Eastenders tonight...

Ste_MurraySte_Murray Posts: 255
Forum Member
OMG brilliant! I love Sadie and jake and the fact they killed a child brilliant story obv he was drink driving EastEnders is back with a bang EastEnders is at its best with gritty storylines what else do you think is going to come out? Do you think he was arrested for it or do ya think it was a hit and run?

Comments

• Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a cracking episode and I generally did not see that secret coming. EE really is on fire at the moment and I really hope they can keep it up going into Christmas.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got to say that was great! Sadie and Jake scenes were amazing.
  • Ste_MurraySte_Murray Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    I hope they keep Sadie she was saying on DS the other day about she knows how her story ends and she enjoyed her time on the square I hope she doesn't leave
  • matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best episode I've seen in a long time!
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if he was drink driving.

It sounds like they were arguing and he says she distracted him and he hit the child. Sounds like that's what got him onto the drink.

I kind of like how they've reversed expectations. Everyone thought the alcoholic would be the villain or a wife beater but they're kind of hinting that this controlling ball-breaker of a wife has caused his problems.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I didn't think it was all that great, considering Simon Ashdown wrote it.

Mainly because I'm not very interested in Sadie and Jake.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    I now understand the EE saying:
    everybodies talking about it
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ste_Murray wrote: »
    OMG brilliant! I love Sadie and jake and the fact they killed a child brilliant story obv he was drink driving EastEnders is back with a bang EastEnders is at its best with gritty storylines what else do you think is going to come out? Do you think he was arrested for it or do ya think it was a hit and run?

Excellent episode..EE must keep Kate Magowan.
  • Bomani channingBomani channing Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best episode I've seen in a long time!
    why stop there, sure it wasnt the best episode ever? lol

Dont know what you all were watching, it was different but these ppl seem foreign to me.Such a reveal lacks any impact due to the fact both characters have been so poorly developed
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't feel like I was watching Eastenders tonight.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Dont know what you all were watching, it was different but these ppl seem foreign to me.Such a reveal lacks any impact due to the fact both characters have been so poorly developed

Condescending post of the day
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I doubt it was meant to have that kind of an impact, but more intrigue to delve deeper into the characters.

Hence the reason it's a part of their backstory as opposed to something they've had happen in the actual show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you sure you weren't watching Channel 5 or something :D. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dont know if its the fact they are relatively unknown, if its jamie's accent/acting or katie magowan's photogenic looks but it didnt feel like EE.Felt like i was watching a new soap on channel 4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was easily the best half-hour of tele I've ever watched in my forty-odd years on this blue marble.

OMG, brilliant, fab, sick, OMG again.
  • BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was good - and I'm glad they've got the twist of having killed the child. It will be interesting to see what happens next with that - does anyone else know they killed the child, or was it a hit and run? Hmm...
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No please why stop there :rolleyes: by all means have an opinion but am sorry you just sound like a troll with this post.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was pretty decent. Without the reveal, it might've been a bit of a damp squib. But the reveal gave the episode a punch. As for Sadie and Jake, they haven't been developed enough (especially Sadie), but I think we should start to see more of that development now that Jake and Sadie have moved into the Square. Tonight was the right step in that direction I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I doubt it was meant to have that kind of an impact, but more intrigue to delve deeper into the characters.

Hence the reason it's a part of their backstory as opposed to something they've had happen in the actual show.
    but thats my point i wasnt even intrigued, ppl are ohhh and awwwwing saying what a twist but it left me numb for the reason I stated.Its very reminiscent of the way whitney's brother was reintroduced to the square.We were given all this exposition in the dialogue between him and whit's mom but it didnt quite compute because the characters were strangers
  • MrAndrewMrAndrew Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    I actually found this to be the weakest episode of the past few weeks, due to the dominance of Jake and Sadie, neither of whom I feel I know. When you don't know the character all that well, finding out some deep dark secret is about as riveting as reading it in 'take a break'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrAndrew wrote: »
    I actually found this to be the weakest episode of the past few weeks, due to the dominance of Jake and Sadie, neither of whom I feel I know. When you don't know the character all that well, finding out some deep dark secret is about as riveting as reading it in 'take a break'.
    this, their marriage was the worst kept secret and no one was clamoring to find out more about them.The director also hurt both actors with the way that scene was shot.It shouldnt have been a long scene their limitations were in clear view.We should have got drips and drabs with the crescendo being the fact they killed a child.The way it was executed just seemed clunky
  • Ste_MurraySte_Murray Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Ive been watching EE since 1990 let me tell you this the past few years have been terrible but tonight watching Sadie and jake got me excited like the old days of EE I even said to my mum I love the way these new characters have been bought in slowly with a massive strory as soon as they move in the square.
    Watching tonights episode felt like a fresh start esp the scenes with jake and Sadie yes it sorta felt like a different soap because of the set but you know what I enjoyed it and this is coming from a life long EE fan
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be the only one who found it dull :o
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont know if its the fact they are relatively unknown, if its jamie's accent/acting or katie magowan's photogenic looks but it didnt feel like EE.Felt like i was watching a new soap on channel 4

The Jake and Sadie parts made me feel like i was watching something else so i know what you mean there :p

It's probably because Sadie hasn't had a scene like this before today and Jake's accent isn't something you would usually hear in Eastenders. Also we ain't used to seeing the house they are living in.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    Must be the only one who found it dull :o

Metoo. I don't know these people, so don't care about what they've been up to. Jake is just unpleasant (yes I know he's meant to be hot) and Sadie's not hanging around.