Mick's wife in EE, such a terrible actress.

max_dbmax_db Posts: 3,892
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Watching her trying to act makes me cringe, especially after last night's performance.

What were they thinking putting her on there, OK so we all know most of them can't act to save their lives but even I could do better than her and she's getting paid to do it! :blush::blush:

Comments

• priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's good and EE has a lot of brilliant actors and actresses.
  • BeaconboofBeaconboof Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the point of Linda though. The character is very much an actress herself, a performer trying to put on a show for the punters and keep the 'show' on the road for her family. All that fuss and performance she made over "my ladies" - I thought she was going to start performing a Beyonce dance routine.
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's irritating trying to hard to make her mark.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I have to agree with the OP .

I haven't seen any previous material , but she's playing it very Panto in EE .
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed. Had a feeling someone would make a thread about this after last night's episode as her acting was more OTT than usual. The scene in the Vic when Linda broke down in front of the women was particularly cringeworthy. It was just executed in such a OTT, artificial way by the actress. I'm not usually one who is over-analytic on acting, but Linda's bad acting last night was hard not to notice IMHO. I do like the chaeacter though, just wish the actress would stop playing it like a panto role :D
  • Bart_MitchellBart_Mitchell Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    She's ten times better then the Kirsty or the Vanessa's of this show:p
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Woah, woah, woah. She is without question the best of the new Carters. The character is very showy and extrovert, and Kellie Bright has captured that perfectly.

So many ratchet opinions around here lately...
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    Well I have to agree with the OP .

I haven't seen any previous material , but she's playing it very Panto in EE .
    Agreed - her attempts at portraying crying were on par with Tyler Moon's attempt (in fact, I would say that she was worse).
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I think she's actually a very good actress :O
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think Kellie Bright is actually good. Heard she was in Bad Girls before ?.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's great!

All these years I thought the problem with the Vic was Alfie and last night showed the problem was Kat. Kat could NEVER have done that ladies night and it was one of the warmest episodes for a long time. Linda is a perfect land lady and just what EE needs to push it in to a new era.
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's great.

Yes she's theatrical and OTT but I think that's exactly how the character is meant to be played.
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kellie Bright was amazing in Rock & Chips so I'm sad to hear she's not well received in EE (which I stopped watching when Ronnie came back - not because of her, I just thought it was really badly written and boring). She's a very capable actress - could it be the directing?
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen anything wrong with her acting, the standard of acting on Eastenders tends to be very high apart from a few stinkers.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    I disagree, I have seen Kellie in another things, and a terrible actress she is not, Linda is just very ott at times, but that's just the character.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's awesome. As others have pointed out she's meant to be theatrical, but the scenes where she has shown her vulnerability (like last night when she was crying and the scene where she was discussing her fears about Johnny with Mick) show she doesn't just do one-note stuff. Really like her.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think Danny Dyer (Mick) is the worst actor of the Carter family! He's only got three expressions, one of which is a pained, constipated look.

I was cringing at his acting in the scene where his son came out, but everyone else was raving about it!
  • gwendagwenda Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kellie Bright is an excellent actress. She's been in the business since the age of about 10. She's rarely been out of work. Says it all really.
  • SuburbanqueenSuburbanqueen Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    She's rubbish. The daughter is rubbish too. The young boy isn't bad and the father is just another Eastend type. While we're on the subject - do't think much of Terry's acting either (Bianca's boyfriend) - and his comedy isn't much better. Have seen him live.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    Shappy wrote: »
    I actually think Danny Dyer (Mick) is the worst actor of the Carter family! He's only got three expressions, one of which is a pained, constipated look.

I was cringing at his acting in the scene where his son came out, but everyone else was raving about it!
    I'm still waiting to see the other two.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    It's more the character that I can't warm to. When she's in the pub she's like some prima donna playing to her audience, whilst behind the scenes she is judgemental and sulky.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    MrJames wrote: »
    Woah, woah, woah. She is without question the best of the new Carters. The character is very showy and extrovert, and Kellie Bright has captured that perfectly.

So many ratchet opinions around here lately...

What is a "ratchet opinion"? Genuine question.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kellie is a great actress. The problem however is that anyone who has to follow Lindsay Coulson will always be second best. Lindsay isn't just the best actress in EastEnders. She is the best actress in soap.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    Kellie is a great actress. The problem however is that anyone who has to follow Lindsay Coulson will always be second best. Lindsay isn't just the best actress in EastEnders. She is the best actress in soap.
    The crying scene, following Lindsay's crying scene the night before, was never going to compare.