Rolf spat at in jail church ruckus

Comments

• jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,564
    Forum Member
    It's a prison for christs sake....... why this should make the news is beyond me, the next headline will be "Rolf Harris - Called a nasty name".

If he had been stabbed, burned, badly beaten, that qualifies as vigilantism, name calling, spitting happens on football fields and school playgrounds everyday.

It's not much of a news story, I agree. But I don't think anyone was saying that spitting qualifies as vigilantism - they were making a more general point.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a prison for christs sake....... why this should make the news is beyond me, the next headline will be "Rolf Harris - Called a nasty name".

If he had been stabbed, burned, badly beaten, that qualifies as vigilantism, name calling, spitting happens on football fields and school playgrounds everyday.

Exaggeration doesn't help your point at all.
  • ian_charlesian_charles Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or morons as they are more commonly known...

Did you type that while looking down your nose?
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spitting is a pretty disgusting thing, but why a prisoner spitting at another prisoner is a news story, I don't know. It's not as though prisons are places of exceptional behaviour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Exaggeration doesn't help your point at all.

Hardly........ trying to convince me that spitting is a form of vigilantism or name calling for that matter is a form of punishment, is crazy.

Vigilantism to me is a serious punishment that is believed to match the crime, a face full of phlegm is, I don't think, serious punishment.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spitting is a pretty disgusting thing, but why a prisoner spitting at another prisoner is a news story, I don't know. It's not as though prisons are places of exceptional behaviour.

It'll likely be a case of the spitter wanting a 'pat on the back' from his mates in there. A case of, hey, I spat at the paedophile.
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly........ trying to convince me that spitting is a form of vigilantism or name calling for that matter is a form of punishment, is crazy.

Vigilantism to me is a serious punishment that is believed to match the crime, a face full of phlegm is, I don't think, serious punishment.
    There should be no justification for spitting on someone, more still from an individual whom being incarcerated at Her Majesty's pleasure, cannot boast about being the arbiter of morality.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There should be no justification for spitting on someone, more still from an individual whom being incarcerated at Her Majesty's pleasure, cannot boast about being the arbiter of morality.

Yup..............
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must be confession. He's asking for 35 other offences to be taken into consideration. The catholic church is very big on nonces.

Nice touch of anti Catholic bigotry there, we all know there are no Protestant paedos don`t we?
  • JackieboJackiebo Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rolf Harris gets treated in exactly the same way as every other prisoner?? Oh, the shock,where's the humanity. Come on folks, this is PRISON, people aren't in there due to their gentillity and manners are they?
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AZZURRI 06 wrote: »
    Nice touch of anti Catholic bigotry there, we all know there are no Protestant paedos don`t we?
    Tbf we don't know about any institutional process for protecting them that the Protestant Church has. Catholic Church, on the other hand, seem to treat it as a fact of doing business.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've not heard of any. Can you provide a link, or links that show there's paedophiles in the Protestant Church? Or a link.
  • too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    He goes to prison to serve a sentence, not get beaten up.

What he did was thoroughly awful, but I don't condone acts of violence against him.

Spitting, whilst unpleasant and unacceptable, is hardly akin to severe violence.

I imagine if prison staff only had to cope with inmates spitting at each other and them, whilst pretty gross, their jobs would be a lot easier than tackling the current violence they deal with day to day.
  • MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spitting at Rolf is harris-ment.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really not sure how any newspapers would know whether he'd been spat at or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup..............

So in Anne_666s prison, chopper Harris who murdered 12 people in cruel and gruesome circumstances would go up to Rolf and say 'Jolly poor show Rolf, what beastly crimes, for that, I'm not going to talk to you for a month.
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I've not heard of any. Can you provide a link, or links that show there's paedophiles in the Protestant Church? Or a link.

Are you serious?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/valerie-tarico/the-protestant-clergy-sex_b_740853.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    One is someone who has spat at the other, I assume once, the other one has sexually abused children multiple times in what was a calculated, planned and for some, a life changing manner.

I agree the spitter is far worse........

Do you know what the "spitter" is in prison for?. As far as I know his crime hasn't been published in the press, so for all you know he could be a murderer, left someone disabled, be a rapist or a myriad of other things.

He wasn't in prison for smiling too much and being nice to people you know.

Maybe engage brain before banging away in keyboard warrior mode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Paedophiles are disgusting, so they get what they deserve!

They are disgusting, and prison is what they deserve.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe engage brain before banging away in keyboard warrior mode.

Aye aye captain, your assertiveness and presence has cowed me into submission, I will, moving forward, post in a way that pleases you and you only.

Your loyal servant.
  • CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone can make Rolf feel as scared and vulnerable as his victims then i'm glad. He got away with it for SO long he deserves a rough ride and not a cushy few years
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't have asked the question if I wasn't serious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So in Anne_666s prison, chopper Harris who murdered 12 people in cruel and gruesome circumstances would go up to Rolf and say 'Jolly poor show Rolf, what beastly crimes, for that, I'm not going to talk to you for a month.

Of course, whatever you make up I'll agree with. :D

Is that better?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course, whatever you make up I'll agree with. :D

Is that better?

Yup..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭