Options

Misfits Series 3 (Spoilers in Tags)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    decobelle wrote: »
    So much for the spoiler being in tags then, thanks for that

Erm what spoiler? I wish they would hurry up and announce a date. I am so looking forward to series 3, it's bound to be a clunker.

They better have a good reason for future Simon and that whole strand. I am looking forward to what new powers they will have though, Kelly's power had a few inconsistencies for me, why did she not know about future Simon if she was a mind reader? She was walking along with Alicia when she announced that her and Simon were no more, surely Alicia would not have been able to stop future Simon from popping into her mind at some point :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Actually I disagree that Nathan was the glue, I think his character had actually reached a natural end in the Christmas special.

The main thread now is Simon/future Simon also Alicia, i think Kelly also has much mileage. I'm not so fussed on Curtis, he is very dull and I am so glad heart girl is gone, she was the dullest of the dull.
  • Options
    decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm what spoiler? I wish they would hurry up and announce a date. I am so looking forward to series 3, it's bound to be a clunker.

They better have a good reason for future Simon and that whole strand. I am looking forward to what new powers they will have though, Kelly's power had a few inconsistencies for me, why did she not know about future Simon if she was a mind reader? She was walking along with Alicia when she announced that her and Simon were no more, surely Alicia would not have been able to stop future Simon from popping into her mind at some point :confused:

Well, I for one did not know that Nathan was leaving!
  • Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member

Well your better of knowing anyway. Considering he will replaced with new guy with no proper conclusion to Nathans exit given in the next episode. For a conclusion you need to watch the the short episode on the misfits website.

Considering series 1-2 started in November I would guess we can bet it will starting then.
  • Options
    SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well they did try re-sign him for season 3 but he got better offers from elsewhere and decided to move on. They did the webisode to give some closure but obviously the plan was for him to be part of season 3 however the actor wanted to go. It's sort of the same as what happened with Coupling, the actor didn't want to be typecast so left before he got to that point.
  • Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will miss Nathan.He was my favourite character, as the actor is just naturally funny, and so is the character. But the rest are still quite good. Kelly has made me laugh quite a bit... And I am looking forward to the next series.
  • Options
    revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard 30th October?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    revans33 wrote: »
    I've heard 30th October?

That is Sunday not likely. 27Th October or 3rd November is my guess.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »
    Well they did try re-sign him for season 3 but he got better offers from elsewhere and decided to move on. They did the webisode to give some closure but obviously the plan was for him to be part of season 3 however the actor wanted to go. It's sort of the same as what happened with Coupling, the actor didn't want to be typecast so left before he got to that point.

I find it stupid how after only 2 series, he felt he was getting typecast. It's not like he did the show for several years. British actors leave shows too often.

I prefer it in US where they are actually signed to contracts which actually prevents them from leaving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it stupid how after only 2 series, he felt he was getting typecast. It's not like he did the show for several years. British actors leave shows too often.

I prefer it in US where they are actually signed to contracts which actually prevents them from leaving.

It's up to him, and if he had a better offer then. good on him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    after 2 seasons I still can't remember the guy who turns invisible's name. it's not Barry. I know that.but I keep thinking his name is Barry. but that's his joke name. even if someone tells me his name. or I hear it. it seems to go out of my head.

And I keep thinking curtis is called oatis. I find it hard to remember their names.
    Kelly. I sometimes think is called Lauren. and well Nathan I can remember.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Heard a wee rumour that it starts on the 11th of November .. but hey don't quote me lol :p
  • Options
    Stone FreeStone Free Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's because its the Actress's name.

Shes a strange combination of hot and not all simultaneously, probably the accent is the cause of it.

Strange because her brother sounds totally different (but obviously the same type of accent geographically)
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    after 2 seasons I still can't remember the guy who turns invisible's name. it's not Barry. I know that.but I keep thinking his name is Barry. but that's his joke name. even if someone tells me his name. or I hear it. it seems to go out of my head.

And I keep thinking curtis is called oatis. I find it hard to remember their names.

I have the same problems. I don't know, I think it maybe because the series' are too short. Or I'm just that slow. I have to constantly ask people "what's so and so's name"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Heard a wee rumour that it starts on the 11th of November .. but hey don't quote me lol :p

I think they will stick to Thursdays.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    I was at the BFI screening on Tuesday and it was listed as 'late October', which would put it at around the 27th if they're sticking to Thursdays.

We were specifically asked not to let out any spoilers, especially regarding Rudy or the gang's new powers. But worry not about the lack of Nathan, Rudy is brilliant - I think people are going to really like him. :)
  • Options
    Blake ConnollyBlake Connolly Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    I was at the BFI screening on Tuesday and it was listed as 'late October', which would put it at around the 27th if they're sticking to Thursdays.

We were specifically asked not to let out any spoilers, especially regarding Rudy or the gang's new powers. But worry not about the lack of Nathan, Rudy is brilliant - I think people are going to really like him. :)

I was also at the screening, wrote a preview here which anyone who wants to be 100% spoiler free should probably avoid, but I’ve not mentioned any of the biggies like which powers they get (they were very keen to make sure they don’t get spoiled and with a couple of them it’ll be a real shame to find out about before watching the episode). The best thing I can say about it is that it’s the same old Misfits we know and love.

I also agree that Rudy is a great new character, in some ways he’s a clear replacement for Nathan but in many others he’s very different and I’m certain that most fans won’t be pining for Nathan by the end of the episode.

The series will definitely start in the last week of October, when I was chatting to the Channel 4 peeps, they said the day of the week hadn’t yet been decided but Sunday was one of the days mentioned so the earlier suggestion of the 30th might be right. Or, as you say, the 27th if they stick to Thursdays.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stone Free wrote: »
    Well that's because its the Actress's name.

Shes a strange combination of hot and not all simultaneously, probably the accent is the cause of it.

Strange because her brother sounds totally different (but obviously the same type of accent geographically)

Yes. I know her real name is Lauren. But that's not the reason.

she appeared in a one off drama a year or so ago. and her character's name was Lauren. In this she was a 15 year old in care.
    I think she is very natural as an actress..
    they all are very good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so looking forward to this show coming back. I have read the reviews (including the two by Blake Connolly and Flying Nelly) and they've all been so positive.

Nathan/Robert was my favourite character and so I was gutted he was going. Joe Gilgun is an actor I love so I was hopeful, but still uncertain. I also worried they'd just have him be comic relief, since they dumbed down Nathan in S2 imo.

However it sounds like they have been very clever and created him in a way that means Rudy can be used for comedy or drama. His integration into the gang also sounds quite clever (from what I have gleaned) and good for developing the others too.

I hope it's given a chance, because I want an S4! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now confirmed: Sunday 30th October, 10pm, E4.
  • Options
    00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now confirmed: Sunday 30th October, 10pm, E4.

Sundays, interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if Misfits will be in HD? If so I might wait until its repeated on CH4HD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if Misfits will be in HD? If so I might wait until its repeated on CH4HD.

Yes, like both previous series, it'll be in HD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, like both previous series, it'll be in HD.
    Had no idea, I only bought my first Plasma in the break between the two halves of Dr Who!

Ok I will try and resist watching the E4 showing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's an interview with Lauren Socha in the Guardian today.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2011/oct/22/lauren-socha-the-misfit-who-made-it

She does come across as being a bit like her character.