Options

Xmas Birthdays.

AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 3,827
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's my birthday on Monday (27th)
Does anyone else have a birthday right on top of Christmas? Do you get the old 'here's a present for Christmas, and it'll do for your Birthday as well' routine?
I also hate the fact that it's always cold and (usually) wet on my birthday!

Comments

• Options
    HendersonHenderson Posts: 11,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine was last week, close enough for the "one present" rule. Cheapskates!!
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There'll be some lucky kids who'll be getting double the presents every 25th of December. Lucky sods!
  • Options
    #grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not me, but my Grans birthday is Xmas day. I always ger her a seperate present, but its bloody hard work trying to think of 2 things for someone who is nearly eighty! Then we have an "Unbirthday" for her in April.
  • Options
    AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Appleseed wrote: »
    It's my birthday on Monday (27th)
    Does anyone else have a birthday right on top of Christmas? Do you get the old 'here's a present for Christmas, and it'll do for your Birthday as well' routine?
    I also hate the fact that it's always cold and (usually) wet on my birthday!

Mine's on the 22nd. I hate saying it cos it sounds selfish, but that does really annoy me!

Although it's never been as bad as one of my friends - her birthday's at the end of November, and her aunt gave her an electric toothbrush for both her birthday and Christmas - which she also had to share with her sister. Scrooge!
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Happy birthmas, OP. :p
  • Options
    AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 3,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    Happy birthmas, OP. :p

Don't you start!:D
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 of my 4 children have birthdays within 2 weeks of xmas, 17th,29th and 6th of Jan :S

Happy Christ-Birthday ;)
  • Options
    jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    3 of my 4 children have birthdays within 2 weeks of xmas, 17th,29th and 6th of Jan :S

Goodness me, we all know what you get up to in March! :D
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It my birthday tomorrow (26th December)

When i was younger i would get 2 lots of presents but as i got older i was bought 1 present that did my christmas & birthday.Now i get my christmas presents & money for my birthday.:)
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aesa wrote: »
    Mine's on the 22nd. I hate saying it cos it sounds selfish, but that does really annoy me!

Although it's never been as bad as one of my friends - her birthday's at the end of November, and her aunt gave her an electric toothbrush for both her birthday and Christmas - which she also had to share with her sister. Scrooge!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    jojo01 wrote: »

LOL. Oooohhh Matron! Maybe someone should have bought you one of these for Xmas. :D
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jojo01 wrote: »
    LOL. Oooohhh Matron! Maybe someone should have bought you one of these for Xmas. :D
    :o rofl :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Me! :D 16 today - feel old!
    Used to get double presents (on xmas eve, day & boxing day) but don't anymore :(
    I miss it!
  • Options
    quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My D-I-L's birthday is on Christmas Eve - just when she has heaps of things to do, settle the kids down before going to bed excited, a herd of people call in with pressies and need entertaining.
    I really feel for her, its a bit of short straw....I blame the parents!
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's dead cat's birthday. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum and brother's birthdays are two weeks exactly before Xmas, and due to being a poor student who hasn't managed to find part-time work they get their birthday prezzies on time and their Xmas prezzies when my next student loan comes in :o. Hopefully next year it won't be a problem!
  • Options
    ginnyspanglesginnyspangles Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a boxing day baby. It never bothered me as I never knew any different and growing up it was actually brilliant because everyone was off work and in party mood - and no one ever forgot!!

Have always received separate presents but the only thing that does bug me is having birthday presents wrapped in Christmas paper! Saying that, I am grateful for anything I receive these days. Lol.

Merry Christmas to all and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to fellow Christmas babies.:D
  • Options
    parsleyisfunparsleyisfun Posts: 4,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me! :D 16 today - feel old!
    Used to get double presents (on xmas eve, day & boxing day) but don't anymore :(
    I miss it!

Happy birthmas! 16 is an awesome age :cool: we're the cool kids.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's my gran's birthday today, my aunt's on New Years Day, and my daughter's birthday 6th January. And my mum's was a week ago today! Expensive time of year for me!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    My birthday today and my grandsons tomorrow.
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My birthday is the back end of November, but it's my OH's on the 21st of December.

I make sure she gets both Birthday and Christmas presents though, I wouldn't dream of fobbing her off with "one for both".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My OHs birthday is on the 21st too. He gets a separate birthday and Christmas present, he also gets his birthday present wrapped in birthday wrapping paper and not Christmas paper.

When he was little he used to get upset because he thought he had a shorter birthday than anybody else because there was the least amount of daylight :D