Katie now become even more hated than Maurel?

Comments

• oceaniaoceania Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Katie and love Katie & Declan together. Do not like what they are doing to the character at the minute but hopefully this will turn around in a couple of weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Katie has been turned into a bitch just so Blackburn and friends can justify
    throwing her down a mineshaft in a few weeks time.

Laurel and Marlon are just wrong.
  • sleysley Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Adam1920 wrote: »

Is this a joke ?????ABOUT Katie
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sley wrote: »
    Is this a joke ?????ABOUT Katie

No it's not a joke.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oceania wrote: »
    I like Katie and love Katie & Declan together. Do not like what they are doing to the character at the minute but hopefully this will turn around in a couple of weeks.

This is my opinion too. I like them but not the character changes. Hope they change it back to normal.
  • DuchessKittyDuchessKitty Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why couldn't it be Maurel taking a tumble?
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,375
    Forum Member
    Why couldn't it be Maurel taking a tumble?

Cause then we wouldnt have scenes of them, fawning all over each other like they're thebest thing since sliced bread. :rolleyes:;)
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sammy Winward has said she's really enjoying playing a bitchier Katie, and why not? After all,most actors love playing a baddie or a bitch at some point in their career.
    But i certainly wouldn't like to see Katie be a bad girl for too long. She now has no female friends left, and that won't do for someone like Katie. She's not like Cain, who doesn't do friendships.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    She seems to have lost the ability to see anything wrong or hypocritical in her own actions. She set up Robbie up because she thought she was acting for the best. And yet she berates Gennie for her actions when she thought she was doing it for the best.

I feel we also got to the crux of her problem: it was never about being scared of Robbie, it was always to get at Megan and prove she wasn't a bimbo. Hmmmm
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hitler wasn't hated as much as Maurel.
    Maurel?

Why so? Couples break up and form all the time. I can't understand the hatred for this pair:confused::mad:
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    She has really been getting on my nerves lately and I am glad Gennie has addressed the fact that - she has - infact fallen in love with herself, and become quite selfish. She thinks she is lady of the manner... purrrlease.
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shes yet another victim of stuart blackburns assasination of decent characters theme.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Maurel?

Why so? Couples break up and form all the time. I can't understand the hatred for this pair:confused::mad:

nor me...they are no more likeable nor annoying then any other couple in a soap.

but she did suit ashley well, sb should never have split them, its as if hes on a quest to destroy all the normal, likable characters on ed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »

I can't speak for anyone else but they turn my stomach.
    Both the actors overact when they are in scenes together and the scriptwriters haven't helped by throwing them together the way they did, turning a vicar into a man who beats his own father so they could justify Laurel wanting a divorce at the end of it and running straight to Marlon.

Ashley and Laurel were once a couple who could survive anything, a cot death, Sally the nutter but in the end their marriage couldn't survive Marlon the drip:rolleyes:
  • TheGreenManTheGreenMan Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One point about Katie and the CCTV incident.

How many times did she ask Declan to deal with the creepy Robbie and how many times did he get another chance?

Driven to desperate measures perhaps?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One point about Katie and the CCTV incident.

How many times did she ask Declan to deal with the creepy Robbie and how many times did he get another chance?

Driven to desperate measures perhaps?

agreed. he was creeping her out, he was perving on her, i dont blame her at all for facilitating his demise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was only a few months ago when i posted, and the answer seemed to no she isn't.
    But since then, strong dislike has grown to real hatred, the kind of which Maurel never came close to getting. Everything, from wanting to see Katie flogged and beaten with a Baseball bat to being shot in the head or tied up in the boot of a car and then tip the car over a cliff.

I have a sense of humour and found the extreme abuse she recieved last week after her appalling behaviour the day of the christening, very amusing.
    But generally, it's not nice seeing a character you like become so hated, but this is Soapworld and some characters are hated. When it's the turn of one you like you just have to accept that or stay away from the forum.

So do you now hate her even more than Maurel?
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only person I hate more than Maurel is DEBBIE :mad:

Katie I'm just perplexed by e.g. why is she talking as if she can never have children when her chances have been reduced not eradicated altogether?! Why is she effectively taking it out on Declan and cosying up to her ex? etc etc etc.
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, still hate Maurel the most :D
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    No, still hate Maurel the most :D

More than Debbie?! :eek:

I'd watch Maurel on a loop before I'd willingly watch Debbie at the moment! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »

Katie I'm just perplexed by e.g. why is she talking as if she can never have children when her chances have been reduced not eradicated altogether?! Why is she effectively taking it out on Declan and cosying up to her ex? etc etc etc.

Sadly, it seems that the damage to her has gone so far now all the 'why's' don't matter anymore.
    I genuinely fear that Sammy Winward will end up paying the price for this shambles of a story and character assassination.:(:mad:
    She's not become a love to hate character, just a pure hated one who people want to see the back of. You only have to see the likes of Kwynne to see that, and that's from someone who liked her not too long ago.
    I watched the show at my mums last night, and she knows how much i like Katie/Sammy:o and she has never had a problem with Katie as a character, but even she said good riddance last night.:eek::mad::D [mum can do her own gardening from now on:p:D]
    Debbie is just as hated, but she's safe because she's a Dingle, and they don't axe them do they.:p

When Katie returns there will be groans, and characters like that are bad for a show. Criminally bad, unsympathetic writing, but the one who gets the stick is the one who's the face for it.:mad:
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still forward it through Maurel's scenes and no matter how much she tries to glam up, it doesn't work. Why has she stopped wearing her hair up and what's with all the make up? She isn't a patch on Donna or Trisha, sorry it had to be said.

Whilst she was Ashley's wife she never once annoyed me, now she does and now she gets forwarded as I cannot be bothered with watching her.

Marlon is OK as long as his scenes aren't with her :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »

Marlon is OK as long as his scenes aren't with her :D

Or when he's with Paddy acting like a 5 year old.
    So basically, Marlon is OK when he's on his own not speaking or doing anything.:p
  • ParoFlameParoFlame Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Katie and I don't hate Marlon & Laurel, I just don't enjoy watching them together.
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    More than Debbie?! :eek:

I'd watch Maurel on a loop before I'd willingly watch Debbie at the moment! :D

Hmmm, that IS a tricky one.