Options

Misfits Series 3 (Spoilers in Tags)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Good to have it back and I enjoyed it. Really like Rudy and think he will be good. I do miss Nathan though but I still think it's going to be good.
    peach45 wrote: »
    Did Simon just leave his mobile on the bench?

In the locker room? Yeah, it links into Nathan's exit video so I think that's the reason it was there.
  • Options
    CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Missing Nathan a lot less than I thought I would. A testament to the strength of the writing.
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    CRM wrote: »
    Missing Nathan a lot less than I thought I would. A testament to the strength of the writing.

Yeah, you would have thought Robert had written the thing because of the way some people, who are no longer watching because he isn't in it, were going on. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Blake ConnollyBlake Connolly Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    My favourite line, as usual, came from Kelly: "We were brunching... and then it all kicked off"

As far as the rest of the series goes, it seems that Seth the superpower dealer is important, we saw him looking at the photo of himself and a girl and then yelling down the phone at someone to look for a particular power he wants to find. Hmm...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barely noticed Nathan was gone. Saying that though it would be great for him to come back.
  • Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bad start. Still not sold on Rudy. For me, it would have made more sense to create a character that wasn't essentially a Nathan-Lite.... Someone completely different. Then he/she wouldn't have felt like such an obvious replacement.

Underwhelmed on the new powers, but we'll see where they go with 'em. It's still a great show... maybe just not quite as great right now.
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    Why was the girl from hollyoaks in this. Took me right out of the episode. I dont want to see people I've seen in soaps
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    Not a bad start. Still not sold on Rudy. For me, it would have made more sense to create a character that wasn't essentially a Nathan-Lite.... Someone completely different. Then he/she wouldn't have felt like such an obvious replacement.

I would have agreed with you, but at the moment he seems far more than Nathan lite. I think giving him this particular power was a good idea as it shows the Nathan-style flippancy is just a front he puts on when he's actually quite a disturbed individual.

Nathan didn't really have that (a single episode of daddy issues aside), and his character only really showed depth in the friendships he formed with other, more rounded characters, such as Simon and Kelly. I'm not the only person who started the series watching mainly for Nathan, but by the end of Series 2 considering the more complex Simon as the real heart of the show.

Rudy doesn't have quite the comic timing of Nathan just yet, but as an actual character he seems far more intruiging.
  • Options
    sn_22sn_22 Posts: 6,477
    Forum Member
    Nice to have Misfits back. :D

Rudy is interesting. One side of him is obviously 'Nathan-lite' - but I think the show needed that. I don't know where the obscene humour would come from otherwise - and I have to admit finding his little funeral eulogy hilarious (I just love how many people they keep accidentally killing :D). But the other side of him is much more interesting, and I think the 'power' he has is really creative, with loads of excellent potential.

Simon and Alesha both have decent new powers - which will obviously come in very handy indeed over time. But Kelly and Curtis' new abilities just seem to be playing it for laughs. And it is funny. Once. But it could get old pretty quickly. Hopefully, with the Seth character hanging around and looking interesting, we might find them acquiring something a little more useful soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie Moore has yet to be in Merlin I think, read she's in it in 2011, I haven't seen her yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have agreed with you, but at the moment he seems far more than Nathan lite. I think giving him this particular power was a good idea as it shows the Nathan-style flippancy is just a front he puts on when he's actually quite a disturbed individual.
    For me, that was as much part of the problem. We knew there was more to Nathan than just being a ****, we just only ever saw glimpses of it from time to time. For me, that journey was more interesting than a character who's insecurities are simply there embodied on the screen, so as to instantly establish that he's not just a bloke obsessed with anal sex! It's like the writers are shouting at us "Look! He is different to Nathan.. Cos he's got feelings, see!!" It was just a bit too obvious,

And at the end of the day, if Rudy's still gonna be the one making crass comments and being a bit of a dick - albeit just some of the time - then it stills feels too much like the writers just haven't made much effort in terms of replacing Nathan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Loving the new Misfits. I'm seriously crushing on Rudy :p Nathan who? ;)
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who was the girl Rudy got off with ? god she was hot!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nathalie Emmanuel. And yes, she is.
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member

She liked it up the a*se?
  • Options
    katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a good first episode. They did a lot - introducing their new powers, introduced Rudy, integrate him into the group, getting the gang back into probabtion - so basically it felt like a set-up episode, but it was still entertaining enough.

I missed Nathan, but really like Rudy. Insecure sad Rudy was kind of adorable. I'm impressed with the new actor, Joe. I think he's going to do alright.

I'm already shipping Seth/Kelly. He's really hot and there was a spark there. Love that she and Alisha are going to be ineptly stalking him next episode.
  • Options
    Rizla187Rizla187 Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Was a decent episode. Nothing amazing.

Here is my prediction:

The series will end with a cliffhanger about Nathan, the gang will go vegas and Nathan and Rudy will go head to head. Jokes about his position as funny man being taken...etc. All the sex jokes just mean its the same character.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not crazy about Rudy , have to say .
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    She liked it up the a*se?

And what an a*se it was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    I also thought it was a decent introductory episode! bit of an establisher as someone said before! Thought Rudy's power was absolutely Brilliant very clever idea imo! Simon's power made alot of sense that that is what he would chose given what he knows about the future for himself and how it might be handy to be able to see ahead a little bit like that! Did miss Nathan but the show seemed to have a different feel to it! I think as it's progressed season to season the shows got a little bit more culty as time passed in season 2 with the whole time travel thing and superhoody and this time I think with the power dealer guy! As it started I thought that Rudy going to see the dealer guy was going to be really predictable and just be him buying himself a power so he could join the gang but it was much more original than that!

Favourite line I think came from Kelly with "yeah we've murdered a couple of people, you just bury them and get on with your life" as well as the "we were brunching and it all kicked off".

Don't see the point in the rocket scientest power atall yet but I'm guessing it will get changed at some point or a proper use for it will be revealed!

Still up there as one of my favorite programmes and very much looking forwards to the rest of the series!
  • Options
    Mrs_Stig24Mrs_Stig24 Posts: 4,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed they didn't change the opening titles to match the chatacters new powers :) How are they going to show Kelly's power?! :D (It is ridiculous and amusing but it does seem like a one trick pony).

I thought it was a decent episode, a bit slow in places but that was to be expected when they had to get Rudy into the group, the gang back into community service etc.

I'm so glad that they've kept the same probation worker, he makes me laugh. His little comment about watching Homes Under The Hammer was genius :D

How high do we think the body count will get this year? Two are already in the bag :p
  • Options
    Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,574
    Forum Member
    masterquan wrote: »
    Why was the girl from hollyoaks in this. Took me right out of the episode. I dont want to see people I've seen in soaps

erm Rudy??? :p
    anyhoo I thought it was a very strong episode, Eli...... I mean Rudy was very good (really liked his nice side)

not sure what to think of the new powers, especially Curtis's gender swap thingy

roll on next week
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    minikievs wrote: »
    ok so i like the first episode was good but their new powers are really really poor :cry:
    That's one of my issues, surely if the others had acquired their powers (which so far seem worse than their first ones) and he said "OK your turn, I only have one and it's an instant sex change" I find it really difficult to believe the answer wouldn't be "Do you know what? I'll hang on to my money and pop back next week to see if you have gotten something decent in".

The second is that with so many people having gained powers, and some pretty stupid people at that, and with Powers now being traded surely the outside world has to have found out by now.

I'm hoping that these story lines will come up in the series because the longer it goes on without the crapness of their powers or the greater world being covered it's going to get harder and harder to suspend my disbelef.

(Yes I know a "what if people found out" story was done with Milky-Milky-Man but just because they stopped him telling the world doesn't mean someone else won't)
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked the first episode. I forgot about Nathan instantly. Rudy is great
    I am interested to see the ratings. I can already manage to several people will tune out to Nathan's departure but what people need to remember, the show was never about Nathan. This is an ensemble show.

The powers a bit meh so far but hey, we have another 7 episodes to cover them
    Simon and Alesha's powers are very interesting.
  • Options
    MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only thing lacking from the first ep was some decent powers like most say.
    I miss Nathan though, the show needs his humour to balance out simons sternness.