fargo

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,160
Forum Member
✭✭✭
before it started it claimed it was true. There is no way in the world that is true!

Comments

• BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,548
    Forum Member
    I was confused about that :confused:

I'm going to have a Google.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    It's a joke from the original film, it says it's based on real events, but it isn't actually...
    Forum Member
    It's a joke from the original film, it says it's based on real events, but it isn't actually...

I have never watched the film :blush:

Meant to say I really enjoyed this. May even watch the film.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FYI: there's a thread on this in the TV: US Shows section. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    FYI: there's a thread on this in the TV: US Shows section. :)

yeah I suppose it would be US .... :blush:

Thanks ;-)
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's in the US tv section.
    But just a heads-up to people who don't go there..I've just watched the first episode, don't miss it...terrific.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I watched it too.
    It actually felt like I was watching a film rather than a TV show.

Isn't there a UK pace thread for it?
    Because I came on here thinking that people would be discussing it on a thread here, but I don't want to go to a US pace thread where there are inevitably going to be spoilers.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    Yes, there is a Channel 4 pace thread.
  • catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great programme, so gloriously OTT. Just think of something absolutely incredible that couldn't possibly happen - and it does! Also Martin Freeman having the time of his life having slipped the straightjacket of Dr Watson :o
    Forum Member
    Great programme, so gloriously OTT. Just think of something absolutely incredible that couldn't possibly happen - and it does! Also Martin Freeman having the time of his life:o

That is so true. Loved when MF hit his wife on the head :D:blush:

Looking forward to the next episode.
  • dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was brilliant,as good as the film,if not better.The murders came totally unexpected.Black humour at its very best.hope the rest keep up this cracking pace.
  • Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it, I'm into it already. Love offbeat stuff but as successful as Martin Freeman is I always think he would be suited to a kids tv show dressed in purple dungarees with his name on them lol. He looks like a toy that's come to life to me for some reason :D. Billy Bob god bless him he's awesome.
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pob-Bundy wrote: »
    I loved it, I'm into it already. Love offbeat stuff but as successful as Martin Freeman is I always think he would be suited to a kids tv show dressed in purple dungarees with his name on them lol. He looks like a toy that's come to life to me for some reason :D. Billy Bob god bless him he's awesome.

That's what makes Martin Freeman perfect for the part.
  • CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As usual thornton is unrecognisable, and you have look twice to make sure it's him.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pob-Bundy wrote: »

I loved BBT in The Man Who Wasn't There !!
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was a mistake to call it "Fargo". Today, I've been recommending the tv series to friends and work colleagues and they all appeared to think it was just a tv remake of the movie.
    Hopefully people will get word of it and give it a try. I thought it was great, easily the best programme on tv over Easter.

Excellent review from The Independent..
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/reviews/fargo-tv-review-martin-freemans-casting-is-a-stroke-of-genius-9272328.html
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    I loved BBT in The Man Who Wasn't There !!

If anybody likes Fargo then I'd recommend catching up on all the Coen bros films.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the film so I'm gonna give the series a go. First episode was quite enjoyable, I loved when BBT told the kid to piss in the ladies gas tank and then he phoned the office to tell her and she caught him. Haha, too funny. :D
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    I saw the film in the 90s & enjoyed it.

I watched this version on Channel 4 and I loved it!

I can't wait for sunday.

Why do small, skinny men make such good psychopathic characters?
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, thought I'd really like it but it left me cold. Don't think I'll bother with Episode 2.