Options

Mr. Kirkwood, stop turning Eastenders into Hollyoaks

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
Forum Member
I do love eastenders and will obviously keep watching it but i hate how it is blatently being turned into Hollyoaks with the whole E20 gang. Theirs things that i hate about in since he joined:
1) Peter is not Peedog, he is a nerdy little boy who plays football all the time, hes no chav who goes partying wiith Fatboy.
2) why the heck is recasting Lucy and Ben, theyre already played by good actors/actresses.
3) Notice how he is getting rid of the older charecters: Liz Turner, Minty Peterson, Jean Slater, Peggy Mitchel. The only older people left will be Dot and Pat.

So what do you people on the forums think, is eastenders being turned into Hollyoaks?

Comments

• Options
    flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    It's not just older characters who are leaving. Of the younger lot, Zsa Zsa, Leon and Lauren are leaving, with Ben also being written out for a short time.

Melissa Suffield (Lucy) was axed because of her bad behaviour away from the set. With Ben they wanted a more mature actor to play him.

The teens in the woods stuff last week (including the p-dog name) was all Deirdrick Santer, kirkwood's first episode was friday. I do agree though I don't like the Peter/Fatboy thing at all!
  • Options
    BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    Well
    1)Diederick Santer invented E20 and got Peter involved with them.
    2)Charlie Jones (Ben) is not a good actor most people on here will agree and I doubt Brian had anything to do with Mellisa Suffields (Lucy) sacking that was most likely dealt with by the BBC because of her behaviour
    3)Notice how he's also getting rid of younger characters Leon,Libby,Chelsea,Danny and Lauren and bringing in older more older characters Mercys Gran,Vanessa,Kim.

If someone worked on a fruit and veg stall then got a job as a car salesman would you say "oh I'm not going there because he might sell me some bananas":rolleyes:

He knows its a different show he's not stupid and he's only produced two episodes so far both of wich co produced with Diedreck.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    To be totally honest, I've given up actually sitting down to watch it. I tend to absorb it 'by osmosis' as my sons watch it... I don't like what I'm absorbing...
  • Options
    surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    You know when Kirkwood is turning EastEnders into Hollyoaks when former card carrying hetrosexuals turn gay overnight, and a large proportion of the squares residents start suffering mental health problems.

But the clincher would be if Phil Mitchell and Ian Beale become lovers overnight.
  • Options
    jamesdeanukjamesdeanuk Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know what to make of this thread.
  • Options
    CarrieMcNuggetCarrieMcNugget Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be totally honest, I've given up actually sitting down to watch it. I tend to absorb it 'by osmosis' as my sons watch it... I don't like what I'm absorbing...

I'd like to take a moment to lol...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    I think this is a good example of someone needing to do their research before creating a thread.
  • Options
    Lola02Lola02 Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He only axed Lauren and Leon , the rest are recast .

His mistake in my opinion was axing Maddie and i dont think he would have got rid of her if her knew Emer and Mel would be leaving too .

He cant really recast both Lauren and Lucy and Lauren will be difficult to write out .

I can see Madeline being asked back to EE in a few months especially as they have not announced a recast .
  • Options
    gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    I get so annoyed when people say this when it's clearly not true.

Bryan Kirkwood has only just started apearing on the credits but still along with Dieterich Santer.

The desicions he has made are for the best as part of the soap's reinvention. The show will go on without the characters although it is a shame that Stacey,Jean and Charlie are going.

Bringing Kim Fox into EastEnders is a perfect idea. I don't understand how he is turning it into Hollyoaks though.

He has added 3 characters that are over 30 to the cast and has axed 2 characters that are in their teens.

I think this era is going to be even better for EastEnders.
  • Options
    Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    I think its turning into Brookside to be honest. With seriel killers, explosions in the cafe, mad manipulative rapists, so may people killed in road traffic accidents. Ronnie is becoming more like Lindsay Corkhill everyday and its only a matter of time before shes a lesbian gangster getting it on with Janene
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is very unfair, he's hardly even done anything yet.
  • Options
    phasersphasers Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people seem to think that BK has been the EP for a while now :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her's only done a couple of episodes so far,give him a chance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,842
    Forum Member
    I can't wait till all you people are proven wrong who think this.

He will be the best thing to happen to the show in a very long time and every desicion he makes will benefit the show and move it forward.
  • Options
    JJAMUFCJJAMUFC Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    most of the stuff we are seeing at the moment is still Santer's stuff - we won't really see Kirkwood's stuff till the end of the year! and the characters you pointed out most were past their sell by date anyway. and Peggy for instance it was Barbara's decision to leave way before BK joined.

and the re-casts, the actor who plays Ben is quite simply terrible so its only right that they did a re-cast and for Lucy it was probably the BBC's decision to fire her.

I don't like how some people are saying that Bryan Kirkwood will start turning the show into Hollyoaks when really he hasn't got his foot through the door yet - give him a chance at least
  • Options
    bekzjbekzj Posts: 13,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wondered how long it would take for a thread like this to appear.

As others have said, give the bloke a chance!
  • Options
    ListedBuzzListedBuzz Posts: 9,042
    Forum Member
    Lord almighty, this is so tedious now.
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I do love eastenders and will obviously keep watching it but i hate how it is blatently being turned into Hollyoaks with the whole E20 gang. Theirs things that i hate about in since he joined:
    1) Peter is not Peedog, he is a nerdy little boy who plays football all the time, hes no chav who goes partying wiith Fatboy.
    2) why the heck is recasting Lucy and Ben, theyre already played by good actors/actresses.
    3) Notice how he is getting rid of the older charecters: Liz Turner, Minty Peterson, Jean Slater, Peggy Mitchel. The only older people left will be Dot and Pat.

So what do you people on the forums think, is eastenders being turned into Hollyoaks?

E20 was created by Diederick Santer and he bought them into the main show, the only one Bryan has introduced back(i think) is Mercy, but she comes along with her gran anyway.

The Peter thing is again Diederick Santer....

Lucy was axed because of her behaviour off screen & i doubt the current Ben could handle some older storylines when he can barley handle the ones he has now..

Peggy was leaving anyway it was her choice, he has introduced a new older lady in Mercy's Nan, and he's bought back Kim & introduced Vanessa who are all not teens, he's also bringing back Kat & Alfie.. who are not teens.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ListedBuzz wrote: »
    Lord almighty, this is so tedious now.

Tell me about it!
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its turning into Brookside to be honest. With seriel killers, explosions in the cafe, mad manipulative rapists, so may people killed in road traffic accidents. Ronnie is becoming more like Lindsay Corkhill everyday and its only a matter of time before shes a lesbian gangster getting it on with Janene

Lol! :D Oh dear... that would be a sight to see!
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bryan Kirkwood didn't create E20, "Saint" Diedrick Santer did;)

And Ben is NOT played by a good actor. He's one of the wost actors I've ever seen in fact. I'm glad he's had the balls to axe him.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know what to make of this thread.

Innit!

Ya getz me, blood!

That's all I here in EE these days.

It's as if I've gone back to 1983!!!
  • Options
    MuteBananaMuteBanana Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Turn it into Hollyoaks.

I want a new Holloaks style theme tune and opening credits, and the characters all doing little dances in the middle of the square.

And yes, I am serious.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has the OP ever actually watched an episode of HO because the last two episodes of Eastenders have been nothing like it.