Options

NOOOOO! The Americans are Going to get Series 6 at the same time as us!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And when, pray tell, was the last time one of our main TV stations got a popular US drama close to transmission without paying through the a** for it? :mad:

US-networks are VERY tight-fisted with their programming - Sky are the only people over here that have recently had anywhere close to big US dramas airing at the same time as America - most notably one season of 24 - and if I'm not wrong, they only got that because of their links to Fox, and no doubt a big cash settlement!

BBC America should be out on its own, not calling in favours from mummy to survive. There is no justification for essentially gifting America a channel! Remember, ABC1 in this country failed because the American ABC weren't willing to put ANY up-to-date content on it... how is this any different?

wahh wahh :cry:
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    And when, pray tell,...

Well, seeing as this silly thread has been resurrected...:D

"And what/when, pray tell..." brings me out in a rash. When people say this in real life I hear my internal voice doing a Tony Hancock "Are you looking for a punch up the bracket?" (:o not that I would, of course. I agree with The Doctor about peace and love and everything (and, er, jocular quips about acid bath plunges).) Has, pray tell, anyone ever told you that it's a needlessly antagonistic way of saying something? Especially when what follows is a load of tosh. (sorry to be harsh myself, but it was.)

And, on topic, glad that Americans can see the show roughly same time as us. Will make a welcome change from "I Love Lucy" reruns for them. :)
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    Well, seeing as this silly thread has been resurrected...:D

"And what/when, pray tell..." brings me out in a rash. When people say this in real life I hear my internal voice doing a Tony Hancock "Are you looking for a punch up the bracket?" (:o not that I would, of course. I agree with The Doctor about peace and love and everything (and, er, jocular quips about acid bath plunges).) Has, pray tell, anyone ever told you that it's a needlessly antagonistic way of saying something? Especially when what follows is a load of tosh. (sorry to be harsh myself, but it was.)

'Tis a bit like jutting your jaw into somebody's personal space, isn't it? :D