Options

EE: Kush needs to get over passive-aggressive Shabnam

FoamFoam Posts: 145
Forum Member
Seriously how many times is Shabnam going to ignore him for days on end only to speak to him again after he buys her flowers for the hundredth time! This storyline is annoying me and Masood is being a complete moron!

She demands so much respect from him and that he takes into account her feelings all the time. Where is her respect for him??

Comments

• Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I don't think the flowers are for Shabnam, it seemed implied that they were for his wife's grave.
    Their relationship really is very odd, I'm baffled by the last few episodes regarding them and Masood.
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Kush could do so much better than obsessive, bitchy, bigoted Shabnam. Run while you can lad!
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The old Shabnam wouldn't have given him the run around like this.
  • Options
    ChatterFaceChatterFace Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for Kush, how could Shabnam expect or even imply that marriage was on the cards after just a few weeks in a relationship? Taking into account that his wife has passed away could make the idea of marrying again so soon even harder for him, let alone the fact they haven't been together 5 minutes and the relationship is far from solid.
  • Options
    billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, she's, annoying. Hot/cold, on/off, let's keep it secret and casual, oh, if you love me, we're engaged.

And hasn't she got a baby that she needs to tell him about, or she is saving it for a bombshell in the pub?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for Kush, how could Shabnam expect or even imply that marriage was on the cards after just a few weeks in a relationship? Taking into account that his wife has passed away could make the idea of marrying again so soon even harder for him, let alone the fact they haven't been together 5 minutes and the relationship is far from solid.

Exactly. Where the hell did she get the idea they were engaged? :confused:
    It's very insensitive of her to just presume/expect that to instantly happen when his wife died. Yes he's moved on enough to start a new relationship but marrying again is another thing.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've really warmed to him, if he ends up with Shabnam then she needs to stop being an arse
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Kush but Shabnam is so annoying.
  • Options
    idgwiatidgwiat Posts: 2,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »
    Exactly. Where the hell did she get the idea they were engaged? :confused: .

I think she got it from the pep talk he gave her about her career on her last day in the mini mart. He was talking about her life, she heard their life.
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Shabnam is stupid and a massively annoying character. If she wants a suitor that will propose marriage to her after a week, then she can easily find that at her mosque. She should have known what she was getting herself into when she decided to date the cheeky Essex boy. More fool her. Get that shrew away from my Kush.
  • Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    I don't believe that Shabnam thought Kush had proposed/intended to propose to her so soon. I think that when Masood was showing his distrust in the relationship (because he believes Kush to be a bit of a 'player') Shabnam, picking up on Kush's 'future' comment decided to tell Mas that they were engaged. Whether she knew Mas would call her bluff I don't know, but I think she (wrongly) assumed that Kush would just back her u if her bluff was called.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm finding Shabnam so frustrating. She was becoming one of my favourite characters, I liked the hard surface and vulnerable girl underneath. Being a strict Muslim in a Westernised family was also interesting to watch. But with Dean's secret baby, a ridiculous plot twist to keep that terrible character relevant, and now this nonsense with the lovely Kush, she is being ruined. I hope the resolution to this story is worth the wait.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually really like Shabnam but the last few episodes have been a bit disjointed and Mas attitude has been rather odd, he may not be the most sensible man but even Masood should see how stupid a rush engagement would be so he overacting was a bit like wtf, one minute his encouraging his son with Nancy but then is getting upset over Shabnam and Kush.

The whole episode from last friday just didn't make sense
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I'd like Kush to be able to play the field a little bit. He was described by DTC as a Ladies' Man. I always wondered if he and Nancy would get together at first because they shared a very early scene together. Or Stacey even. Stacey has always shown an interest in him.
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    I actually really like Shabnam but the last few episodes have been a bit disjointed and Mas attitude has been rather odd, he may not be the most sensible man but even Masood should see how stupid a rush engagement would be so he overacting was a bit like wtf, one minute his encouraging his son with Nancy but then is getting upset over Shabnam and Kush.

The whole episode from last friday just didn't make sense

I think Mas treats Shabnam really differently from how he treats Tamwar - I know she brought some of it on herself with how judgemental and preachy she was to him when she first came back, but his ridiculous over-reaction to her and Kush (who he was trying to set up together anyway) kinda said that he's been carrying that grudge against her for months and couldn't wait to throw it back in her face. It was quite vicious & uncomfortable to watch for me.

He was the same with the money though. I don't know - we might get an explanation about it, but I'm not sure if it's because she's a woman, or because she is so faux righteous, or just a strained father/daughter thing, but it's something.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    It is strange isn't it? I think Kush is in a position to be more annoyed that Shabnam is.
  • Options
    the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »
    Exactly. Where the hell did she get the idea they were engaged? :confused:

He dared to talk about the future and she misinterpreted. Basically he just talked about how she should be thinking of the future in terms of her career; for some unknown reason she thought he meant THEIR future as a couple. However even IF he had meant that he could be serious about her, it's some leap on her part to think that he's about to pop the question! She just seems really naive but guess he hasn't dated a lot. She's being very unfair to Kush who although has laddish tendencies is actually in general a very kind and considerate guy.
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fiagomez wrote: »
    she doesnt know about his dead wife yet though.....

Pretty sure he told her about it right at the start before they even started dating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He dared to talk about the future and she misinterpreted. Basically he just talked about how she should be thinking of the future in terms of her career; for some unknown reason she thought he meant THEIR future as a couple. However even IF he had meant that he could be serious about her, it's some leap on her part to think that he's about to pop the question! She just seems really naive but guess he hasn't dated a lot. She's being very unfair to Kush who although has laddish tendencies is actually in general a very kind and considerate guy.

That really is very tenuous though and like you say a big leap. Would that really ever happen? I agree she's being very unfair, he's been lovely to her and it's not his fault she's somehow got that idea.

fiagomez wrote: »
    she doesnt know about his dead wife yet though.....

She does, he told her about it in one of his first episodes. He made a remark about having been married and she did that horribly predictable cliche thing of presuming his wife must have left him, no wonder she had etc.
  • Options
    paxton7paxton7 Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kush seems like a nice, fun guy. He's about 30 and has already been married, so why is he so interested in a 29 year old woman who acts like a 14 year old school girl, forces him to act like a 14 year old school boy and then turns into a total bunny boiler?
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like Kush to be able to play the field a little bit. He was described by DTC as a Ladies' Man. I always wondered if he and Nancy would get together at first because they shared a very early scene together. Or Stacey even. Stacey has always shown an interest in him.

I would like Kush and Stacey together but they will probably put her and Martin together .. at the moment I just cant see those two as a couple, Kush is more fun and suited to Stacey.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't be doing with these new fangled terms.
  • Options
    Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that Shabnam has been extremely unfair to Kush, especially crying over the fact he didn't instantly decide that he was going to marry Shabnam. She's not the only one that's acted uncharacteristically about the situation though to be fair, Masood has also been extremely cruel to Kush even though you'd think he's the kind of man he'd be happy to see his daughter with
  • Options
    funcat650funcat650 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has double standards and far too many secrets and wants her family to think she's a saint