark" is a bit disrespectful...and i dont get why she took those shoes especially in the way she did it and leaving her ones behind..just too weird for me..and what did she get arrested for? stealing?

i did think "why?" when she did that. she could have put the shoes in that bin bag with the food!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guido9 wrote: »
    That's the one I missed off my "apologetic looking EE characters of the past with a similar trait" list in my earlier post, Rosie Miller! Yes, Julie does look very familiar and I swear I've seen her in something before, just can't think what it was, unless the actress just has a "looky-like"

The actress was in Shameless apparently, though I can't remember her.

She was the mother of Demi Millers baby's father.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She showed Billy her ankle "bracelet" but I don`t remember her saying why she got it, did I miss that?
    Why do we need another petty criminal, there is so much dishonesty in EE.
    I must live a very sheltered life but I don`t, know so many crooks, and we live on a council estate so I am working class,
  • anirose26anirose26 Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mr muggles wrote: »
    Some of the comments here are abit snooty. In reality EE has become abit 'babe-centric' for my liking. EE, though a soap, should retain some of its rawness.I think she's got potential, she's a grower, not a shower! And I loved the way she stuck out like a sore thumb at the wedding with that white top which threatened to bury her face! Up with the character actors!

why i agree with you on most of the things?;) I too like her. And i like the scene when she was so embarrased and ran out the vic and billy asked "are your feet cold?". I thought it was so sweet of billy,he didn't ask anything else about stealing at that time. He just asked this question. I liked that. But i don't get why so many people are hating her and saying she is disgusting. She is also human being and no one is perfect. I like to see more of them.
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Skank!
  • anirose26anirose26 Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazellis wrote: »
    Skank!

You are still watching eastenders then. :eek:
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are your views on Julie Perkins?

Who?

Edit: Oh you mean the tramp that Billy's been hanging out with? Sorry, no views.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's with Silly Billy, can't say I'm interested.....

What have I done? :(

:D