Thorn Apollo Boiler Problem

filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi i have a wall mounted Thorn Emi Apollo 13/30 condenser boiler built about 20 years ago...i have a problem with it blowing the heating 5 amp main fuse after i switch it off...it usually happens when the bolier pump shuts down after about 25 mins after i switch the boiler switch off!...the pump i hear is still turning i gather this is normal and it shuts itself off after about 25 mins after i turn the boiler off.....the switched fuse below the boiler doesnt fuse just the main one in the fuse box ..the boiler otherwise works great bar it blowing the fuse. it doesnt blow whilst the boiler is in operation..only 20 mins or so after its switched off....any ideas..could it be the pump..shorting when it switches off ? or the 3 way valve or actuater ?...any help would be appreciated !

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't really help but if you google the problem there are a few responses.
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Can't really help but if you google the problem there are a few responses.

thanks for that but ive looked at similar problems on the google forums ..its helped me but not solved it ! its one of those odd things ..normally its the pump but could be other things thanks anyway ...
  • morganb1611morganb1611 Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    It sounds like some sort of electrical fault, possible from the pump overun thermostat. If it is that it's quite an easy fix and a cheap part to replace.
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like some sort of electrical fault, possible from the pump overun thermostat. If it is that it's quite an easy fix and a cheap part to replace.

hope so its now blowing the fuse after i replace it after 5 minutes without switching boiler on then tried another fuse switched boiler on and it blew after a minute ..so hope think its from the pump end !