Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    It's strange that Chrissie was always allowed to wear a much shorter skirt than anybody else :)
    Forum Member

Talking about sudden departures, what ever happened to Jean Vernon? Did we ever get an answer to her departure?

No, I don't think we did

We went through the entire 692 episodes being short of Doctors, Social Workers, Teachers and Probation Officers !
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's strange that Chrissie was always allowed to wear a much shorter skirt than anybody else :)

The producers probably knew that Amanda was sexier than the rest, so they most likely used her to try and draw in the male viewers.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite characters are

Lou Kelly
    Joan Ferguson
    Rita Connors
    Bobbie Mitchell
    Lexie Patterson

Bobbie Mitchell was incredibly well played, especially for such a young actress. And so endearing.

Gerda Nicolson was exceptional as Governor Ann Reynolds.
    Had she been in a Hollywood movie she probably would have won an Oscar.

Personally, I don't like Bea, Lizzy or Doreen! I hate them. I find them both horrible and annoying.

I like Bobbie Mitchell too, she had a very nice ending too.
    I did not like Myra beating her up though. Also liked

Sandy
    Mouse
    Lou Kelly
    Alice
    Julie Egbert
    Ann Reynolds
    Cass
    Reb
    The Yorkshire man who was prison guard.
    Po-Face
    Pixie
    Judy
    Meg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    Yeah a few more return stints would've been excellent - trying to seduce Len Murphy, stirring in between Kath and Rita. I do like her final scene though - kicking and screaming dragged to the car.

I would have loved for Chrissie to have met Kath, i just don't think they would have got on at all and there would have been fireworks:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Withiout having to read through all 11 pages and having just found this thread, can I please ask a question. Apologies if it has been asked and answered many times before but -

Is there any chance of this returning to our screens on any channel, even if it just in the insomniac hours?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    Withiout having to read through all 11 pages and having just found this thread, can I please ask a question. Apologies if it has been asked and answered many times before but -

Is there any chance of this returning to our screens on any channel, even if it just in the insomniac hours?

Unless there's enough demand/requests for it, I doubt it. It's all about how much money they can make from adverts. None of the advert dependent channels might need it as a night time filler. I doubt it won't be screened for a LONG time. Thing is, they'll know that loads of people/fans will have gotten DVDs of this soap, so this will also go against screening it again. The last time they screened this the Internet was quite new (as far as broadband went). I don't think there's the demand for it.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trying to seduce Len Murphy,
    eww give Chrissie some credit!
    also for it to be shown again in UK they would have to pay all the cast and crew residuals as it would be the 3rd showing and their contracts mean they would need to be paid..how much money exactly this adds to the mix..I dont know
    Forum Member

also for it to be shown again in UK they would have to pay all the cast and crew residuals as it would be the 3rd showing and their contracts mean they would need to be paid..how much money exactly this adds to the mix..I dont know

For those wanting a repeat it seems to be coming down to the DVD releases, boxset or Youtube
  • Wozza20Wozza20 Posts: 2,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There have been quite a few occassions where talk of an Aussie channel could start up - unfortunately, this has never happened.

If it does, I believe this to now be the best chance of a repeat. There were rumours surrounding 5* that they could repeat the show, but this has since died down too...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would so love an australian channel that could show not just soaps and dramas..but all their tv shows...the only problem is I would probably watch it non-stop lol

and th 5* rumour was just made up by someone on here and people for some reason went with it
    Forum Member
    I would so love an australian channel that could show not just soaps and dramas..but all their tv shows...

I'd probably draw the line at Skippy to be honest :)
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    The producers probably knew that Amanda was sexier than the rest, so they most likely used her to try and draw in the male viewers.

Chrissy had nice legs. But Marilyn Mason (the prostitute) was better looking. One of the best looking from the entire series, in my opinion.
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a new series of Prisoner.

Filmed in a disused prison, with hand held style camera work. It would be darker and edgier.
    It would 'push the envelope' in regards to content and themes just as the original did.

It wouldn't focus nearly as much on the goody two shoes characters as the original did. So no nausiating moralising from characters such as Bea Smith or Myra Desmond.
    (It would not have the anti drugs message of the original)

It would mainly focus on Joan Ferguson / Lou Kelly type characters scheming against eachother.

Think a female version of HBO's Oz.

A darker, meaner Prisoner for a new generation.:cool:
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,863
    Forum Member
    eww give Chrissie some credit!

Haha, not serious seducing - pretend to cause diversion or to get some contraband or extra visits for "My baybee"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, not serious seducing - pretend to cause diversion or to get some contraband or extra visits for "My baybee"
    Len might break her neck though! lol
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Her "lill Elizabeth"?
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Beatrice Alice Smith has always been my favourite prisoner. Helen Smart was great too.

The Freak being my favourite screw. Followed closely by good old Po Face. :)

Talking about sudden departures, what ever happened to Jean Vernon? Did we ever get an answer to her departure?

Old Meggie Pops threw her out apparently according to Leanne Bourke.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    This is just the best thread ever! Soooo glad I found it on here!

Erm....not sure if this question is allowed but how much of the series is on youtube? I miss Po Face. :D
    Forum Member
    This is just the best thread ever! Soooo glad I found it on here!

Erm....not sure if this question is allowed but how much of the series is on youtube? I miss Po Face. :D

I'm not sure but I think most of it is - I think it's been mentioned previously in the thread
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure but I think most of it is - I think it's been mentioned previously in the thread

Yeah, just don't want to start watching it if episodes are missing, as others have said, it's very fast paced and it would get well annoying to keep skipping episodes!

Was watching short clips yesterday and I'd forgotten all about Cass beheading the guard!
    Forum Member
    So - I've watched the first four episodes again, god it's exciting!
    We've already had a shooting, a stabbing, an assault using the press, a scalping, an affair with an electrician and a small riot! :D The rec room has already been wrecked twice!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well it is recommended by the powers that be that anyone in the uk makes the effort to buy the official dvds as then they will all get released to the end
    Forum Member
    well it is recommended by the powers that be that anyone in the uk makes the effort to buy the official dvds as then they will all get released to the end

That was one of the reasons I got the box set - I had a concern that the later episodes wouldn't make it to release

How far have they got to with releases so far ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How far have they got to with releases so far ?
    this is the next release but no news when others will come..yet

Volume 10 boxset (Episodes 289-320) will be released on 31 October 2011