**Prince Harry in racist video shame**

Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Oh my!
ROYAL rebel Prince Harry today stands accused of racism in a bombshell home video as he swaggers in front of his army comrades.

The soldier prince pours shame on the Royal Family as he calls an Asian squaddie “our little **** friend” and tells another officer cadet jokingly wearing a camouflage veil off duty: “F*** me, you look like a raghead”—an offensive term for an Arab.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/123700/Watch-Prince-Harrys-racist-outbursts-on-video.html

Comments

• mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    here we go more PC nonsense-
    the word in question is an abbreviation of the word pakistani
    just like "brit" is to the word british..
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear oh dear, barrel being scraped or what.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yawn:yawn: more mock outrage
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mickmars wrote: »

Damn! You beat me to it, I was just about to say the same thing. It's such a shame the PC brigade don't have enough intelligence between them to have worked that out by now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member

Actually that is not the case the word is a offensive and racist word.
    Although I believe this prince harry thing is the papers making something out of nothing.
    The word originated as derogatory term to describe all people who looked Asian and is still used as a derogatory term. It is not just an "abbreviation"
  • Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were obviously all just having a laugh, it didn;t come across as malicious (except for the bastard who sold it to NOTW)

I loved this bit - 'Give my love to Grandpa and the corgis and God save you' :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    As a 3rd generation British/Asian I find these comments extremely shocking and offensive. Is Harry a racist? he did wear that Nazi uniform!!!!. His mother will be turning in her grave, she was going to marry Dodi if everyone can remember, it's all quietly swept under the carpet......and now her son is making RACIST comments like these, appalling!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    Prickles wrote: »
    Damn! You beat me to it, I was just about to say the same thing. It's such a shame the PC brigade don't have enough intelligence between them to have worked that out by now.

Unbelievable, and you have the vote, God help us:rolleyes:
    Forum Member

Yeah!!!!! You go on believing that.....:rolleyes:..Brain of Britain...
    Forum Member

I had to reply once more.... to educate some people.... The word Brit was NOT taken over by a Racist organisation and Racist people as a term of abuse!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    arty2869 wrote: »
    I had to reply once more.... to educate some people.... The word Brit was NOT taken over by a Racist organisation and Racist people as a term of abuse!!!!

It's not been taken over. The fact some (very small minority use it] dosen't mean it belongs to them. Are you one of those people who believe the Union/St George flag has been taken over and no longer belongs to UK/England and shouldn't ne hung in public buildings?

ps. Who put you in charge to 'educate people'?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Zzzzzz - boring, he's a young lad that gets carried away with a load of mates. Just because some so call friend has sold it to a very 'classy' and 'trustworthy' newspaper doesn't mean it should start a massive debate on the uses of certain phrases.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member

I agree. This video is 3 years old aswell:rolleyes:
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whether or not a particular term is "offensive" is dependent on the context in which it is used and it's up to the person on the receiving end of the comment to decide that - not anyone else.

There are terms that I would find offensive if said to me with malice, but completely inoffensive if said to me by a friend.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And did he? F*** him? That would have been an interesting video :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a 3rd generation British/Asian I find these comments extremely shocking and offensive. Is Harry a racist? he did wear that Nazi uniform!!!!. His mother will be turning in her grave, she was going to marry Dodi if everyone can remember, it's all quietly swept under the carpet......and now her son is making RACIST comments like these, appalling!!!!!!

He wore a Nazi uniform at a fancy dress party. I don't remember Diana was going to marry Dodi. I'm sorry you think joking with his mates were racist comments. Did you ever wonder who tipped off NOTW maybe you should attack them?

3rd generation whatever. We have a sort of freedom of speech and I am glad for that. How long do you have to wait before you insult anybody? Good luck to Harry and however him and his colleaugues choose to let off steam in the British Army ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets be perfectly honest here, Old Phil the Greek is not know for being the most racially tolerant (just a plain old nasty bugger) and it was always felt that Charles took after his mum rather than his dad and now we can see that Harry takes after his GRANDDAD, so no doubt the PR department of the Palace will be working overtime.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing angers me about this Issue Two years ago now Jade goody Saga all kicked off..hearing the Royal commentators trying to put a good spin on this makes me sick.
    Theres no difference yet why are they trying to make out it is.
  • Toby LatimerToby Latimer Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His mother will be turning in her grave, she was going to marry Dodi if everyone can remember ...
    :eek: No she wasn't ... http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sky-News-Archive/Article/20080641297305 :mad:
  • Dirty Ice CreamDirty Ice Cream Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Always one....
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh well.....just sounds like banter between mates.

Only the people who were there will know the context in which these comments were expressed. There's no need for the entire country to go into 'mock outrage' mode.
  • stateofgameplaystateofgameplay Posts: 3,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many times can we let this little racist get away with stuff?
    Nazi costume, calling his friend a ****...
    You can tell his family's origins can't you!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,677
    Forum Member
    gosh what a shocker. i'm sensitive to racism in all it's forms, but this is clearly a private joke, a young soldier using the broad idioms of the barrack room and the bar, this is not a malevolent or abusive use of immoderate language, and it would be a very very bad day for our culture if such an innocent little scene were portrayed as requiring punishment or further recriminations.

He is not broadcasting hatred or intolerance towards other races and religions, but merely being a normal human being making normal human being kind of jokes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how the soldier he was referring to felt about being described as "Our little **** friend"? Hurt? Embarrassed? :confused:
  • CaptnSpauldingCaptnSpaulding Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Like he can talk. Little Ginger freak from the worlds most overhyped f**ked up family :)

I'd rather be a "P@ki".
This discussion has been closed.